Anything Good To Say About Iphone? Do Not Post It Here!

bruckwine

Nov 25, 2006
Visit site
this is the "other devices" forum. i gave up on Treos a while ago.

you can't speak for surur but you can for me?

oh my.

:D I'm NOT speaking FOR you I'm speaking OF you..when i first came here every good post about the treo 680 you were there "bashing" it and Palm in general. it is the same claim being levelled about surur who i find DOES bash the Palm OS in general! My point is I never hadd a problem as that was your opinion..same with surur. if I disagree I voice mine...but i don't tell ppl "run away it's a FORUM not a fanclub" ;)

Certs

Mar 13, 2005
www.myspace.com
Sorry. I didn't notice until just now that you were from NYC. I'll lay off.

LOL thanks..I wasn't looking for an argument at all, perhaps an intelligent debate about Surur and his effect on this forum?

I truly believe that any innocent, non partial web surfer looking to talk about the iPhone knows what to expect at a place called TREOcentral. And it is pretty easy to see that most of these arguments are about nothing, literally.

Arguing over 10MB safari limits when we have NO CLUE as to whether that is HTML size, java size, etc. Another thread was started about 3rd party apps a few days ago. There was a little nonsense bickering back-and-forth, then I asked a REAL, SPECIFIC question:

"Can the web 2.0 apps be downloaded to the device, and ran through safari without the need for a data connection?"

I think this is a very very important question, for a hundred reasons. No one could answer it. Again, makes me wonder what the whole point is, if no one really knows anything about the phone.

littlewaywelt

Aug 18, 2005
Visit site
I must to some extent agree with the poster. Surur, while in general an excellent resource and source of commentary on this website, has tended to really go over the edge. Ppl here are speculating on an anticipated product and he seems to only comment negatively. I think everyone on this forum knows his thoughts on the subject, and perhaps he ought to just let it lie.

...that said, it's an internet forum and the poster ought to lighten up, too.
If he wants to learn more about the iPhone, both positive and negative and read enlightened criticism that's not over the top he ought to visit the iPhone forum at www.ilounge.com The commentary at that forum about the iPhone is much more insightful than what's available here. The iPhone lounge's editors are certainly testing the phone now. They get advanced copies of all things Apple.

Jeff DLB

Nov 30, 2004
Visit site
Slashdot-style moderation

It would be interesting if it were possible to rate people's posts like on /. (http://www.slashdot.org/). Readers there can boost a post's score for being interesting, insightful or funny, or reduce it for being redundant or a troll. You can set your threshold for how highly rated posts must be in order to be shown to you automatically. Many users actually make an effort to boost their overall score by writing good stuff.

bruckwine

Nov 25, 2006
Visit site
LOL thanks..I wasn't looking for an argument at all, perhaps an intelligent debate about Surur and his effect on this forum?

I truly believe that any innocent, non partial web surfer looking to talk about the iPhone knows what to expect at a place called TREOcentral. And it is pretty easy to see that most of these arguments are about nothing, literally.

Arguing over 10MB safari limits when we have NO CLUE as to whether that is HTML size, java size, etc. Another thread was started about 3rd party apps a few days ago. There was a little nonsense bickering back-and-forth, then I asked a REAL, SPECIFIC question:

"Can the web 2.0 apps be downloaded to the device, and ran through safari without the need for a data connection?"

I think this is a very very important question, for a hundred reasons. No one could answer it. Again, makes me wonder what the whole point is, if no one really knows anything about the phone.

I can answer! I can answer! No, unfortunately..no internet no 3rd party app.

syphex#IM

Jun 11, 2007
www.myspace.com
Here is a forum which doesn't have the negative flame wars this one does:

http://www.everythingiphone.com/forum/iphone/ (about 2k threads)

If the negative people continue to dominate the entire discussion this new forum will never take off. Personal opinion is fine, but its obvious some people just love to flame for the sake of flame.

I think for the most part especially in this forum that surur only started bashing when ever archie spat out his purely false information. I find him personally to be funny but still I haven't really seen him say anything really flamming that didn't need to be said. Archie is the biggest fanboy I have ever seen. It?s one thing to have intelligent conversation about something likes and dislikes but it?s another thing to put up information that is just blatantly wrong.

beachtrader

May 16, 2006
Visit site
I think for the most part especially in this forum that surur only started bashing when ever archie spat out his purely false information. I find him personally to be funny but still I haven't really seen him say anything really flamming that didn't need to be said. Archie is the biggest fanboy I have ever seen. It?s one thing to have intelligent conversation about something likes and dislikes but it?s another thing to put up information that is just blatantly wrong.

Maybe. But, my point is that someone interested in the iPhone is not going to come to a place and participate in a discussion in which all the threads are predominately "I'm not buying one, the Treo is better, Is this an unfinished phone, etc." The other forum is not a love fest, and they do point out items/features they wish it had, but there is no overriding negativity attacking any positive comment.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jobaeit