Why would that be necessary? Hasn't this device had more than enough positive hype already?

Surur
    06-30-2007 10:10 AM
    ok, i'll leave well enough alone.

regards
    06-30-2007 10:17 AM
    There's a Slashdot thread on the AnandTech iPhone dissection/destruction. Two brilliant comments made me laugh:

It's like some kind of warped geek snuff movie
    That noise - as if millions of fanbois suddenly cried out in shock and were suddenly silenced. I fear something terrible has happened....
    06-30-2007 10:20 AM
    agreed. No positive comments needed. After reading these, I am happy to stick with my 755p for now. I need file management, a mail client with the functionality of Chatter, and Salling Clicker! (though I bet someone will develop a remote app before long...)
    06-30-2007 10:21 AM
    Seems they may have a headphone jack issue like treos (bummer dude): Page 2 Captain Ken post

My built in speaker isn't working.
    Volume is set to high, silence is off. I plug in the headset and can hear just fine. I've rebooted and reset the phone. Still no luck.
    Any have suggestions?
    06-30-2007 10:27 AM
    Mine is so cool, I just lay on it and roll around. Seriously. There are a few quirks, but it works EXACTLY as advertised. I've never had a phone (treo) like that.
    06-30-2007 10:30 AM
    should we paste in a positive user comment for every negative one you provide? that wouldn't be very useful, would it.

c'mon man......
    Actually I would like all the positive comments in the same thread. That way, one could judge the importance of the +s and -s.

At this point -'s are winning. I knew the device was rather limited, but I certainly didnt expect so many crash reports. I also feel for the poor people who waited in line for 6+ hours and still are not activated. Lots of those reports out there
    06-30-2007 10:40 AM
    What's with all the negative propaganda, OP? Seems like you are terrified someone will actually like the iPhone. I do. Read my post here if you are curious what it's like to like the thing.

http://pdaphonehome.com/forums/ppc-6...night-wow.html

Just try one yourself and let us know how it compares.
    06-30-2007 10:40 AM
    Surur...I think you'll get the most yayas from the iPhone forums here:

http://www.everythingiphone.com/forum/

First rule about AppleClub, you never buy a first production Apple product.
    06-30-2007 10:41 AM
    There's a Slashdot thread on the AnandTech iPhone dissection/destruction. Two brilliant comments made me laugh:

So it looks like it has 128 MB RAM. Thats not a lot for a full features OS, but then again the iPhone does seem to be a bit short on features...

Surur
    06-30-2007 10:41 AM
    there are hundreds of posts from people that are loving their experience with it. i would hardly say that the minuses are greater than the positives.

right, read them for yourselves, it would be silly to spend the time to copy and paste each and every one of them.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthre...321623&page=19
    06-30-2007 10:44 AM
    What's with all the negative propaganda, OP? Seems like you are terrified someone will actually like the iPhone. I do. Read my post here if you are curious what it's like to like the thing.

Sorry, from that thread you come across as easily impressed by superficials. From the complaints we are seeing the iPhone really lacks any depth.

Surur
    06-30-2007 10:46 AM
    It's easy for anyone to comb through forums and only relay the negative information.

I'm pretty sure this phone will smash the market share. It's just incredible. I've used the 600/650/700wx/6700/Q/8703e/Mogul and this iPhone completely owns them all. I realize it's hard to like an Apple product, but as a MSFT-mostly guy, I'm astonished.

Whatever your knee-jerk opinion is of the iPhone, at least test drive the thing before plastering nonsense on the internet.
    06-30-2007 10:48 AM

Just try one yourself and let us know how it compares.
    Umm shouldnt you give it more than a few hours before you become truly satisfied/dissatisfied with it? Let the mystique wear off first
    06-30-2007 10:49 AM
    Sorry, from that thread you come across as easily impressed by superficials. From the complaints we are seeing the iPhone really lacks any depth.

Surur
    lol. Ok man. I'm just a kidd-o who likes kewl things. Not really. I am a heavy business user (see post history) and enjoy non-work things as well. The iPhone fits the bill for me beyond my expectations. Imagine if this was the 1st ever Treo or WM device. Apple got it right, no matter how hard that is to realize.

Oh well. Whatever works for you, I suppose. I'm elated with my superficial toy.
    06-30-2007 10:50 AM
    Surur...I think you'll get the most yayas from the iPhone forums here:

http://www.everythingiphone.com/forum/

First rule about AppleClub, you never buy a first production Apple product.
    Oh you are right. This is cute:

Having problems getting more than a whisper from this iphone speaker. The ringer and ipod is making sounds but it's too quiet. A mosquito buzzing around is louder. Already gone through the settings and max the volume control. Any thoughts? Thanks!

cafetime21
    -------------------------------------------

I am still trying to figure it out as well. Speaker is very quiet.
    http://www.everythingiphone.com/foru...aker-2878.html

Surur
    06-30-2007 10:51 AM
    It's easy for anyone to comb through forums and only relay the negative information.

I'm pretty sure this phone will smash the market share. It's just incredible. I've used the 600/650/700wx/6700/Q/8703e/Mogul and this iPhone completely owns them all. I realize it's hard to like an Apple product, but as a MSFT-mostly guy, I'm astonished.

Whatever your knee-jerk opinion is of the iPhone, at least test drive the thing before plastering nonsense on the internet.
    All surer has been doing is posting some of the impressions of those who bought the thing. And I bet more people still havent been activated than those happy with it. Wonder when AT&Ts 14days start...1.5 days to get activated only 12.5 days to evaluate it.
    06-30-2007 10:52 AM
    there are hundreds of posts from people that are loving their experience with it. i would hardly say that the minuses are greater than the positives.

right, read them for yourselves, it would be silly to spend the time to copy and paste each and every one of them.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthre...321623&page=19

Hehe well Im too lazy to go digging up experiences on iphone, so I like it spoon fed..Still there is alot of negativity for a device that is 16 hours old.
    06-30-2007 10:55 AM
    FW updates. Frequent FW updates. If issues are there, they will be fixed, unlike the yearly MR that ruins your phone.
    06-30-2007 10:55 AM
    applelogo stuck on iphone

Ive tried reseting it i can only get to the apple logo no more than that every thing was working yesterday
    http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=322571

Surur
    06-30-2007 10:58 AM
    Hehe well Im too lazy to go digging up experiences on iphone, so I like it spoon fed..Still there is alot of negativity for a device that is 16 hours old.
    People are expecting pefection. The bar is off the charts high. Again, imagine if this was Palm's or MSFT's first entry ever into the mobile phone market. People would be giving them mega credit for taking a swing, and defending it at every opportunity. B/c it is AAPL, people want something that works as if it has been around for years and has every single bug/issue ironed out.

I'd say for a 16-hr old device, my iPhone has already surpassed Palm/MSFT/RIM's best ever work.

Just my opinion.

Gotta go cut the grass now, so I'm outta here. :hmm:
    06-30-2007 10:58 AM
    FW updates. Frequent FW updates. If issues are there, they will be fixed, unlike the yearly MR that ruins your phone.
    I hope for the iphone fans you are correct. I also hope Stevie adds some missing features for you guys like MMS & A2DP. Things that should be there from the beginning.

But I dont know what you are talking about with MR as my 700wx has been solid from the start.
    06-30-2007 10:59 AM
    I read on slashdot that the iphone does not have vibrate. Is that true?!?
    AFAIK it has vibrate.

Surur
    06-30-2007 11:10 AM
    AFAIK it has vibrate.

Surur
    Yea it was an early spec that said no vibrate..

Thats why I deleted my post
    06-30-2007 11:10 AM
    I hope for the iphone fans you are correct. I also hope Stevie adds some missing features for you guys like MMS & A2DP. Things that should be there from the beginning.

But I dont know what you are talking about with MR as my 700wx has been solid from the start.
    "for you guys" you mean, you....the actual owners don't seem to care (or know what it means)

your 700wx? it should be solid, brick solid.
    06-30-2007 11:21 AM
3,194 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD