5 reasons not to get iPhone

oalvarez

Apr 25, 2004
Visit site
What can one do with an iphone that is impossible to do on a WM machine?

i guess it's in how certain things get done on the iPhone vs on a WM device. at the end of the day it comes in a great looking/improved form factor over what many around here use (Treos specifically).

bruckwine

Nov 25, 2006
Visit site
The HTC's camera view-finder isn't full screen.

You said, "Without Java and Flash I think there must be many devices with higher screen resolutions which work better. UMPC's are also mobile device BTW."

Yeh, I really want to hold a UMPC up to my ear. :rolleyes:

Addressing Flash, recent comments from the likes of Steve Jobs and David Pogue and an Adobe person, whose name escapes me right now, are suggesting that the iPhone will indeed get Flash.

The Samsung x828 isn't that same thinness throughout the whole length of the phone. Plus, can't buy it here anyway.

YouTube application doesn't have the browser overhead. Plus the iPhone will get the content via streaming AND it is scalable depending on EDGE connection or the amount of bandwidth through wi-fi.

By the way, how much do you pay for your data?

In regards to the iPhone's push email, it might interest you to know that it supports the open standard developed by Oracle (this is what Yahoo uses). So it is definitely NOT fake and it definitely IS the most efficient available - easy on the battery.

LG PRADA, HTC Touch! Come on, you know these are no where near the same as what Apple offers.

Addressing the the HTC Universal's speakers, I just checked and it has to be open to use those speakers. If you set it down without first unfolding it, it covers up that tiny phone speaker - which as usual is placed on the back, covered up.

Here we go again!

Regarding UMPCs - maybe if you deffined your argument to entail phones rather than handhelds you coudl say this but you specifically quoted "handhelds" which includes phones, PDAs and any device made to be held in one or two hands :rolleyes:

Regarding the samsun - so you can't buy it so comparisons don't qualify? WEll I can't buy an iPhone but as long as I knowthe specs I can comapre it! Your arguemnt falls flat on those very words! LMAO

regarding YouTube - are you an apple enginer? What borwser overhead are you talking about? Once you stream you are using data and so there will be overhead whether you're using an email client, browser or internet app (like Google Maps). And streaming is what everyone does with the internet!

Regarding iPhone "push email" once again you make a definitive statement with absolutely no proof. I hope you never have to defend yourself in court!

Prada and Touch - you dismiss these for no clear logical reasons - I guess in the same way i should dismiss this iPhone which has no 3rd party apps or hard keys! It has nothing on my nokia or treo! :rolleyes:

I have nothing against your opinions (they're yours)...what I feel the need to reply to is your illogical statements of "truth"!

volwrath

Oct 11, 2006
Visit site
i guess it's in how certain things get done on the iPhone vs on a WM device. at the end of the day it comes in a great looking/improved form factor over what many around here use (Treos specifically).

I agree with you. But if you flip the question around, one might have a much longer list.

RICHINMJ

May 28, 2004
Visit site
Can't do without my Slingbox but if I scan the pictures real fast with my improved UI and greatlooking/improved form factor, its almost the same.

oalvarez

Apr 25, 2004
Visit site
remember what most of the iphone buyers want.....phone, internet, music and perhaps read a document or two. they might also want a good looking device coupled with a slim form factor.

they don't really want a handheld laptop, just something fun and easy to use. for them that is the iPhone.

bruckwine

Nov 25, 2006
Visit site
So are you saying since the A920 had speakers on the side it is as good as the iPHONE.

Buddy remember this, "CRACK IS WHACKED" lay off the pipe.

Archie's sidekick :D nex time tell you iFriend that when he makes sweeping statements about a device of which half are false (First, Largest, Period, bestest etc) and itemises so-called "unique" features then each item is subject to comparison to any other item out there!'

Btw you sure have a way of trying to put words into ppl's mouths! Even I can re-read that post and see he simply pointed out that not having speakers on the back of a hpone isn't unique as archie claimed :crazy:

And resorting to personal insults. How old are you anyway? First the "suicide" post and now implying ppl are on drugs. I wonder if there's any moderation here at all!

bruckwine

Nov 25, 2006
Visit site
remember what most of the iphone buyers want.....phone, internet, music and perhaps read a document or two. they might also want a good looking device coupled with a slim form factor.

they don't really want a handheld laptop
, just something fun and easy to use. for them that is the iPhone.

Now I can agree that is what Apple is marketing...but until we actually hear reports/reviews from some buyers I won't assume that (though it's 99% likely anyone who buys it just wants that!)

RICHINMJ

May 28, 2004
Visit site
Now I can agree that is what Apple is marketing...but until we actually hear reports/reviews from some buyers I won't assume that (though it's 99% likely anyone who buys it just wants that!)

Do we honestly expect to hear complaints from people who spent 3 days waiting in line to hand over their money?

volwrath

Oct 11, 2006
Visit site
All I know is that Id be pissed if I bought a song off iTunes, and then had to pay seperately for a ringtone..Isnt that was the rumor is?

syphex#IM

Jun 11, 2007
www.myspace.com

Malatesta

Jan 19, 2006
Visit site
I mean, all kidding aside, the iPhone will be a sleek device and it'll do a lot of neat things and it'll do them well. As much as a WM device? No, but it'll do what it says it'll do (except for EDGE, god help them).

With no 3rd party apps, you'll have stability. Apple is giving free "workshops" for the really dumb to learn everything. It's a device for the masses without needing to think too much (and honestly, I mean that in a sincere sense, not mocking). It's limited now, but no one can deny that with siginificant upgrades (at least an RSS reader) and 3g it could be the new standard.

How about all those Apple employees who just a free 8gb one? Yikes.

surur

Aug 6, 2005
Visit site
I mean, all kidding aside, the iPhone will be a sleek device and it'll do a lot of neat things and it'll do them well. As much as a WM device? No, but it'll do what it says it'll do (except for EDGE, god help them).

With no 3rd party apps, you'll have stability. Apple is giving free "workshops" for the really dumb to learn everything. It's a device for the masses without needing to think too much (and honestly, I mean that in a sincere sense, not mocking). It's limited now, but no one can deny that with siginificant upgrades (at least an RSS reader) and 3g it could be the new standard.

How about all those Apple employees who just a free 8gb one? Yikes.

I think people underestimate the general public (especially the ones willing to poay $600 for a phone).

These guys are going to want to MMS, and they will want to bluetooth each other ring tones. It will be sad really.

Surur

Malatesta

Jan 19, 2006
Visit site
I think people underestimate the general public (especially the ones willing to poay $600 for a phone).

These guys are going to want to MMS, and they will want to bluetooth each other ring tones. It will be sad really.

Surur
In a sense, I agree.

I have certainly expressed my dismay at absent functions like MMS, IM, RSS, a2dp, etc.

The RSS thing really baffles me: I understand they don't want 3g b/c of battery consumption. True, battery life trumps interent speed in customer complaints about devices. I disagree agree with dumping 3g, but whatever, that's their approach.

And they want full Safari for their mentioned reasons. Fine, I can see wanting that too and I bet it's great over Wifi.

But why not then included RSS or an "Edge friendly" browser? RSS is great for poor connections.

OTOH, all the issues except 3g/GPS I'm sure will be addressed later on. Apple certainly has huge plans for this and they will roll out "unique" feature after feature.

I guess I don't blame them for getting, say 40% (random number) of the device's full functionality out of the door. It gives them wiggle room to know what works, what doesn't and what people want.

volwrath

Oct 11, 2006
Visit site
RSS is not exactly a consumer feature. I suggest they sort out the video recording first.

Surur

I use mobile Bloglines for RSS, and find it an ideal solution, so I assume the iphone can do that.

I dont know whether Id rather pay $600 for a iphone or $24.95 for a text adventure... :rolleyes:

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods