Your singular point is the intent of Apple manipulating a Press Release. Why would they bother correcting it when Palm and so many other mfrs never bother correcting [unless they find themselves in legal hot water, that is]?
    When comparing your device against competitors, you better be factually right. Are you saying they could have actually left it there uncorrected, without getting a friendly letter from Nokia?

My point in fact is not that they corrected the list, but what they decided to include in the feature comparison to start with, ie. only features in which they would win.

Surur
    06-18-2007 06:25 PM
    Its been done already.
    http://3lib.ukonline.co.uk/grid.htm

Surur
    Not even close. Try again?

Again, your list differs with Apple's PR how exactly?
    06-18-2007 06:27 PM
    Here's that table, updated with a dash of honesty.

Surur
    No BT stereo and no MP3 ringtones? Is that really true?
    06-18-2007 06:28 PM
    Not even close. Try again?

By actually including Apple's PR, in which the IPhone wins, and adding in the areas where they lose. Automatic balance.

Surur
    06-18-2007 06:29 PM
    It's anti-Apple PR. Obviously that's the complete opposite
    No BT stereo and no MP3 ringtones? Is that really true?
    As far as we know, at this time.

Surur
    The iPhone is going to sell, and going to sell big when it is released. But what are consumers going to do when they realize they can do all of this on a phone that costs hundreds less, on a cellular network that is cheaper to boot?
    what consumers want are devices that don't weigh as much as bricks or look as though they're from the 1990's.....they want sleek, pocketable, and modern. let the market validate what i have been saying for some time now.

regards
    06-18-2007 06:33 PM
    what consumers want are devices that don't weigh as much as bricks or look as though they're from the 1990's.....they want sleek, pocketable, and modern. let the market validate what i have been saying for some time now.

regards
    A few here seem to be deluded into believing they are actually shaping the market with their posts.
    06-18-2007 06:37 PM
    While I think Safari will go a long way in bringing "full blown internet" to a mobile device and that people want such a feature, personally I think it's an inefficient way for information retrieval.

This reminds me. Isn't there a beta Windows Safari available? Anyone try it yet?
    06-18-2007 06:38 PM
    As far as we know, at this time.

Surur
    BT 2.0 is supported, so it seems reasonable that BT audio will be, if not at launch. IS there any hardware reason why this couldn't be added?
    06-18-2007 06:38 PM
    A few here seem to be deluded into believing they are actually shaping the market with their posts.
    no, rather suggesting that there are alternatives to Treos, and sure enough, many around here have found that to be true.

you can turn that statement into whatever you wish as well....seems that you have fun doing so.
    06-18-2007 06:43 PM
    This reminds me. Isn't there a beta Windows Safari available? Anyone try it yet?
    I'm using the beta OS X version. I like it because it spell checks as you type (like now!) , which Safari 2 didn't.
    06-18-2007 06:43 PM
    BT 2.0 is supported, so it seems reasonable that BT audio will be, if not at launch. IS there any hardware reason why this couldn't be added?
    Its all software, but then so is flash and Java.

Surur
    06-18-2007 06:46 PM
    OT

I've been using it here and there. Overall it's nice. I like the font and the way it "looks". Then I found I could make Firefox do some of that stuff (see Fission plugin). Are there adblockers for Safari and plugins? No built in spell-check is a deal killer for me as of now.
    06-18-2007 06:47 PM

regards
    Actually, what consumers want is simple: choice

Whether that is in networks or device types, using something that fits your needs and likes is what matters. Aesthetics is but one aspect in that choice and not necessarily the priority for all.
    06-18-2007 06:49 PM
    Its all software, but then so is flash and Java.

Surur
    But be nonest, you know flash and java are totally different issues.
    06-18-2007 06:52 PM
    By actually including Apple's PR, in which the IPhone wins, and adding in the areas where they lose. Automatic balance.

Surur
    And still using the same subjective rationalization you complain about.
    06-18-2007 06:53 PM
    But Jobs said the iPhone was a Blackberry too. Right, surur? :crazy:
    06-18-2007 06:54 PM
    Are they? A2DP does not come free with the bluetooth chip - the code still needs to be written.

Surur
    06-18-2007 06:57 PM
    But Jobs said the iPhone was a Blackberry too. Right, surur? :crazy:
    Nooo... he actually showed a Treo keyboard in the keynote. I guess he meant it was a Treo. Sorry for the mistake. :crazy:

Surur
    06-18-2007 06:58 PM
    Man, Surur ... You are so over the edge it's not funny.
    06-18-2007 07:04 PM
    Actually, what consumers want is simple: choice

Whether that is in networks or device types, using something that fits your needs and likes is what matters. Aesthetics is but one aspect in that choice and not necessarily the priority for all.
    correctamundo.....it is interesting however to note the sales success that the more slim, less heavy devices have enjoyed since their launches (razr, krzr, pearls, 8300's, 6700's, etc)....correlated? maybe, maybe not!

regards
    06-18-2007 07:04 PM
    Are they? A2DP does not come free with the bluetooth chip - the code still needs to be written.

Surur
    Yeah but I think it is safe to assume it will arrive in a software update, esp. since it is becoming more widespread. If you think Apple doesn't want to sell you a nice, overpriced but stylish 2 in 1 BT headset I think you don't know Apple. They could sell it for $200 and people would love it.
    06-18-2007 07:06 PM
    correctamundo.....it is interesting however to note the sales success that the more slim, less heavy devices have enjoyed since their launches (razr, krzr, pearls, 8300's, 6700's, etc)....correlated? maybe, maybe not!

regards
    Honestly, I have no idea as we don't have access to actual sales numbers. Motorola has serious financial issues/losses in the cell phone area, which suggests the RAZR/KRZR/xxZR trend is just a trend. Sure as technology warrants it, devices will get thinner and lighter--that goes for everything. But there are compromises too (e.g. battery life) or lack of features.

The 6700 was a very successful devices for Sprint and Verizon, seeing as it held that spot in their lineup for nearly 2 years.

Sometimes people need the more power/functionality over slimness and looks. For me, "looks" are secondary to what it can do. I can't fake functionality. That's why I went back to the 700wx from the Q--it's just a better device.
    06-18-2007 07:08 PM
    Yeah but I think it is safe to assume it will arrive in a software update, esp. since it is becoming more widespread. If you think Apple doesn't want to sell you a nice, overpriced but stylish 2 in 1 BT headset I think you don't know Apple. They could sell it for $200 and people would love it.
    They need to save something for IPhone 2, dont they?

Surur
    06-18-2007 07:11 PM
328 ... 34567 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD