Yup you can see from that photo on Engadget that the picture perfectly illustrates what I had described many times over.
    06-27-2007 02:39 PM
    Archie, so you knew about

- no voice dial
    - no cut and paste
    - no A2DP

and you still calling it a good device? Bit underpowered, isn't it. A little bit weak...

Surur
    06-27-2007 02:40 PM
    Archie, so you knew about

- no voice dial
    - no cut and paste
    - no A2DP

and you still calling it a good device? Bit underpowered, isn't it. A little bit weak...

Surur
    I would be curious about Archie's thoguhts on those as well...to me, they are glaring omissions.
    06-27-2007 02:46 PM
    Oh, woe is me... I wish that after having picked up the iPhone in 2 days I had something more reliable. What will I ever do? If only I had listened to surur.
    06-27-2007 02:48 PM
    Oh, woe is me... I wish that after having picked up the iPhone in 2 days I had something more reliable. What will I ever do? If only I had listened to surur.
    I actually look forward to your review on Friday night/Sat morning.

But what about those issues mentioned? Are they not important? I can see discounting cut and paste (maybe this isn't important, some smartphones lack this, etc), but A2DP and voice dial?
    06-27-2007 02:50 PM
    I hope you wont have to cut and paste your response

Surur
    06-27-2007 02:52 PM
    I actually look forward to your review on Friday night/Sat morning.

But what about those issues mentioned? Are they not important? I can see discounting cut and paste (maybe this isn't important, some smartphones lack this, etc), but A2DP and voice dial?
    Can A2DP be patched? Firmware updated?
    06-27-2007 09:00 PM
    Can A2DP be patched? Firmware updated?
    It can, it is not hardware limited.
    06-27-2007 09:04 PM
    It can, it is not hardware limited.
    Assuming you can find a compatible patch/driver upgrade.
    06-27-2007 09:08 PM
    Assuming you can find a compatible patch/driver upgrade.
    The man said yes.
    Let's stay positive.
    06-27-2007 09:13 PM
    The man said yes.
    Let's stay positive.
    lol, if Apple wants it on there, it can be done. That's all there is to it.

Apple seems to not like A2DP because it's not as good as wired headsets, which is a big "duh", but it's very convienent. I suppose when they develop and are satsified with their own stack and headset, it'll be released. If they don't like it, it won't happen.

In fact, all the features that are currently lacking can be fixed via software except for GPS and 3G, obviously.
    06-27-2007 09:24 PM
    lol, if Apple wants it on there, it can be done. That's all there is to it.
    Agreed - looks like they don't want it.
    06-27-2007 09:25 PM
    In fact, all the features that are currently lacking can be fixed via software except for GPS and 3G, obviously.
    Well, GPS *can* sort of be "fixed" via software. All they really need to do is update the phone with a version of Google Maps (or offer some other 3rd party app) that works with a Bluetooth GPS unit. Considering how cheap Bluetooth GPS devices cost these days, it would really surprise me if Apple/Google didn't offer something like this in the near future.
    06-27-2007 09:30 PM
    Agreed - looks like they don't want it.
    It will probably be enabled in a future update. Apple announced the feature in January.
    06-28-2007 10:52 AM
164 ... 567
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD