Updated iPhone specs

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikec#IM

Dec 4, 2002
Visit site
well

Archie and Surur are nothing alike.

Archie is an Apple fanboy / Palm/Treo basher. His past post show this clearly. (Not that there is anything wrong with that, other than him posting incorrect info and not understanding technology.) But to each their own.

Surur (it seems to me), if all about form factor and function. He does not rabidly support MS, but rather is critical of devices (any type) that are up to snuff (his opinion, which I think many hold similar view).

Surur posted he likes slide-out keyboards...I don't. Personally preference, but I don't see him or me saying HTC/MS/RIM/whoever has the ultimate solution. It's an evolving thing - competition is good.

As for the iPhone, it is slick, pretty and cool. But it is far from the BAEA that Archie makes it out to be.

If anything, the only thing Archie and Surur have in common is some bashing of Palm (the company) on how they execute.)

Pearl_Diva

Mar 24, 2005
Visit site
BB and HTC make standard USB connectors. Everyone else seems to have proprietary connectors. I have SO many chargers and cables lying around here!

I think Moto uses USB connection too. At least on some phones.

Pearl_Diva

Mar 24, 2005
Visit site
Mike, to me they sound the same(at least looking at the iPhone forum), just on opposites sides of the coin in terms of who they support.

oalvarez

Apr 25, 2004
Visit site
whoa MikeC! surur not a rabid ms supporter? or do i have him confused with Malatesta?

oh well.....i don't think they sound the same....Archie simply likes what Apple has to offer in the iPhone and has been forced to defend himself at every turn. i hardly think Archie is an MS hater and really doesn't spend all that much effort talking down Palm/Treo (i like to though). Surur doesn't seem to care much for Apple/Jobs and likes to downtalk the iPhone, likes to find fault in it (like i do a Treo) and in Archie's thoughts.

remember the movie First Blood?

oalvarez

Apr 25, 2004
Visit site
did you talk down the Treo 680? how about the Mogul that even one wants to create a new Forum for.

you talk down the iPhone "mainly because it's incredibly hyped."

that seems like a very silly reason why, but hey, a mans gotta do what a mans gotta do, right?

Pearl_Diva

Mar 24, 2005
Visit site
I think Surur means it's hyped up to be something greater than it is, so he's cutting it back down to size.

Me, I don't really care about the hype. I expect that anyway, they can't sell the phone otherwise. I just want to know if I can use it.

surur

Aug 6, 2005
Visit site
Of course the treo 680 got enough derision, mainly for being only a tiny bit thinner and having a VGA camera, but its saving grace was that its very cheap. No-one is hyping the Mungol much, except as an upgrade to a treo. It certainly does not compare to the undeserved hyping the iphone gets.

Surur

Malatesta

Jan 19, 2006
Visit site
whoa MikeC! surur not a rabid ms supporter? or do i have him confused with Malatesta?
Actually, I'm OS neutral. I have a 650/Palm OS, a couple of WM devices and I'd use Symbian or Linux if a device came around on Sprint. If the Palm Linux is any good, I'll give it a go too.

Fact is, WM is the most flexible mobile OS that is available to me (I'm not paying Sprint $40/month for a BB plan).

I'd buy an iPhone too if it met 3 relatively simple conditions:

- Sprint (AT&T is awful around here/prices are extortion)
- 3g
- GPS

If it had all of that I'd do a buy/try in a second, seeing as it is not...

Status
Not open for further replies.