Well, time to eat crow (without salt no less) :o

The latest demo on Apple's website shows the iPhone can VIEW .doc, .xls, and .pdf files attached to emails. It also point out that it has threaded SMS...:bow:

Almost as if they sat back and waited for complainers (like me) and then released info on all the goodies Jobs skipped in the big premier. I always enjoy looing dumb, but of course it comes easily to me...

Wha a difference 24 hours makes...can't wait to see what else trickles out over the next week...
    You should only eat half a crow because you still can't edit them. Or can you? Hmm...
    06-22-2007 02:16 PM
    You should only eat half a crow because you still can't edit them. Or can you? Hmm...
    No, I think I owe them the whole bird, because all I asked is that they at least let us view so we can comment on attachments (#48). Anything else you guys would like me to ask for before launch...
    06-22-2007 02:24 PM
    No, I think I owe them the whole bird, because all I asked is that they at least let us view so we can comment on attachments (#48). Anything else you guys would like me to ask for before launch...
    Do you need some salt? Hot sauce perhaps?
    06-22-2007 02:29 PM
    Do you need some salt? Hot sauce perhaps?
    I meant iPhone FEATURES dufus.

But yes, I could use some help washing down the feathers...
    06-22-2007 02:47 PM
    Well, time to eat crow (without salt no less) :o

The latest demo on Apple's website shows the iPhone can VIEW .doc, .xls, and .pdf files attached to emails. It also point out that it has threaded SMS... http://www.apple.com/iphone/usingiph...our_large.html
    :bow:

Almost as if they sat back and waited for complainers (like me) and then released info on all the goodies Jobs skipped in the big premier. I always enjoy looking dumb, but of course it comes easily to me...

What a difference 24 hours makes...can't wait to see what else trickles out over the next week...:hmm:
    Now the real questions - which version of Word are supported in the viewer...

I did not see the .xls viewer being shown...
    06-22-2007 02:55 PM
    Now the real questions - which version of Word are supported in the viewer...
    I wouldn't be surprised if it was some server-side app that turns your attachment into a PDF to be viewed on the phone.
    06-22-2007 02:57 PM
    I wouldn't be surprised if it was some server-side app that turns your attachment into a PDF to be viewed on the phone.
    With a 10Mb limit perhaps??
    06-23-2007 05:17 AM
    Yikes! Using Edge? That would be painful.
    06-23-2007 08:53 AM
    All these demos have been so cool ON WIFI CONNECTIONS. I can't wait for the return lines to start up with all those folks who have choked for a week on EDGE. I can see it now..."this $%#@ thing takes 20 seconds just to LOAD the first page of the Times...you ought to see how long it takes to switch pages..."
    06-23-2007 10:02 AM
    No, actually it would be quite convenient, revolutionary in fact. When on the run, if you get an email with an attachment you simply must read, just go to your local Starbucks (in SF never more than 100 feet away), pay the fee and look at the attachment! How convenient!
    06-23-2007 02:23 PM
    holy cow that was funny!

06-23-2007 02:40 PM
    No, actually it would be quite convenient, revolutionary in fact. When on the run, if you get an email with an attachment you simply must read, just go to your local Starbucks (in SF never more than 100 feet away), pay the fee and look at the attachment! How convenient!
    Or a good reason to purchase the T-Mobile Total Internet package as a way to make the iPhone a better value. iPhone: The first multi-carrier (required) phone!! :shake:
    06-23-2007 03:47 PM
    My point is the Apple should have at least included a viewer so you you could read and comment on attachments. That would probably take care of 80%+ of the user universe.
    Well, we can mark that one as done.
    06-23-2007 09:45 PM
    [Pre-release] GoDocs v2.0.0 - The ultimate solution for google docs on the iPhone/iPad

ww w.youtube.com/watch?v=fCAyO9uodNo

P.S. sorry for this URL with a break, but we are new in this forum and can't using links now
    04-17-2010 08:14 AM
    So GoDocs will be another iPhone/iPad portal to Google Docs? (That's all I could interpret from the video.)
    04-17-2010 10:05 AM
    It will be much more than simple google docs viewer
    04-17-2010 04:23 PM
    It would be nice if the video showed that, rather than just showing Google Docs.
    04-17-2010 05:59 PM
67 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD