The thing that bugged me the most about the 20 Minute iPhone video at apple.com?

It is not fact that Apple sold Palm's simplicity rule and made a great phone that will appeal to the zillions of non-smartphone users.

It is not the fact that the phone will give a leg up on Microsoft because the iPhone will most likely sell more than all Windose smartphones combines (if they lose the exclusive AT&T deal)

The thing that irks me the most is that Palm has never made a 2 minute video about any of their devices.

The Apple video does a great job as a marketing/instructional video for new or potential customers.
    06-26-2007 08:06 AM
    All I could think of was, "Where did they get the guy with such huge hands?"
    06-26-2007 08:15 AM
    I thought the guy was a bit annoying. he had that "I'm so nerdy but cool look I HAVE an iPhone" smugness on his face. The video was good ito what it showed though...and plenty other companies will no doubt adopt this take for future products so that can't be all bad can it!?! Wish they had one before I got a Rio Nitro back in the day! Then again if they sell sh*t maybe not!
    06-26-2007 08:35 AM
    First, I think Apple made a good move with the video.

The guy was about exciting as a mortician, but that's the point - they want to have people focus on the phone.

If some hot chick did it, people would focus on that instead.
    06-26-2007 09:04 AM
    First, I think Apple made a good move with the video.

The guy was about exciting as a mortician, but that's the point - they want to have people focus on the phone.

If some hot chick did it, people would focus on that instead.
    :thumbsup: (for the alternative video).
    06-26-2007 09:08 AM
    They should have used the actors from their current ad campaign.
    06-26-2007 09:18 AM
    They should have used the actors from their current ad campaign.
    But then everyone would've been looking/listening for the obligatory Windows bashing rather than the iPhone features ...
    06-26-2007 09:28 AM
    I can just hear PC Guy now..."Ohhh, ohhh, you can even watch videos instead of recalculating a 1500 cell spreadsheet...how productive..."
    06-26-2007 09:40 AM
    All I could think of was, "Where did they get the guy with such huge hands?"
    More big hands:

06-26-2007 09:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD