Visit site
Here goes:

Treo 650 - 1 1/2 years
Treo 700P - 1 year
Motorola Q - 2 weeks
PPC 6700 - 1 month
Blackberry 7250 - 2 year
Blackberry 8830 - 1 month

There is the list. Also I currently have a Palm TX and a Dell Axim x51v.

Out of curiosity, what else have you used?

specimen38

Sep 29, 2004
Visit site
Mike,

I see your points. But what Archie is saying -- is that there has never been anything like this in one phone containing so many different technologies and causing such a shifting in the tide of mobile phones, and carrier relationships. Presumeably, your rebuttals are legit, but you'd have a whole list of phones to cite each example to refute Archie's list.

Sorry to burst bubble.

Tap to zoom-in/zoom-out, tap to scroll and gestures are not unique or new to iPhone.

"One button" is a red herring. Anywhere you have to tap for a control, that's a button. One "hard" button, sure, but I see a lot of "soft" button in the iPhone (not to be confused with soft keys, which are a variant on hard buttons"

As for best font, again, not true...not even the highest resolution.

Please define "smartphone", because again, it's not the thinnest.

Now it's Oracle's IMAP/POP? How about just plain old POP/IMAP, which is just fine.

"A promise and dedication" - you mean like all the Apple porducts in the past that were abandoned. Does that extend to the battery, once it des after 366 days?

"First phone to not be subsidized through carrier." Not true. Phone are sold every day without subsidies.

"Only phone that doesn't have carrier logos plastered all over it." Again, not true.

"First company to actually sell a phone based on a subscription model and not a subsidy model." Again, not true; see above.

"Only phone to provide seamless switching between EDGE and Wi-Fi." Please define seamless, because I doubt it will do midstream.

"Revolutionary web interface helps to provide THE BEST overall smartphone browsing experience." I think you mean "best wi-fi browsing experience on a PMP that has phone functionality"

"Only phone to support such a wide variety of media formats out of the box", again not true.

"Only smartphone to have antenna located in the back part of the phone at the very bottom". Again, define smartphone, and not true.

Like I said before, repeated false statements do not make them true. Starting a new thread to repeat them does not make them true either.

Kupe#WP

Jul 28, 2000
Visit site
But what Archie is saying -- is that there has never been anything like this in one phone containing so many different technologies and causing such a shifting in the tide of mobile phones, and carrier relationships.
The same could be said for RIM and the Blackberry.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2