Will they really run out of inventory?

Scott R

Oct 29, 2001
tapland.com
Near me the answer was 'yes'. I was surprised, too. My brother was on the hunt for one and found a long line (40 people or so) outside of one AT&T store and a shorter line (about 10 people) outside of another store. The first store's AT&T rep "didn't know" the inventory (yeah, right), so he went to the other one and was told that they were sold out. It's still unclear as to how many each store was getting, so it's possible that Apple was understocking the stores intentionally, but given the fact that one of these stores had a long line outside of it at 7pm, I'd say there was a pretty good demand on day one.

He also got a chance to play with one of the display units and was very impressed with all of the eye candy goodness. I'm still on the fence about it, largely due to it still looking like it will be a pretty closed platform.

Scott R

Oct 29, 2001
tapland.com
Update: My pathetic Apple fanboy of a brother ventured forth and hit a few more AT&T stores. He scored a 4GB iPhone (8GB models were sold out) from one store and found a similar situation at another AT&T store. Later, he hit an Apple store and found, much to his surprise, that they had an "unlimited suppply" (Apple clerk's words) of both models in stock, so he picked up an 8GB model. The sales rep told him that while there was a long line of people when they opened at 6pm, they moved people through the line very fast and by around 7pm things were fairly quiet.

I have to hit the mall tomorrow for something else, so I plan to stop into the Apple store to play with the iPhone for a while.

Pearl_Diva

Mar 24, 2005
Visit site
Same here. Apple Store has a huge supply. ATT stores not so. They had to take orders at the one down the street from here. Apple's not that far, they could have just gone down there, LOL!

I didn't order one. I gotta call first to see exactly what it's going to cost to move one of my numbers over.

oalvarez

Apr 25, 2004
Visit site
oh Kupe, don't be ridiculous. many of us find her posts full of drama, insight, some mystifying, some quite comical. they're always fun reads.

onetwotreo

Oct 25, 2004
Visit site
My cousin works at an AT&T in Louisiana and they sold out of iPhones in 90 minutes. He told me that their store received 80 of the 8GB and 20 of the 4GB iPhones. He told me that there no iPhones out on display.

I live in Chicago and visited one of the suburban Apple stores (Oakbrook Mall) to see if there were any left. At around 8pm CST, I walked into the Apple store (no line at all) and saw that they had a display table of 4 iPhones for people to play with. I played with one for a couple of minutes when an Apple employee asked if I wanted to buy one. I said "Sure" and he said that I can buy two devices if I want. I walked to the cashier, handed him my credit card, and I became the new owner of an iPhone...just like that! No waiting - no lines.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vivekintech1