iPhone speakerphone - anybody heard?

bruckwine

Nov 25, 2006
Visit site
I've been trying to figure this out since yesterday..wil the iPhone have speakerphone functions? In the pics I don't see a grill for it (one of the major failings of the iPod and other PMPs to this day imo). can anyone confirm whether it has or doesn't?

braj

Jun 5, 2007
Visit site
I the keynote Jobs used the spreakerphone. I personally think it would work better that way. I don't like holding my Treo to my ear either. 2-in1 headphones seem like the best for all these devices, and you are ready to listen to music as well.

bruckwine

Nov 25, 2006
Visit site
ok...well that's one issue covered! Now I wonder what the battery life is using them..can't wait for some reviews. ..and then gen 3! lol

marcol

Aug 31, 2005
Visit site
I've been trying to figure this out since yesterday..wil the iPhone have speakerphone functions? In the pics I don't see a grill for it (one of the major failings of the iPod and other PMPs to this day imo). can anyone confirm whether it has or doesn't?
It's on the bottom of the device. There's a grill either side of the connector port. One is the mic the other the speaker. Good place to put it in my view. One of the (many) things I value in my E61 over the Treo 650 I had previously is that the speaker isn't on the back so it doesn't muffle when you put it down.

bruckwine

Nov 25, 2006
Visit site
Yea I'm downloading that but had to cut it off yesterday. I just didn't hear anybody talking about it and wondered if it was that much an iPod! I really hope the next gen of iPods at least have speakers..sure it'll drain battery but give us the choice! I find iPod earphones tire me out (i dunno about other ppl but an hour with plugs in my ears gets tired fast).

braj

Jun 5, 2007
Visit site
Yea I'm downloading that but had to cut it off yesterday. I just didn't hear anybody talking about it and wondered if it was that much an iPod! I really hope the next gen of iPods at least have speakers..sure it'll drain battery but give us the choice! I find iPod earphones tire me out (i dunno about other ppl but an hour with plugs in my ears gets tired fast).

I definitely like to have a speaker, my Treo's is just mono but still it is nice to hear a tune while in the garden. The iPhone will at least be able to do as much I have to imagine. But you know there will be some 3rd party iSpeakers (there must already be) that you can wear or something.

bruckwine

Nov 25, 2006
Visit site
Def think the iPod is due a hardware upgrade and that's one iPhone feature that I hope moves over in the macworld...I guess I just hate earphones!

braj

Jun 5, 2007
Visit site
Def think the iPod is due a hardware upgrade and that's one iPhone feature that I hope moves over in the macworld...I guess I just hate earphones!

Yeah, I'm personally hoping the iPod benefits a lot from the iPhone, let me have my Treo for email, chat, news and telephone plus all the 3rd party apps and give me an iPod with a large screen and lots of storage space (160GB?). My TX is going to be getting an overhaul soon when I get a 8GB card for my Treo (mostly for music) , then I'll throw a ton of TV and movies on 4GB cards and use it as my mobile video player.

MacUser

Aug 23, 2004
Visit site
I definitely like to have a speaker, my Treo's is just mono but still it is nice to hear a tune while in the garden. The iPhone will at least be able to do as much I have to imagine. But you know there will be some 3rd party iSpeakers (there must already be) that you can wear or something.
Since one of the main three components of the iPhone is the "iPod", I'm as sure as one can be that the audio quality should be pretty good. I find it hard to believe Steve would let them roll out with tinny speakers.

Also, I'm sure the next iPod will be AWESOME...

Kupe#WP

Jul 28, 2000
Visit site
Since one of the main three components of the iPhone is the "iPod", I'm as sure as one can be that the audio quality should be pretty good. I find it hard to believe Steve would let them roll out with tinny speakers.
But sadly he did since the iPhone has only one speaker.

conekkted

Jan 26, 2007
Visit site
The speaker is plenty loud and the fact that it is on the bottom rather than the back makes it usable even in loud rooms or windy cars. I would bet my life that no one will come back here on June 30th and say that there is not enough volume on the speakerphone.

Kupe#WP

Jul 28, 2000
Visit site
I would bet my life that no one will come back here on June 30th and say that there is not enough volume on the speakerphone.
You are SO BRAVE to risk your life as an anonymous poster on an obscure nerd website! :rolleyes: Even still, once you've heard a phone with stereo speakers (e.g. i730, Moto Q), you realize how thin the single speaker phones sound.

conekkted

Jan 26, 2007
Visit site
Why does this forum attract so many punks who negatively jump on every post that is made?

I don't care about stereo speakers. The original poster asked about the speakerphone functions because he did not see a grill for it. I was answering his/her post. I wish more people would reply with the OP in mind.

bruckwine

Nov 25, 2006
Visit site
The speaker is plenty loud and the fact that it is on the bottom rather than the back makes it usable even in loud rooms or windy cars. I would bet my life that no one will come back here on June 30th and say that there is not enough volume on the speakerphone.

the position is a plus..my t680 is plenty loud (esp with volumecare) but it does reduce it a bit if I put it flat.

braj

Jun 5, 2007
Visit site
the position is a plus..my t680 is plenty loud (esp with volumecare) but it does reduce it a bit if I put it flat.

Also if you are listening to music (yeah, in Mono) it is pointing away from you. The iPhone you could put in a pocket upside-down and it would point towards you at least.

But still, I imagine most will want to hear music from a headset so stereo speakers wouldn't be used that much. At least you don't need headphones.

bruckwine

Nov 25, 2006
Visit site
It's on the bottom of the device. There's a grill either side of the connector port. One is the mic the other the speaker. Good place to put it in my view. One of the (many) things I value in my E61 over the Treo 650 I had previously is that the speaker isn't on the back so it doesn't muffle when you put it down.

gallery8_20070621.png

Ok I'm seeing it now..my only concern is how sturdy it is - I have that concern with my treo too so nowadays I rarely use it - I guess I've had speakers tearing on me b4

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2