Yeah, they're exactly alike!! They just support competing companies and formats, however that's where the difference ends!
    We are NOT exactly alike. I stick up for one company (nothing more); and surur attacks with false assumptions and lies. surur has some sort of weird motive. My time is merely spent in triage, correcting what surur has done.

But as you may have noticed the machine is in full force (media, surur and all); it is no longer possible for me to address every fabrication and deceptive fact that he tries to infuse as the truth.

surur may support some other company, this could be, and probably is, quite true. But I believe it to be different than what my role seemed to have taken on here. I was in a position of constant defending and rectifying what surur seems he must thrust onto the forum. I have no chance to partake in propaganda (positive or negative) as surur does.
    06-23-2007 03:16 AM

So the iPhone shell is made out of Zirconia, right Archie?

Surur
    06-23-2007 03:40 AM
    I stick up for one company (nothing more); and surur attacks with false assumptions and lies.
    IANAL, but I'd advise you to be very careful about saying things like that Archie. I'm assuming you are over the age of criminal responsibility in the UK of course. :shake:
    06-23-2007 04:56 AM
    We are NOT exactly alike. I stick up for one company (nothing more); and surur attacks with false assumptions and lies. surur has some sort of weird motive. My time is merely spent in triage, correcting what surur has done.

But as you may have noticed the machine is in full force (media, surur and all); it is no longer possible for me to address every fabrication and deceptive fact that he tries to infuse as the truth.

surur may support some other company, this could be, and probably is, quite true. But I believe it to be different than what my role seemed to have taken on here. I was in a position of constant defending and rectifying what surur seems he must thrust onto the forum. I have no chance to partake in propaganda (positive or negative) as surur does.

You=Apple. Surur=all things MSFT it seems. You both plug your respective sides with enthusiasm, and do not acknowledge at all any shortcomings. And BOTH companies have them!
    06-23-2007 07:10 AM
    You=Apple. Surur=all things MSFT it seems. You both plug your respective sides with enthusiasm, and do not acknowledge at all any shortcomings. And BOTH companies have them!
    I would disagree with this assertion.

Surur
    06-23-2007 07:18 AM
    Which Windows Mobile devices have shortcomings?
    06-23-2007 08:51 AM
    Which Windows Mobile devices have shortcomings?
    Every one of them of course. There is no perfect device. Ask me about any particular device, and I could give you at least 5 ways in which I think it could be improved.

My favorite device is my old HTC Universal, but its a bit outdated by current standards. It could do with HSDPA instead of just UMTS, built-in GPS is very 2007, and it could be a bit thinner. It could do with a better D-pad on the screen side, and a 4 inch screen could be fitted where the 3.6 inch VGA screen is now. These days even 800x480 screens are not uncommon.

On the OS side, the device lacks USB host for no good reason, it should be easier to connect via A2DP to a headset, and the built-in apps could be prettier. PIE could do with being multi-tabbed, and there seems to be a demand these days for a full-screen overview of a website, like in the IPhone, but also the new NetFront and opera mini.

There is no perfect device, but of course there could be a device thats perfect for one person.

The strength of the WM market is that there is such a variety of devices to choose from, so there is a good chance you CAN find the perfect device, and if there is shortcomings of the OS there is a good chance you can get 3rd party software to rectify it. The IPhone fails in both areas.

Surur
    06-23-2007 09:01 AM
    Every one of them of course. There is no perfect device. Ask me about any particular device, and I could give you at least 5 ways in which I think it could be improved.

There is no perfect device, but of course there could be a device thats perfect for one person.

The strength of the WM market is that there is such a variety of devices to choose from, so there is a good chance you CAN find the perfect device, and if there is shortcomings of the OS there is a good chance you can get 3rd party software to rectify it. The IPhone fails in both areas.

Surur

hey, do you spend any time in the Palm OS based Treo Forums? if you don't, you should......i'd love to see those exchanges as i'm not a fan of the palm os nor current Treos.

as for your comment on 3rd party apps being the fix? actually, they're the problem.
    06-23-2007 09:35 AM
    No one has mentioned the lack of a standard USB connector...obviously, we are used to it with the iPod, but I once again, it's carry a separate dock/cable when you are on the road.

Lame.
    06-23-2007 10:21 AM
    do Treos have a standard USB connector?
    06-23-2007 10:24 AM
    oal,

No, they don't, and they are lame too.
    06-23-2007 10:30 AM
    hey, we agree! yeah!
    06-23-2007 10:36 AM
    Archie and Surur are nothing alike.

Archie is an Apple fanboy / Palm/Treo basher. His past post show this clearly. (Not that there is anything wrong with that, other than him posting incorrect info and not understanding technology.) But to each their own.

Surur (it seems to me), if all about form factor and function. He does not rabidly support MS, but rather is critical of devices (any type) that are up to snuff (his opinion, which I think many hold similar view).

Surur posted he likes slide-out keyboards...I don't. Personally preference, but I don't see him or me saying HTC/MS/RIM/whoever has the ultimate solution. It's an evolving thing - competition is good.

As for the iPhone, it is slick, pretty and cool. But it is far from the BAEA that Archie makes it out to be.

If anything, the only thing Archie and Surur have in common is some bashing of Palm (the company) on how they execute.)
    06-23-2007 10:42 AM
    BB and HTC make standard USB connectors. Everyone else seems to have proprietary connectors. I have SO many chargers and cables lying around here!

I think Moto uses USB connection too. At least on some phones.
    06-23-2007 10:45 AM
    Lame for mot having USB port, yes. But overall, no.
    06-23-2007 10:47 AM
    Mike, to me they sound the same(at least looking at the iPhone forum), just on opposites sides of the coin in terms of who they support.
    06-23-2007 10:49 AM
    They are just the two vocieferous fellows...the IPhone forum is not all of TC
    06-23-2007 10:54 AM
    Obviously not. But look how many are in here. LOL!
    06-23-2007 10:58 AM
    Diva,

Yes, there are a lot of "the usual suspects" in the iPhone forum.

:-)
    06-23-2007 11:02 AM
    whoa MikeC! surur not a rabid ms supporter? or do i have him confused with Malatesta?

oh well.....i don't think they sound the same....Archie simply likes what Apple has to offer in the iPhone and has been forced to defend himself at every turn. i hardly think Archie is an MS hater and really doesn't spend all that much effort talking down Palm/Treo (i like to though). Surur doesn't seem to care much for Apple/Jobs and likes to downtalk the iPhone, likes to find fault in it (like i do a Treo) and in Archie's thoughts.

remember the movie First Blood?
    06-23-2007 11:04 AM
    I do talk down the iphone, but then that's mainly because its incredibly hyped.

Surur
    06-23-2007 11:08 AM
    I would use the word nice instead of revolutionary for most of its features.

Surur
    06-23-2007 11:11 AM
    did you talk down the Treo 680? how about the Mogul that even one wants to create a new Forum for.

you talk down the iPhone "mainly because it's incredibly hyped."

that seems like a very silly reason why, but hey, a mans gotta do what a mans gotta do, right?
    06-23-2007 11:12 AM
    I'd say innovative. An ALL screen and screen controlled phone never existed before, as far as I know.
    06-23-2007 11:15 AM
    I think Surur means it's hyped up to be something greater than it is, so he's cutting it back down to size.

Me, I don't really care about the hype. I expect that anyway, they can't sell the phone otherwise. I just want to know if I can use it.
    06-23-2007 11:20 AM
328 ... 910111213 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD