Updated iPhone specs

Status
Not open for further replies.

surur

Aug 6, 2005
Visit site
Requiring a separate purchase to fill the blanks left in WM does not a default feature/capability make. Sorry, surur, but you're better than this and you know it.

We are not comparing OS's, we are looking at devices. There are plenty of WM devices, which Apple conveniently left of the list, which feature built-in WIFI, like the HP 6915 or the T-Mobile Dash, or the HTC Mongul for example.

Apple picked and chose the list, and then the features to compare. When you flesh out the device features it does not look as good at all.

Surur

surur

Aug 6, 2005
Visit site
That'll be why there's no mention of screen size, screen resolution, iTunes integration, BT 2, 3.5 mm headphone jack etc, etc as well then :brick:

Feel free to make your own list. You would then note that those features are not unique to the IPhone, and Apple did not chose to highlight them for that reason, e.g. the Nokia N95 has Itunes integration, the Blackberry curve and N95 have 3.5mm headphone jacks.

Surur

C201

Jun 13, 2007
Visit site
Then, by all means, surur, get on with your meta-analysis of every released smartphone the world will see within the next 3-6 months. That should keep you busy for, well ... 3-6 months. :)

Point is, your list is no different than Apple's. You drew a line to end your list, at your choosing, as well as a line to end what features you included, whether out-of-the-box or not. What? No specifications to the types of metals and/or plastics used in production?

marcol

Aug 31, 2005
Visit site
Feel free to make your own list. You would then note that those features are not unique to the IPhone, and Apple did not chose to highlight them for that reason, e.g. the Nokia N95 has Itunes integration, the Blackberry curve and N95 have 3.5mm headphone jacks.
There are plenty of features on your list that aren't unique to one device. I didn't realise that was a requirement.

Malatesta

Jan 19, 2006
Visit site
Point is, your list is no different than Apple's.
I think that was his point...feature lists tend to be arbitrary depending on what you want to highlight and what you want to just obfuscate.

At least that's my thought on the matter...

C201

Jun 13, 2007
Visit site
I think that was his point...feature lists tend to be arbitrary depending on what you want to highlight and what you want to just obfuscate.
Obviously, I agree with you ... But, I agree because this was the point I made on the previous page of this thread, to which surur takes exception.

surur

Aug 6, 2005
Visit site
There are plenty of features on your list that aren't unique to one device. I didn't realise that was a requirement.

Not my requirement - Apple's. When they set up their original list they intended to win in all areas. Their mistake with the N95 spoiled that slightly, but it was abundantly clear they wanted to look as if they dominated the competition. When you flesh out the list things are much less clear cut.

Surur

C201

Jun 13, 2007
Visit site
Not my requirement - Apple's. When they set up their original list they intended to win in all areas. Their mistake with the N95 spoiled that slightly, but it was abundantly clear they wanted to look as if they dominated the competition.

Surur, how long had that document been live on the web before Apple [or their contractor] corrected it? The Press Release is dated today, if I'm not mistaken.

marcol

Aug 31, 2005
Visit site
Not my requirement - Apple's. When they set up their original list they intended to win in all areas. Their mistake with the N95 spoiled that slightly, but it was abundantly clear they wanted to look as if they dominated the competition. When you flesh out the list things are much less clear cut.
I don't disagree with any of that except that your 'fleshing out' is even worse than Apple's. At least Apple's was in the context of a press release about an improved screen and battery life and the table is (mostly) relevant to that.

surur

Aug 6, 2005
Visit site
Surur, how long had that document been live on the web before Apple [or their contractor] corrected it? The Press Release is dated today, if I'm not mistaken.

At least a few hours. How is that relevant to my statement?

Surur

C201

Jun 13, 2007
Visit site
I don't disagree with any of that except that your 'fleshing out' is even worse than Apple's. At least Apple's was in the context of a press release about an improved screen and battery life and the table is (mostly) relevant to that.

When was the last time we saw any other manufacturer post their own preliminary vs final benchmark results?

surur

Aug 6, 2005
Visit site

And the thickness and screen size were relevant how? They just threw those in there to spice the list up?

Surur

C201

Jun 13, 2007
Visit site
At least a few hours. How is that relevant to my statement?

Surur

Your singular point is the intent of Apple manipulating a Press Release. Why would they bother correcting it when Palm and so many other mfrs never bother correcting [unless they find themselves in legal hot water, that is]?

Malatesta

Jan 19, 2006
Visit site
When was the last time we saw any other manufacturer post their own preliminary vs final benchmark results?
None, b/c most devices don't have a 6-month window between grand-announcement and release ;)

Most phones just come out with little or no fanfare.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73