Online retailer promises unlocked iPhones

oalvarez

Apr 25, 2004
Visit site
$399 just about equals $400.....isn't that the same price of the 4gb iPhone? can't argue the data costs....future discounted price? you're going to guarantee that the mogul will be $350 or $299 at a much later date? that's a $51 Spread!!! c'mon! even my little boy could predict that! :)

the problem with what you state is that Sprint coverage/service stinks for so many of us. in fact, it isn't even an option for some. i feel compelled to use another one of these :) just so you understand my friendly and good natured tone.

regards

Scott R

Oct 29, 2001
tapland.com
I wouldn't doubt that the Apple stores will sell it HIGHER than the AT&T stores. You would then get a rebate to bring the price back to 499/599 once you activated it and signed a 2 year deal with AT&T.
I think it's been pretty clearly communicated that the iPhone is not being subsidized and will be priced the same no matter where you buy it. Whether or not activation will be required at point of sale (or at all) is still unknown.

braj

Jun 5, 2007
Visit site
$399 just about equals $400.....isn't that the same price of the 4gb iPhone? can't argue the data costs....future discounted price? you're going to guarantee that the mogul will be $350 or $299 at a much later date? that's a $51 Spread!!! c'mon! even my little boy could predict that! :)

the problem with what you state is that Sprint coverage/service stinks for so many of us. in fact, it isn't even an option for some. i feel compelled to use another one of these :) just so you understand my friendly and good natured tone.

regards

4GB iPhone is $500 with service. Unless there has been a price drop already.

conekkted

Jan 26, 2007
Visit site
Those of you that buy unlocked iPhones(if that is even true) will be sorely disappointed at what you will get for that kind of dough. It will severely hamper many of the best features of the phone. I can't elaborate now, but I will after the 6/29 launch. The fact that activations are happening through iTunes should be a big clue that unlocked=no joy. So don't let these guys or anyone else rip you off.

oalvarez

Apr 25, 2004
Visit site
oops! sorry...there is only a $100 difference that you could have noticed...

treos are funny for what they cost....treos are funny

braj

Jun 5, 2007
Visit site

They're talking about an HTC Mogul, not a Treo. My Treo w/ 4GB card was $250 less than an iPhone 4GB. I won't pretend they are equal in value, but the costs aren't that close.

oalvarez

Apr 25, 2004
Visit site
"i won't pretend they are equal in value"

man did you hit that on the head of the nail

i know what device they are speaking of. i thought it would be a good idea to throw in a Treo for good measure.

braj

Jun 5, 2007
Visit site
"i won't pretend they are equal in value"

man did you hit that on the head of the nail

i know what device they are speaking of. i thought it would be a good idea to throw in a Treo for good measure.

Something for more than twice the price better be of a higher value.

Any your witty little joke made you look like a fool. Maybe humor just isn't your thing?

Malatesta

Jan 19, 2006
Visit site

I dunno, the 755p is $279 with contract, 700wx is $299. Doesn't seem like a bad deal. As I've said the quality of the hardware on Treos are better than HTC devices and worth the extra cost, just like a $600 iPhone is worth it for you. You brought up the Mogul and Treo in comparison for the iPhone, not us.

I'm not sure what you arguing here? Are you deciding for us what is of value?

oalvarez

Apr 25, 2004
Visit site
exactly, not arguing anything. you could give me a Treo for free and i still wouldn't want one. i never said the iPhone is worth $600. it is what it is and next week we'll know that much more. it will not replace my Pearl, that much i'm certain of.

MacUser

Aug 23, 2004
Visit site
Interesting concept...the worth of anything. Of course it's relative, and it ties into supply and demand, along with residual values. Will there be a large demand for iPhones? Initally, I would think most would agree that there would be. After launch and word of mouth gets out, it will either continue to be high, be strong enough to continue sales, or be an iFlop. I think many will have to consider the cost of having one device, or two for the ultra-business user, and what they get in the iPhone.

I'm just hoping it functions close to as well as the videos show. Who knows? Maybe I'll continue on with my banged up T650.

braj

Jun 5, 2007
Visit site
That you can't admit that 3G would be great and it is terrible that this $600 device can't do it when a $50 Blackjack can is proof that you lack any objectivity.

mikec#IM

Dec 4, 2002
Visit site
yep

EDGE is too slow for any smartphone. Period.

Maybe okay for you Moto phone looking at WAP sites.

The fact that this is a NEW phone that costs $600 and does not have 3G is lame.

It wouldn't be "great" if the iPhone has 3G - it would be parity.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2