iPhone fakery - looks smaller with GIANT hands

dstrauss#IM

Sep 20, 1999
Visit site
Just bought a Blackjack. :D
So maybe I made the right choice? We'll see. People are selling 8525s for under $400 now. I could still try one and resell it. 8525 definitely qualifies as a PDA with a phone more than the other way around, LOL! I knew that from trying the 8125.

$99 would have been great though! Of course I bet they wanted a contract extension.

It was a refurb with 2 yr contract extension (although it truly looked and operated like new stock to me). Maybe that's why I was so hard on it, because adding two years to my prison sentence demands a better user experience than I was having. :D

Be sure to learn and use the launcher app that works with the jog dial. You can also use Samsung's custom today screen to make the home page much more functional. I think it is all the value added software that Samsung included that has made smartphone (as opposed to PPC) a good experience.

Certs

Mar 13, 2005
www.myspace.com
Just bought a Blackjack. :D
So maybe I made the right choice? We'll see. People are selling 8525s for under $400 now. I could still try one and resell it. 8525 definitely qualifies as a PDA with a phone more than the other way around, LOL! I knew that from trying the 8125.

$99 would have been great though! Of course I bet they wanted a contract extension.

No go put WM6 on it... :)

I love the blackjack, its size, the fact that wm6 was leaked, the Samsung shortcuts they customized that are FAR underrated, etc. The D-pad sucks though, and the keyboard input is a bit delayed (seems to be the case with most phones now, go figure).

I still prefer the Treo, because of the more versatile OS, but Blackjack is a close 2nd and the 8525 hasn't been on my waist for a few months...

I think it is all the value added software that Samsung included that has made smartphone (as opposed to PPC) a good experience.

Couldn't say it better

dstrauss#IM

Sep 20, 1999
Visit site
Pattycerts

You hit the nail on the head. Samsung's shortcuts and added software (like launcher on the jog dial) make it a far superior version of Smartphone. I've been truly surprised the reviewers have overlooked all of that; but I have to admit that Samsung's marketing department really let the software engineers down on this one. Add teh fact that the latest version of VoiceCommand supports the phone well, it is a pretty good bet. I just couldn't go back to my Treo, or even the thicker 8525, after this.

Pearl_Diva

Mar 24, 2005
Visit site
I keep seeing mixed reactions to the leaked WM6 upgrade. I may wait for the official from Samsung(if there's one coming), so I don't brick the phone.

dstrauss#IM

Sep 20, 1999
Visit site
I keep seeing mixed reactions to the leaked WM6 upgrade. I may wait for the official from Samsung(if there's one coming), so I don't brick the phone.
I'm holding out for the "real thing" - at last I'll have someone to blame for bricking my phone other than me. :D

Have to admit, though, that Docs-to-Go has been a good (but expensive) solution for most of my needs. Not sure what WM6 is really going to bring to the party, especially if some of the rumored changes (removing DUN) are true about AT&T's cooked WM6 version.

Certs

Mar 13, 2005
www.myspace.com

True, but no one bricked their phones during the upgrade, and it is very easy to downgrade back if you have the update Samsung released with the AT&T badging (its available on their support site).

The main reason I did it was because outlook now deletes mail off of IMAP servers. WM5 did not have that option at least on the treo & blackjack's. It is a bit of a memory hog, which I thought was the price of beta, but dash users say the same with their official wm6 OS. It looks pretty too :)

Certs

Mar 13, 2005
www.myspace.com
Patty,

I don't follow...Pocket Outlook on WM5 and 6 are the same in terms of pop/imap functionality.

There is no option to "delete messages on server when I delete them" in WM5, but that is an option in WM6. That is true on the treo and blackjack at least, not sure about other devices with higher AKU's

Or I just never found it...

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal