oops! sorry...there is only a $100 difference that you could have noticed...

treos are funny for what they cost....treos are funny
    06-23-2007 12:53 AM

They're talking about an HTC Mogul, not a Treo. My Treo w/ 4GB card was $250 less than an iPhone 4GB. I won't pretend they are equal in value, but the costs aren't that close.
    06-23-2007 01:09 AM
    "i won't pretend they are equal in value"

man did you hit that on the head of the nail

i know what device they are speaking of. i thought it would be a good idea to throw in a Treo for good measure.
    06-23-2007 09:46 AM
    "i won't pretend they are equal in value"

man did you hit that on the head of the nail

i know what device they are speaking of. i thought it would be a good idea to throw in a Treo for good measure.
    Something for more than twice the price better be of a higher value.

Any your witty little joke made you look like a fool. Maybe humor just isn't your thing?
    06-23-2007 02:27 PM
    I would say snide rather than witty.

Surur
    06-23-2007 02:32 PM
    Something for more than twice the price better be of a higher value.

higher value or higher quality?

what you find to be of value may not be to someone else.

you're pretty funny too.
    06-23-2007 02:36 PM
    I would say snide that than witty.

Surur
    I was being charitable.
    06-23-2007 02:36 PM

I dunno, the 755p is $279 with contract, 700wx is $299. Doesn't seem like a bad deal. As I've said the quality of the hardware on Treos are better than HTC devices and worth the extra cost, just like a $600 iPhone is worth it for you. You brought up the Mogul and Treo in comparison for the iPhone, not us.

I'm not sure what you arguing here? Are you deciding for us what is of value?
    06-23-2007 03:37 PM
    exactly, not arguing anything. you could give me a Treo for free and i still wouldn't want one. i never said the iPhone is worth $600. it is what it is and next week we'll know that much more. it will not replace my Pearl, that much i'm certain of.
    06-23-2007 04:03 PM
    Interesting concept...the worth of anything. Of course it's relative, and it ties into supply and demand, along with residual values. Will there be a large demand for iPhones? Initally, I would think most would agree that there would be. After launch and word of mouth gets out, it will either continue to be high, be strong enough to continue sales, or be an iFlop. I think many will have to consider the cost of having one device, or two for the ultra-business user, and what they get in the iPhone.

I'm just hoping it functions close to as well as the videos show. Who knows? Maybe I'll continue on with my banged up T650.
    06-23-2007 09:53 PM
    Well from what I am reading you need AT&T or something to even get the wifi activated. So unlocking I doubt it?
    06-24-2007 04:31 PM
    Apple should really consider upgrading the iPhone to 3G, the EDGE service is just way to slow...
    the EDGE service is just way to slow for ?
    06-24-2007 05:03 PM
    the EDGE service is just way to slow for ?
    Websurfing at desktop-class speeds. Like on the real internet.
    06-24-2007 05:18 PM
    That you can't admit that 3G would be great and it is terrible that this $600 device can't do it when a $50 Blackjack can is proof that you lack any objectivity.
    06-24-2007 05:20 PM
    EDGE is too slow for any smartphone. Period.

Maybe okay for you Moto phone looking at WAP sites.

The fact that this is a NEW phone that costs $600 and does not have 3G is lame.

It wouldn't be "great" if the iPhone has 3G - it would be parity.
    06-24-2007 05:50 PM
    I really mean a great feature to have. You know if it did the fanboys would be playing it up instead of playing it down.
    06-24-2007 06:14 PM
    so its too slow for "Websurfing at desktop-class speeds. Like on the real internet" you say.

again, if that is what you use for your pda's for, i could see why.
    06-24-2007 07:27 PM
    so its too slow for "Websurfing at desktop-class speeds. Like on the real internet" you say.

again, if that is what you use for your pda's for, i could see why.
    That's what the device is marketed as. It's just a shame that as nice as Safari looks to be that in real life, away from a wifi network, you will be very limited in speed. Moreso than Opera or Blazer for example because Opera uses a proxy service to optimize the content and Blazer will look for a mobile page if available.

The bottom line is that 3G is the future (which is here now) and EDGE will disappoint. And more so than most other cell phones.
    06-24-2007 08:47 PM
    The bottom line is that 3G is the future (which is here now) and EDGE will disappoint. And more so than most other cell phones.
    3G has been around for 3-4 years now. Edge is so...2003.
    06-24-2007 08:56 PM
    I also can't believe that this thing is launching without 3G. What a colossal mistake. Some of the coolest things in the Apple demo will be a flop without 3G. Safari may be a great browser, but everyone will think it stinks simply because of its pitiful speed. And forget streaming video...that's a joke. And the download time on an HTML email with 2 MB of imbedded pictures will have people cursing at Steve Jobs. Same with the Calamari restaurant finder.

But here is the beauty of Apple's marketing. The devices will already be sold and past their 30 day trade in before the typical ipod crowd can figure this out. They will all say how they love the phone and that it would be perfect if it just had 3G. Then Christmas will roll around, when everyone isn't so uptight about loosening up the purse strings, and Apple will announce the new 3G versions of the iPhone. And everyone will go out and spend another $600 on the now-perfect phone.
    06-24-2007 09:32 PM
    that's my point; the lack of 3G does not diminish or reduce demand, that is unless you think 15-20mm in unit sales is a small number. many posters around here require it, consumer america doesn't necessarily need it.

yes it's nice but it isn't a requirement.

and how many Treos have 3G capability? and how long have they been being sold for?
    06-24-2007 10:18 PM
    that's my point; the lack of 3G does not diminish or reduce demand, that is unless you think 15-20mm in unit sales is a small number. many posters around here require it, consumer america doesn't necessarily need it.

yes it's nice but it isn't a requirement.

and how many Treos have 3G capability? and how long have they been being sold for?
    If a $600 WITH CONTRACT Treo was going to be released in a week I bet you you would hear far more complaints around here than what you are hearing about the iPhone.
    06-24-2007 10:25 PM
    again with the price complaint

you're right....$600 for a Treo? good stuff.
    06-24-2007 10:32 PM
    again with the price complaint

you're right....$600 for a Treo? good stuff.
    It's not a price complaint. If it has features that warrant the pricetag then the price doesn't matter. But you have to take price into consideration in evaluating any product. For $600 (for me) it better have all the bells and whistles because that is a premium price. It better have premium features. Low-end network speeds, no IM chat, these are things I'd want on a premium priced phone. If I didn't get them with a free phone for renewing my contract I'd still be a little disappointed. The Moto Razr you get for free from ATT right now has both. C'mon, get a clue. These are features it should have but doesn't, which are real drawbacks.
    06-24-2007 10:49 PM
    the iphone is not for you.
    06-24-2007 11:00 PM
127 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD