10 Things that "Absolutely suck" about the iPhone. (Yes I have one)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cmaier

Jun 29, 2007
Visit site
It's actually true that I've been on here for years. I used to post extensively in the treo 650 forums, and occasionally in the chatter forum, but it's been at least a year since I posted prior to last month. I lost interest when everything that could be said about the 650 had already been said, and I moved over to marc's own site for chatter discussions.

Though I didn't request a new account last month (i don't think), so I have no idea what is going on with the date. Maybe I did - I don't see a "welcome" email in my gmail archives, so beat's me.

surur

Aug 6, 2005
Visit site
Surur,

Although you say you don't want to pollute phonedifferent.com forums, it seems you "have no credibility" over there, according to cmaier.

I found that comment interesting, since you don't post over there much.

But he posts over here, and I've owned a treo 650 and been a member of this site for many years.

Which is why I specifically do not rely on "credibility" I would think our iPhone owners are in fact relying on credibility when they tell us they never experienced a crash at all.

If they want to challenge anyone's credibility, why dont they go after the many many people who had problems. I notice llarson for example is a macrumours forum member, but he has not gone into threads and told people they must be imagining their crashes and are cherry-picking.

Surur

jlczl

Jan 21, 2004
Visit site
Last time I checked in it seemed everyone was starting to get along. I guess it was just a figment (sp?) of my imagination. Oh well, let the show go on (I'm thoroughly enjoying it).

To stay on topic, another thing I don't like about the iPhone is that my corporate acct gets stripped of it's discounts if I buy one.

JackNaylorPE

Feb 15, 2005
Visit site
This is completely made up to make your point seem more valid. Are you remotely psychoanalyzing an entire group of unidentified individuals? This is just rambling.

Who are these people who have "buyers remorse"? It's like you are reifying metaphors.

Give me another explanation for someone spending 2-3 hours a day searching the internet for bad postings and then reposting them in as many places as possible.

Denny Crane

Jan 2, 2006
Visit site
Which is why I specifically do not rely on "credibility" I would think our iPhone owners are in fact relying on credibility when they tell us they never experienced a crash at all.

If they want to challenge anyone's credibility, why dont they go after the many many people who had problems. I notice llarson for example is a macrumours forum member, but he has not gone into threads and told people they must be imagining their crashes and are cherry-picking.

Surur

Had my first safari crash today. I had multiple webpages open and was going back and forth. Safari crashed and went back to the home screen. I didn't have to turn the device off or anything. I simply restarted Safari and went on my merry way.

braj

Jun 5, 2007
Visit site
Had my first safari crash today. I had multiple webpages open and was going back and forth. Safari crashed and went back to the home screen. I didn't have to turn the device off or anything. I simply restarted Safari and went on my merry way.

If that is how crashing apps are handled (how they are supposed to be in OS X) then WTF won't Apple allow 3rd party apps? Apps crash, even the bundled web browser. So what? Now let someone make some decent PIMs for the damn thing.

One huge strength for Palms are the PIM apps. I'm a PDA user still, I want my phone top be a great PDA, more so than a great phone.

Denny Crane

Jan 2, 2006
Visit site
If that is how crashing apps are handled (how they are supposed to be in OS X) then WTF won't Apple allow 3rd party apps? Apps crash, even the bundled web browser. So what? Now let someone make some decent PIMs for the damn thing.

One huge strength for Palms are the PIM apps. I'm a PDA user still, I want my phone top be a great PDA, more so than a great phone.

That's how it happened with me today. As far as OS X, I don't know. I don't own a Mac.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro