10 Things that "Absolutely suck" about the iPhone. (Yes I have one)

Status
Not open for further replies.

zeze22

Sep 18, 2006
Visit site
I've seen a post somewhere where the guy asks "How do I know when its fully charged?" On most devices a solid green LED is all you have to look out for.

Apple has actually managed to discard usability conventions from many years mainly in an effort to make their device look good. This cant be expected to suit people who prefer substance over style.

Surur

Once again, the poster reveals that he has never even seen the device that he obsessively criticizes.

Ignorance defined, exponentially.

It's also funny to hear a windows user criticize Apple for poor usability.

Pearl_Diva

Mar 24, 2005
Visit site
Being that he's in the UK, I guess that is impossible for now. But he can still post reports on it's shortcomings. Remember, in this thread, it's not him but other posters in other forums.

zeze22

Sep 18, 2006
Visit site
I love how the iPhone apologists post cryptic notes because they do not have a real response.

Surur

Sorry to confuse; I'll decrypt.

As opposed to an LED display, the iPhone screen depicts a battery about fifty times the size of an LED while the phone is charging; It's red while charging and green when fully charged.

Since it's bigger, it can be seen fro a greater distance than an LED, since that was so important it provoked another silly and lengthy post.

This is just another example of the misinformation all over this tread caused by your unfamiliarity with the product.

surur

Aug 6, 2005
Visit site
Sorry to confuse; I'll decrypt.

As opposed to an LED display, the iPhone screen depicts a battery about fifty times the size of an LED while the phone is charging; It's red while charging and green when fully charged.

Since it's bigger, it can be seen fro a greater distance than an LED, since that was so important it provoked another silly and lengthy post.

This is just another example of the misinformation all over this tread caused by your unfamiliarity with the product.

And when the screen is off?

Surur

surur

Aug 6, 2005
Visit site
The trials and tribulations of iPhone owners make for interesting reading.

toss002 07-06-2007 16:57

-----------------

Experienced DELAY with ROTATION-SENSOR?

Have you guys experienced a delay with the rotation-sensor when viewing pics?

This morning it seems to work fine.

BUT yesterday, I was viewing pictures, and it took some time for it to rotate my pics--sometimes not at all. When it didn't, I had to rotate a complete 180 to work. (I asking this because I am expecting it might happen again.)

I am thinking heat might have something to do with it. When it's hot = delay. When it's cool (like first touch in the morning) = okay.

Anyone experienced this?

BeyondTheTech 07-06-2007 17:39

------------------

For me, it also depends on the tilt. If I have the iPhone completely upright, the accelerometer works without a hitch. If I'm angled and then I rotate, it might take a bit for it to realize it's in a new orientation.

toss002 07-06-2007 17:42

----------------------
Originally Posted by BeyondTheTech
For me, it also depends on the tilt. If I have the iPhone completely upright, the accelerometer works without a hitch. If I'm angled and then I rotate, it might take a bit for it to realize it's in a new orientation.

That sounds like a tip, thanks.

toss002 07-06-2007 17:47

------------------------
Accelerometer and Games

I have read somewhere that they might utilize the accelerometer for controlling games, possible games that would be made for iPhone.

If this were true, the accelerometer has to work perfectly.

But iThink this might not happen.

Thus, touch-screen games would be the only choices?

glowrider 07-06-2007 17:48

-----------------------

Definitely changes sensitivity in regards to tilt so it doesn't keep spinning on someone who is using it tilted. This morning, for example, I'm on set and it won't spin the album covers in coverflow. Really frustrating.

bbm3 07-06-2007 18:20

--------------------------
I tap the top of the phone with my finger when this happens. Works great.

brooklynbo916 07-07-2007 05:23

-------------------------
tap the screen at the top or the phone?

bbm3 07-07-2007 05:47

---------------------------
Originally Posted by brooklynbo916
tap the screen at the top or the phone?

The edge of the phone, the body, whichever edge is up.

Not sure if that is clear, if not I?ll try again.

The WB 07-07-2007 13:57

-------------------------------
But why is it doing this so quickly? The rotational forces should be enough - tapping the unit now to make it work, just 7(+) days post launch.
http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1195686

Problems starting already, only 7 days after launch? I wonder if there is a way to enter coverflow without relying on this buggy sensor. It must get frustrating when you are stuck with Apple's way or the highway.

Surur

mikec#IM

Dec 4, 2002
Visit site
off

And when the screen is off, you have to look across the room, and then walk across the room, turn on the screen, and see if you have a message or if it charged.

Denny Crane

Jan 2, 2006
Visit site
Being that he's in the UK, I guess that is impossible for now. But he can still post reports on it's shortcomings. Remember, in this thread, it's not him but other posters in other forums.

The problem is that he is posting these issues as being indicative of the entire population of iPhone owners. That would be akin to saying that because the 700P is a piece of garbage that all Treos are, which we know is not the case.

surur

Aug 6, 2005
Visit site
The problem is that he is posting these issues as being indicative of the entire population of iPhone owners. That would be akin to saying that because the 700P is a piece of garbage that all Treos are, which we know is not the case.

You know, there is something very special about the iPhone. Its a closed system. People cant do anything to make it work any better or any worse.

If a few people are experiencing issues, especially software issues, then these exist in all devices. You have just not run into them yet. If a few are experiencing hardware issues (e.g. poor sensitivity of the accelerometer) we also do not yet know how wide-spread this is.

In the mean time most people are still mesmerized by the "fluid interface". Complaints will increase once that wears off.

Interesting little fact - The Safari browser allows multiple windows, but you cant open a link in a new window. How's that for having a real browser in your hand (or not).

Surur

Denny Crane

Jan 2, 2006
Visit site

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny Crane View Post
The problem is that he is posting these issues as being indicative of the entire population of iPhone owners.

So you're accusing him of generalising from individual, though numerous, posts...

Which you follow with two generalisations:

Quote:
That would be akin to saying that because the 700P is a piece of garbage

and

Quote:
...which we know is not the case.

I would suggest that you read the 700P forum carefully.

And it is a fact that not all Treos are garbage.

What is the problem? :D :D :D :D :D

surur

Aug 6, 2005
Visit site
Evidently you haven't read his first three posts in this thread.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=322365

So the iPhone also crashes during phone calls?

Surur

These are my first 4 posts in the thread. I dont see where I said all IPhone crash on every phone call. The point is that the device is not invulnerable to the problems we are familiar with here. That by itself was big news when the thread was started. Today its just common knowledge.

Surur

mikec#IM

Dec 4, 2002
Visit site
denny

Denny, I read the first three posts of the thread by surur...again, he does not mak that claim.

And the 700p is not garbage....10 years old OS that resets a lot, sure, but not garbage.

Denny Crane

Jan 2, 2006
Visit site
These are my first 4 posts in the thread. I dont see where I said all IPhone crash on every phone call. The point is that the device is not invulnerable to the problems we are familiar with here. That by itself was big news when the thread was started. Today its just common knowledge.

Surur

You certainly weren't listing any posts where folks were happy with the device which only shows your bias.

It's ok....maybe you too can have an iPhone one day. :D

Denny Crane

Jan 2, 2006
Visit site
Denny, I read the first three posts of the thread by surur...again, he does not mak that claim.

And the 700p is not garbage....10 years old OS that resets a lot, sure, but not garbage.

I would characterize something that resets alot (hello Treo 700P!) to be garbage.

Denny Crane

Jan 2, 2006
Visit site

He certainly isn't presenting the posts to be only a small subsegment of the iPhone population is he?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR