new iPhone tour posted

surur

Aug 6, 2005
Visit site
But I've seen complainers here and elsewhere questioning text messaging, so I guess I mistakenly equated the two...man, I'm losing it...:(

They were complaining about IM. The IPhone has no IM client, like AIM or MSN Messenger etc.

Surur

braj

Jun 5, 2007
Visit site
Yes, I am talking about web content. And don't use that lame excuse of needing to have access to service because that doesn't hold, as you well know.

The web pages that have been shown were mock ups only and were to let people like you pretend they had an iphone on their desktop. You think those were real? They also go through some anonymous guy's server and he freely admits he has access to your data but promises not to peek.

Dim-Ize

Jul 7, 2005
Visit site
Cool stuff. Impressive interface. Apple sure knows how to make it purty.

But, I'm waiting for the second version of iPhone.

Put in EAS and HSPDA and maybe even GPS - it will dominate. GPS might not make it into revision #2, but the other two are likely candidates. Let the hackers have some time with it some 3rd party stuff can show up ...

For now, I'm sticking with the 755 and its limitations to have EAS and single handed use.

archie

Oct 1, 2003
Visit site
Cool stuff. Impressive interface. Apple sure knows how to make it purty.

But, I'm waiting for the second version of iPhone.

Put in EAS and HSPDA and maybe even GPS - it will dominate. GPS might not make it into revision #2, but the other two are likely candidates.
Every phone being manufactured now has either GPS or other location aware services. This includes the iPhone. It is already there.

conekkted

Jan 26, 2007
Visit site
I have never owned a Mac and I will NOT be replacing my 750 with an iPhone. But for the features that the iPhone DOES have, it beats the crap out of everything else. This interface is soooooo how other manufacturers should do things. They are going to sell a zillion of these things. And it can only get better with v2 and so on. Just the fact that they did this 20 minute demo puts them way ahead of 95% of everything else out there as far as marketing and customer support. Why can't everyone market/support like this. I am thoroughly impressed. When this thing gets 3G it will smoke. If they add a mini-sd card or the like, I will get one. The only down side will be ATTs inherent inability to support it like it should. But it is a way better choice than Verizon or the others. The UMTS/HSDPA is rolling out fast. Once done it will have a huge advantage over any other 3G network.

For those of you who are non-believers Apple says "cha-ching". I bet these things will be selling for $1000+ on ebay come June 30. Pretty exciting, and I am not even getting one. My 750 still ROCKS!

braj

Jun 5, 2007
Visit site
Every phone being manufactured now has either GPS or other location aware services. This includes the iPhone. It is already there.

My understanding is this is for 911 emergency only and not accessible otherwise. I doubt if it was accessible Apple would have ignored it.

Malatesta

Jan 19, 2006
Visit site
My understanding is this is for 911 emergency only and not accessible otherwise. I doubt if it was accessible Apple would have ignored it.
That's correct.

In fact, one purported "hands on experience" with the iPhone (something with Archie cannot claim, or has not) and the 1-of-100 hand-selected users by Jobs himself states:
I asked about GPS and Pat said that there wasn't GPS on the phone at this point.
(source)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal