People EBAYing line waiting service for the iPHONE

beachtrader

May 16, 2006
Visit site
Line for iPhone starts here

http://news.com.com/2300-1041_3-6193649-1.html?part=rss&tag=6193649&subj=news

Although there don't seem to be reports of any iPhone shortages, people who just want to be the first are already waiting in line in front of Apple stores in Manhattan.

Despite searing midday heat and heavy thunderstorms, 14 people were camped out on Wednesday night by the Apple store on Fifth Avenue in Manhattan. The crowd was wet but in good spirits. A nearby shower for line squatters to use was a huge boost for moral--and hygiene.

stroths

Apr 16, 2006
Visit site
A bunch of iDiots waiting for the iPhone :p

j/k to all you iPhone fanatics out there...now put down your cheetos and light saber and no one will get hurt. All kidding aside, anyone here have a friend that is in line yet?

When the PS3 came out, there were people camping out for several days here in the Dallas area. This happened to coincide with the worst storms we had that year...I felt bad for them, but they probably made out well on eBay.

braj

Jun 5, 2007
Visit site
In contrast, I went in a Palm store today and there were three employees and no customers. I left 30 seconds later because the accessories they have are 2x the price anywhere else. They had 2in1 headphones for $50. Palm stores suck.

mmereos

Apr 28, 2005
Visit site
It is also storming here in Miami Beach pretty badly. I'm going to go get one for my brother tomorrow, but I'm not going to stand in any line, and I'm not going to buy any extra ones because I know there will be plenty to go around. I've noticed all the ones on EBay have been taken down, I have to applaud EBay for doing that, it's stupid for someone to pay $1000 for something they can walk in and buy at a store for 499/599. I love capitalism a lot but I don't like cannibalism and price gouging.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77