There is a rumor floating that Nintendo may release games at $29 for the iPhone, via iTunes.

Not solid info though, but certainly perks interest. Engadget had the story.

Then I will definitely get the second generation where I will be able to toss the phone around like my Wii controllers and keep track of the action on that flipping screen.
    06-28-2007 06:40 PM
    It is time for Palm to give the middle finger to the carrier and build a device for the masses..so what if verizon or AT&T doesn't like it? Make them ALL unlocked and if the GUI is halfway to the apple with WITH HARDKEYS..ppl will come and from all over the world too once it's GSM! But then I've always been a dreamer!
    Yeah, that'd be nice too (at least for GSM, CDMA is very, very locked :thumbsdn:, yet we get great data...)

I think Palm, which mind you only has about 1k employees, could not risk it. They need carrier financing.

I tell you, once these companies just become open ISPs, it'll get better. Sprint's WiMax (assuming it actually gets completed) has promised to be completey open to any device that has a Wimax chip (which are cheap and can piggy back on Wifi chips). Think of it as a regional hot-spot. That's a start.
    06-28-2007 06:43 PM
    I have my doubts on WiMax, but we shall see.
    06-28-2007 06:55 PM
    Ouch - are those teeth marks I see on Palm post shark-jump?
    http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1183...oo_hs&ru=yahoo

Need I say more?
    06-28-2007 06:57 PM
    Did you look at the entire financial report including
    NEW YORK (Reuters) -- Palm Inc. Thursday posted lower quarterly profit and revenue, even as it reported record sales of its Treo smartphones.
    06-28-2007 07:01 PM
    Treo rocks.
    Palm sucks.

Nothing new there.
    06-28-2007 07:27 PM
    Did you look at the entire financial report including
    NEW YORK (Reuters) -- Palm Inc. Thursday posted lower quarterly profit and revenue, even as it reported record sales of its Treo smartphones.
    It does seem odd, than again as popular as the Q is (Verizon, Sprint, AMP'd) and the RAZR (etc.), Motorola is also loosing money.

It's an odd business, that's for sure.
    06-28-2007 07:39 PM
    If Palm were smart, they would have started advertising this week showing a 800w with 320x240 widescreen similiar to Q(or 320x320 sq as now), with sexy curves and thin, tout the broadband similiar to sprint cingular commercials, show pocket player (for media) built in, built in GPS, slingbox, point out what it can do vs the iphone, then end the ad with iWhat? Instead they are conceding the launch of the iphone to apple
    Point out the iTunes compatible add on software etc etc...even if it was total vaporware, if the design was hawt and months out, I'd believe...
    06-28-2007 08:29 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD