TL, DNR
    j/k

Surur
    some things never change
    06-23-2007 03:35 AM
    Archie is trying to imply it has GPS though... nice try Archie...

Surur
    ???
    It has been clearly stated multiple times that it does not have GPS. Everybody knows this, especially here at TreoCentral.
    06-23-2007 04:16 AM
    Archie, have you actually typed on an iPhone?
    what do you think
    06-23-2007 04:16 AM
    what do you think
    That you are 12 years old.
    06-23-2007 04:18 AM
    Every phone being manufactured now has either GPS or other location aware services. This includes the iPhone. It is already there.
    ???
    It has been clearly stated multiple times that it does not have GPS. Everybody knows this, especially here at TreoCentral.
    Yes, yes we do. Not from listening to you though.

Surur
    06-23-2007 04:22 AM
    So now we are looking at two improvements made to the iPhone over every other smartphone available simply by moving the keyboard's "up-to-now standard" position.

1. Improved one-handed use
    2. Improved keyboard ergonomics/ease of use
    By your own description you have just declared the Moto Q's keypad the best keyboard ever. Its keyboard is not at the bottom, thumb doesn't cover 5 keys, small "nipples" on D(5) and J key (for tactile, non-visual orientation), tactile feedback, aural feedback (if desired), visual feedback (if needed). I personally feel the Moto Q is far from the best keyboard around, but using your criteria I guess it is. That you somehow think the iPhone's "keyboard" is just proof you haven't used the Q's.

I would call your propaganda "spin," but spin is usually at the very least clever and more often an effective tool. Your rather lengthy, faith-based post on how a non-tactile, eyes-on-required, visual-only "keyboard" is somehow better than the real deal is simply bizarre.
    06-23-2007 04:45 AM
    Thanks for the link! Good demo.

Looks like indeed no built-in IM though, or they would have mentioned that, I'd think.
    06-23-2007 07:46 AM
    what do you think
    How about a real answer, please? Because people are interested in how the keyboard is going to be. If you've tested one, we want feedback!
    06-23-2007 07:51 AM
    How about a real answer, please? Because people are interested in how the keyboard is going to be. If you've tested one, we want feedback!
    Now you have your answer - he's never touched nor seen one.
    06-23-2007 08:45 AM
    Now you have your answer - he's never touched nor seen one.
    But he does... BELIEVE!!!

Surur
    06-23-2007 09:06 AM
    Archie, have you actually typed on an iPhone?
    lets say that he hasn't. does that go to dismiss his post above? i think it's a well written message that offers some good intuition and information. i enjoyed reading it and it made sense to me.

what's wrong with that?

maybe you're saying that nothing is wrong and you were simply hoping that he had so to learn even more about the iPhone, right? :shake:
    06-23-2007 09:16 AM
    I would call your propaganda "spin," but spin is usually at the very least clever and more often an effective tool. Your rather lengthy, faith-based post on how a non-tactile, eyes-on-required, visual-only "keyboard" is somehow better than the real deal is simply bizarre.
    jimminy christopher..."propaganda, spin?"" PLEASE!!! he wrote a facking message about a facking keyboard.....and his impressions/beliefs/thoughts about it made perfect sense....did he say that the keyboard was better than a tactile one? no, he said that they were improvements over those on other smartphones.

:shake: :hmm:
    06-23-2007 09:24 AM
    Crow is a tasty treat for those with the bitterest of dispositions! I would sururly recommend it.

What say we start a fundraisig drive for Surur and Archie then...

4 and 20 blackbirds, baked in a pie...
    06-23-2007 09:58 AM
    Braj - Hahahahhahaha

Archie,

Nice try, but no banana.

Tactile feedback is important...it actually requires one sense. Visual requires two senses - tough and sight.

Most prefer tactile response.

But this begs the question - where is voice dialing? That is much more elegant than typing names and numbers...

So you are saying not only will typing be better (more accurate) and faster, but one handed operation will be better as well?

With actually using the device, that is a very bold claim.
    06-23-2007 10:11 AM
    I don't think I am in line for any crow eating (unless the iphone is really made of zirconium of course ) Then I would definitely need to get my crow grilling kit ) Tasty

Surur
    06-23-2007 10:17 AM
    So you are saying not only will typing be better (more accurate) and faster, but one handed operation will be better as well?
    What about Text Prediction?

That greatly helps me type fast--in fact I have it "suggest 6 words" after 2 typed letters and for those longer words, it certainly helps (plus in spelling). Is that available on the iPhone?

I assume it has spell check?
    06-23-2007 11:57 AM
    That latest demo claims the predictive text (and of course, "trusting" the iPhone) is what makes it the fastest keyboard on a phone device. I guess time will tell.
    06-23-2007 12:09 PM
    did he say that the keyboard was better than a tactile one? no, he said that they were improvements over those on other smartphones.
    So now we are looking at two improvements made to the iPhone over every other smartphone available simply by moving the keyboard's "up-to-now standard" position.
    With this simple proclamation, Archie shows that he can't get the factual story right leaving the rest of his fictional prose wanting. Sure, he's allowed to fantasize, but he shouldn't expect to claim fantasy as fact without getting called on it.
    06-23-2007 12:20 PM
    Wow, I just saw that presentation demo and iPhone really looks great. Its a real upgrade for my iPod.

I just don't like AT&T.
    06-23-2007 12:33 PM
    Wow, I just saw that presentation demo and iPhone really looks great. Its a real upgrade for my iPod.

I just don't like AT&T.
    You should live where AT&T is your BEST choice. That hurts to even write...
    06-23-2007 12:36 PM
    With this simple proclamation, Archie shows that he can't get the factual story right leaving the rest of his fictional prose wanting. Sure, he's allowed to fantasize, but he shouldn't expect to claim fantasy as fact without getting called on it.
    He's just repeating what Jobs said. Remember the "little plastic keyboards"

Its not his fault he swallows everything which Jobs spews out.

Surur
    06-23-2007 12:37 PM
    the problem I have with commenting on the iPhone keyboard is that the Treo keyboard doesn't LOOK easy too use either, but once you try it it works quite well. I mean look at how your finger hits 2-3 buttons simultaneously, the keys on a treo are so small that on looking at it it can't possibly be useful for typing, but because of the predictive software trick it works well. So IMO, I'll judge the iPhone keyboard after I actually get to try it
    06-23-2007 01:13 PM

I just don't like AT&T.

pretty much how i feel....was fun to watch, i'm back to wanting to try one out.

i just don't like Sprint.
    06-23-2007 01:19 PM
    I don't think I am in line for any crow eating (unless the iphone is really made of zirconium of course ) Then I would definitely need to get my crow grilling kit ) Tasty
    Well, you did say:

The IPhone will sell less than 3 million over the last 6 months of 2007, and much less than 4 million in 2008, due to strong competition from other phone OEM's and satisfied demand from early adopters.
    What would the numbers need to be before you were picking feathers from your teeth?
    06-23-2007 01:28 PM
    Well, you did say:

What would the numbers need to be before you were picking feathers from your teeth?
    Good point

Surur
    06-23-2007 01:34 PM
164 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD