iPhone fakery - looks smaller with GIANT hands

surur

Aug 6, 2005
Visit site
I'd call that capitalism.

---
p.s. And hire the marketing vp for my company.

Of course sad but true. Hasn't that been one of Palm's major deficiencies - a lack of (good) marketing?

One could of course also argue that if you do not make a product easy enough for the general public to use you are wasting your money trying to sell it to them - may its that combination which is Apple's real genius.

Surur

beachtrader

May 16, 2006
Visit site
One could of course also argue that if you do not make a product easy enough for the general public to use you are wasting your money trying to sell it to them - may its that combination which is Apple's real genius.

Surur

You hit the nail on the head with that one. That is now the core business of Apple--redefining technology via ease of use. That's also why the iPhone will rack up $ for them regardless of features. Think about it--how many features did the original iPod have? Not much.

llarson

Feb 9, 2004
Visit site
Okay Surur has officially JUMPED THE SHARK with this!

iphonefakerymv6.gif

http://l-rs.org/archief/003192.html

Ah Apple, not even honest about the little (or is it big) things...

Surur

Next thing he will have pictures of Jobs and aliens cutting a deal to sell us into slavery through mind control devices in the iPHONE.

"5.5"G iPod (30 or 60 Gig)
Size: 4.1 x 2.4 x 0.43 inches
Weight: 4.8 ounces

iPhone
Size: 4.5 x 2.4 x 0.46 inches
Weight: 4.8 ounces

How can Apple be fooling anyone? Here are the dimensions.

By the way HOW MANY PEOPLE SHELLED OUT $645 for a 700P from Palm when they first came out?

According to the boards a lot!

daThomas

Feb 4, 2004
AskTheCouch.com
Funny post surur. Who is holding that thing? The Hulk? Lurch? Andre the Giant?

I'm waiting for an ad that shows someone operating it with one hand.

dstrauss#IM

Sep 20, 1999
Visit site
Funny but useless thread. Why? Because surely they will hold it in their own hands before laying down $600 of their own. Hard for marlketing to overcome that experience.

braj

Jun 5, 2007
Visit site
Funny but useless thread. Why? Because surely they will hold it in their own hands before laying down $600 of their own. Hard for marlketing to overcome that experience.

I don't know, people buy things on the net before seeing them all the time.

IMO I don't think it is a huge device. If you pay any attention to the marketing you won't expect it to be that small.

oalvarez

Apr 25, 2004
Visit site
By the way HOW MANY PEOPLE SHELLED OUT $645 for a 700P from Palm when they first came out?

According to the boards a lot!

blasphemy! do you have all of the scientific data to state such a thing? "a lot" is a term which you will have to validate with the appropriate statistical studies....do you expect us to believe your claims without such evidence? ;)

i'm with you, believe me.....

treobk214

Apr 7, 2003
Visit site
Surur is going to end up in a white room one day repeating the word "iphone" to himself over and over again while drooling on himself at this pace.

My bet? Surur is the FIRST in line to buy the iphone when it`s released.

surur

Aug 6, 2005
Visit site

I anticipate quite a few standing in line already wont have a chance to hold one in their hands until they get home, and most who are buying online to avoid those queues wont have either.

Surur

Insertion

Fear teh Munk!
Jan 10, 2005
fearthemunk.com
Seriously. I have had the same debate about landscape slide-out keyboards. If you can't use a device with one hand it's pointless.

So you compose email and text messages with one hand? I suppose you could, but unless you were an amputee, it's a Helluva lot easier to use two.

Edit: I should add entering text period, is much quicker with two hands. Memos, Calendar info, Contacts, etc...

oalvarez

Apr 25, 2004
Visit site
i'm convinced that anyone who owns a slideout does not type with great frequency. they may type more lengthy messages but they definitely don't type frequently. if they do, they own a Treo or Blackberry and not a slideout. or is it that they "have to have wifi" and a big screen and don't mind the additional confusion of a slideout?

give and take...opportunity costs i suppose.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73