iPhone fakery - looks smaller with GIANT hands

surur

Aug 6, 2005
Visit site
iphonefakerymv6.gif

When I viewed the new iPhone site something struck me: did Apple change the dimensions of the unit?
A quick comparison of the official Apple photos revealed they've just changed handsize.
http://l-rs.org/archief/003192.html

Ah Apple, not even honest about the little (or is it big) things...

Surur

Insertion

Fear teh Munk!
Jan 10, 2005
fearthemunk.com
This has to be the all time stupidest post. Comparing photos?

You've really lost it. I understand you don't want it. We all get it. But you act like for every iPhone sold, your children will die one day sooner.

Wow, unbelievable.

Frenzytom#CB

Apr 24, 2004
Visit site
Jobs' Distortion Field even works on hand sizes. I would blame the ad agency as much as Apple for approving those images. Advertising illusion, not the first time and certainly not the last.

braj

Jun 5, 2007
Visit site
It does look quite a bit smaller in the new photo. The first actually looks pretty huge. I wonder how it looks in a women's hand? How about a chimp? Can we see it in a chimp's hand? My kid likes Happy Feet, can a penguin use multi-touch?

surur

Aug 6, 2005
Visit site
This has to be the all time stupidest post. Comparing photos?

You've really lost it. I understand you don't want it. We all get it. But you act like for every iPhone sold, your children will die one day sooner.

Wow, unbelievable.

If you dont think its deceptive, look at the apparent size decrease of the device.

6688e0cfa3.gif

BTW, I just bring the news, I dont make it.

Surur

Insertion

Fear teh Munk!
Jan 10, 2005
fearthemunk.com
If you dont think its deceptive, look at the apparent size decrease of the device.

BTW, I just bring the news, I dont make it.

Surur

No. I don't think it's deceptive. It's nearly the same size as an iPod w/Video, the only diff being a bit under .4 inch taller. Doesn't matter how big or small the hand is. Some may have been dumbfounded by this, but I wasn't.

Hopefully Yao Ming doesn't become a spokesman, or people will be fooled into thinking it's the size of a Shuffle. (but guess what, it won't really be...)

surur

Aug 6, 2005
Visit site
No. I don't think it's deceptive. It's nearly the same size as an iPod w/Video, the only diff being a bit under .4 inch taller. Doesn't matter how big or small the hand is. Some may have been dumbfounded by this, but I wasn't.

Hopefully Yao Ming doesn't become a spokesman, or people will be fooled into thinking it's the size of a Shuffle. (but guess what, it won't really be...)

Mr Munk, you are obviously immune to the wiles of Mr Jobs. Doesn't mean there arnt more impressionable people around.

Surur

Certs

Mar 13, 2005
www.myspace.com
Keep in mind, its still 1mm THINNER than the blackjack, which I happen to own and can say that it is very, very thin.

And the specs say it is 4.5" Compare that to the Treo, which I just measured to be 4.4"

surur

Aug 6, 2005
Visit site
Keep in mind, its still 1mm THINNER than the blackjack, which I happen to own and can say that it is very, very thin.

And the specs say it is 4.5" Compare that to the Treo, which I just measured to be 4.4"

Doesn't stop it from looking like you are holding a small book to your face. I guess thats why Apple decided to use a giant hand model?

Surur

Insertion

Fear teh Munk!
Jan 10, 2005
fearthemunk.com
Mr Munk, you are obviously immune to the wiles of Mr Jobs. Doesn't mean there arnt more impressionable people around.

Surur

I was going to disagree with you...but then I realize the number of people that watch things like American Idol and see your point. There are plenty of numbskulls running loose.

I guess we need to start putting the old "Objects Appear Closer..." disclaimer on ads now. Oh please evolution, you're not happening fast enough.

Dim-Ize

Jul 7, 2005
Visit site
LOL, Dang, Surur. You sure are bitter about the launch of this device.

Frankly, I'm not getting one. The lack of 3G and EAS are my personal reasons.

But, I welcome this product into the market - with open arms. It will help the competitiveness of the wireless providers drive down cost to keep customers from switching and force other manufacturers to develope more innovative products, while also driving down costs.

I use a 755P and can honestly say that I am very happy with the device. I would like several other features (Rev A, BT 2.0, and integrated GPS - not to mention a smaller form factor) but, I am glad other products will be available in this industry.

surur

Aug 6, 2005
Visit site
LOL, Dang, Surur. You sure are bitter about the launch of this device.

Frankly, I'm not getting one. The lack of 3G and EAS are my personal reasons.

But, I welcome this product into the market - with open arms. It will help the competitiveness of the wireless providers drive down cost to keep customers from switching and force other manufacturers to develope more innovative products, while also driving down costs.

I use a 755P and can honestly say that I am very happy with the device. I would like several other features (Rev A, BT 2.0, and integrated GPS - not to mention a smaller form factor) but, I am glad other products will be available in this industry.

Ah, but how will you feel if the IPhone crowds out your 755p (and its successors) from the market while still providing less features and functionality, all through clever marketing?

Surur

Malatesta

Jan 19, 2006
Visit site
lol, I can see where people think Surur is being ridiculous with this whole iPhone thing, but I thought it was a pretty funny post.

They obviously knew what they were doing with the "hand model" thing and it does look waaay smaller now as small as the HTC Touch in fact, whereas before it really looked huge.

We may all joke around here that this is "nothing" etc but mind you, ad people know what they are doing. They've studied psychology (coming out of the 1950's stuff) and polling data and they know what works and what sells. It is those "subtle" silly things that DO make an advertising difference. There are plenty of sites that document such little things and how they impact people's perception of the product.

braj

Jun 5, 2007
Visit site
Ah, but how will you feel if the IPhone crowds out your 755p (and its successors) from the market while still providing less features and functionality, all through clever marketing?

Surur

I really doubt this will 'own' the market, considering people need the features the iphone lacks. And not everyone is willing to spend $600 on a phone.

I personally like that other companies will be forced to innovate or die now more than ever. Palm for one had been in a rut and there's no denying fear as a motivator for people to get off their lazy arses.

In a year or 2 when I'm ready to upgrade I expect that the market will be more mature partially because of the iPhone. Thanks Apple!

surur

Aug 6, 2005
Visit site
I really doubt this will 'own' the market, considering people need the features the iphone lacks. And not everyone is willing to spend $600 on a phone.

I personally like that other companies will be forced to innovate or die now more than ever. Palm for one had been in a rut and there's no denying fear as a motivator for people to get off their lazy arses.

In a year or 2 when I'm ready to upgrade I expect that the market will be more mature partially because of the iPhone. Thanks Apple!

It wont be $600 forever. There will be an IPhone Mini and Nano etc soon after.

If anyone was to emulate Apple, they would simplify their phones by offering less options - that does not sound very desirable to me.

Surur

oalvarez

Apr 25, 2004
Visit site
one of the oldest tricks in the book.....ya, and most definitely not used by any other company in America or the world except for Apple.

you're right, pretty funny, and stupid.

Dim-Ize

Jul 7, 2005
Visit site
It wont be $600 forever. There will be an IPhone Mini and Nano etc soon after.

If anyone was to emulate Apple, they would simplify their phones by offering less options - that does not sound very desirable to me.

Surur

LOL. That's great! Indeed, that wouldn't be desireable for any of us.

P.S. I'm in sales. I'm glad you aren't my competitor.

beachtrader

May 16, 2006
Visit site

Surur

I'd call that capitalism.

---
p.s. And hire the marketing vp for my company.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods