new iPhone tour posted

marcol

Aug 31, 2005
Visit site
I agree, but I think that just means we are both more than 30 years old :)
Both of my teenage kids have used my Treo 650 for long periods (my son still has it) and really like the QWERTY, especially my daughter and she touch-types multi-tap.

archie

Oct 1, 2003
Visit site
• In addition to its dock, the iPhone comes packaged with a polishing cloth (the thing's supposedly a fingerprint magnet, no surprise) and the usual smallish power adapter.

I don't believe it will come with a dock. I may be mistaken...
I was mistaken. The shipping units do come with a dock. This actually makes sense being an introductory premium product.

mikec#IM

Dec 4, 2002
Visit site
I was mistaken. The shipping units do come with a dock. This actually makes sense being an introductory premium product.

Let's have your full quote: "I may be mistaken but this does not seem likely"

Yes, you were. Dock and magnifying glass.

Even when wrong, you spin.

So you were also wrong about the review that had been on Engadget earlier that you said was fake.

Poop those feathers...

mikec#IM

Dec 4, 2002
Visit site

archie

Oct 1, 2003
Visit site
Let's have your full quote: "I may be mistaken but this does not seem likely"

Yes, you were. Dock and magnifying glass.

Even when wrong, you spin.

So you were also wrong about the review that had been on Engadget earlier that you said was fake.

Poop those feathers...
OK! First of all. I actually said that on that one particular issue, "I may be mistaken". So I warned you that I was not certain.

Second of all, I have no idea what you are talking about in regards to me being incorrect about the magnifying glass.

Did you know I posted about this 3 or 4 times here on TreoCentral?

Here's one from a week after the iPhone introduction.
25. Big bubble editing lets you touch and hold the screen to get a zoomed in area of text for precise cursor placement with your finger.

archie

Oct 1, 2003
Visit site
Yup you can see from that photo on Engadget that the picture perfectly illustrates what I had described many times over.

surur

Aug 6, 2005
Visit site
Archie, so you knew about

- no voice dial
- no cut and paste
- no A2DP

and you still calling it a good device? Bit underpowered, isn't it. A little bit weak...

Surur

mikec#IM

Dec 4, 2002
Visit site
Archie, so you knew about

- no voice dial
- no cut and paste
- no A2DP

and you still calling it a good device? Bit underpowered, isn't it. A little bit weak...

Surur

I would be curious about Archie's thoguhts on those as well...to me, they are glaring omissions.

archie

Oct 1, 2003
Visit site
Oh, woe is me... I wish that after having picked up the iPhone in 2 days I had something more reliable. What will I ever do? If only I had listened to surur.

mikec#IM

Dec 4, 2002
Visit site
Oh, woe is me... I wish that after having picked up the iPhone in 2 days I had something more reliable. What will I ever do? If only I had listened to surur.

I actually look forward to your review on Friday night/Sat morning.

But what about those issues mentioned? Are they not important? I can see discounting cut and paste (maybe this isn't important, some smartphones lack this, etc), but A2DP and voice dial?

MacUser

Aug 23, 2004
Visit site
I actually look forward to your review on Friday night/Sat morning.

But what about those issues mentioned? Are they not important? I can see discounting cut and paste (maybe this isn't important, some smartphones lack this, etc), but A2DP and voice dial?
Can A2DP be patched? Firmware updated?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR