Updated iPhone specs

Status
Not open for further replies.

surur

Aug 6, 2005
Visit site
Yeah, true, you got me. How about you point out one thing you really like about the iPhone (with no 'but's) and Archie says one thing he doesn't like (or says something nice about WM :D)?

I have said on a number of occasions the UI is very attractive, enough to justify buying the device even just as a phone. Need I really say more?

Surur

archie

Oct 1, 2003
Visit site
I guarantee my Palm is more efficient than the iPhone for some things. 1 button push can bring up a list of frequently used contacts, or URLs, or whatever I want. This is way faster than anything I saw in that video. Not as pretty, but more efficient.
You are assuming that the iPhone will not have the option to have a default start up application, like say, maybe the phone. In which case, the iPhone will have the same number of taps to dial a specific person.

Just as fast... yet more pretty.

archie

Oct 1, 2003
Visit site
I have said on a number of occasions the UI is very attractive, enough to justify buying the device even just as a phone. Need I really say more?

Surur
But then you always follow it up with, a disqualifier, like claiming the pretty UI is useless!

braj

Jun 5, 2007
Visit site
You are assuming that the iPhone will not have the option to have a default start up application, like say, maybe the phone. In which case, the iPhone will have the same number of taps to dial a specific person.

Just as fast... yet more pretty.

From within any application the keyboard is always available to me. What you mention is not the same at all. You have absolutely no objectivity, do you? I can launch anything from the keyboard, the iphone just can't touch that. It is a design limitation because it has no buttons. There's no way around that. The treo has a small screen, it can't display movies or pictures in landscape mode because there is no landscape mode. See how that works? I wouldn't dream of trying to talk my way out of that limitation with BS, but that's what you do constantly with the iPhone. But then, you don't think it has any limitations, right? Your arguments have no integrity with me.:rolleyes:

archie

Oct 1, 2003
Visit site
Yeah, they're exactly alike!! They just support competing companies and formats, however that's where the difference ends!
We are NOT exactly alike. I stick up for one company (nothing more); and surur attacks with false assumptions and lies. surur has some sort of weird motive. My time is merely spent in triage, correcting what surur has done.

But as you may have noticed the machine is in full force (media, surur and all); it is no longer possible for me to address every fabrication and deceptive fact that he tries to infuse as the truth.

surur may support some other company, this could be, and probably is, quite true. But I believe it to be different than what my role seemed to have taken on here. I was in a position of constant defending and rectifying what surur seems he must thrust onto the forum. I have no chance to partake in propaganda (positive or negative) as surur does.

surur

Aug 6, 2005
Visit site
cubic_zirconia_loose_stones.jpg

So the iPhone shell is made out of Zirconia, right Archie?

Surur

tirk

Apr 5, 2006
Visit site
I stick up for one company (nothing more); and surur attacks with false assumptions and lies.

IANAL, but I'd advise you to be very careful about saying things like that Archie. I'm assuming you are over the age of criminal responsibility in the UK of course. :shake:

Pearl_Diva

Mar 24, 2005
Visit site
We are NOT exactly alike. I stick up for one company (nothing more); and surur attacks with false assumptions and lies. surur has some sort of weird motive. My time is merely spent in triage, correcting what surur has done.

But as you may have noticed the machine is in full force (media, surur and all); it is no longer possible for me to address every fabrication and deceptive fact that he tries to infuse as the truth.

surur may support some other company, this could be, and probably is, quite true. But I believe it to be different than what my role seemed to have taken on here. I was in a position of constant defending and rectifying what surur seems he must thrust onto the forum. I have no chance to partake in propaganda (positive or negative) as surur does.

You=Apple. Surur=all things MSFT it seems. You both plug your respective sides with enthusiasm, and do not acknowledge at all any shortcomings. And BOTH companies have them!

surur

Aug 6, 2005
Visit site
Which Windows Mobile devices have shortcomings?

Every one of them of course. There is no perfect device. Ask me about any particular device, and I could give you at least 5 ways in which I think it could be improved.

My favorite device is my old HTC Universal, but its a bit outdated by current standards. It could do with HSDPA instead of just UMTS, built-in GPS is very 2007, and it could be a bit thinner. It could do with a better D-pad on the screen side, and a 4 inch screen could be fitted where the 3.6 inch VGA screen is now. These days even 800x480 screens are not uncommon.

On the OS side, the device lacks USB host for no good reason, it should be easier to connect via A2DP to a headset, and the built-in apps could be prettier. PIE could do with being multi-tabbed, and there seems to be a demand these days for a full-screen overview of a website, like in the IPhone, but also the new NetFront and opera mini.

There is no perfect device, but of course there could be a device thats perfect for one person.

The strength of the WM market is that there is such a variety of devices to choose from, so there is a good chance you CAN find the perfect device, and if there is shortcomings of the OS there is a good chance you can get 3rd party software to rectify it. The IPhone fails in both areas.

Surur

oalvarez

Apr 25, 2004
Visit site
Every one of them of course. There is no perfect device. Ask me about any particular device, and I could give you at least 5 ways in which I think it could be improved.

There is no perfect device, but of course there could be a device thats perfect for one person.

The strength of the WM market is that there is such a variety of devices to choose from, so there is a good chance you CAN find the perfect device, and if there is shortcomings of the OS there is a good chance you can get 3rd party software to rectify it. The IPhone fails in both areas.

Surur

hey, do you spend any time in the Palm OS based Treo Forums? if you don't, you should......i'd love to see those exchanges as i'm not a fan of the palm os nor current Treos.

as for your comment on 3rd party apps being the fix? actually, they're the problem. :)

mikec#IM

Dec 4, 2002
Visit site
usb

No one has mentioned the lack of a standard USB connector...obviously, we are used to it with the iPod, but I once again, it's carry a separate dock/cable when you are on the road.

Lame.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro