Updated iPhone specs

Status
Not open for further replies.

marcol

Aug 31, 2005
Visit site
Apple? today announced that iPhone? will deliver significantly longer battery life when it ships on June 29 than was originally estimated when iPhone was unveiled in January. iPhone will feature up to 8 hours of talk time, 6 hours of Internet use, 7 hours of video playback or 24 hours of audio playback.* In addition, iPhone will feature up to 250 hours?more than 10 days?of standby time. Apple also announced that the entire top surface of iPhone, including its stunning 3.5-inch display, has been upgraded from plastic to optical-quality glass to achieve a superior level of scratch resistance and optical clarity.
https://www.apple.com/newsroom/error.html#mn_p

cavingjan#IM

Dec 28, 2006
Visit site
That battery life sound much better and usable. How could they be that far off on their early estimations? Battery life appears to be double what they thought it would be.

surur

Aug 6, 2005
Visit site
Probably slower CPU, or they are switching off wifi by default, or they will suddenly announce the Iphone is double the thickness :evil:

Surur

surur

Aug 6, 2005
Visit site
So much for not comparing themselves to smartphones.

competitivedatachart.jpg

I am going to have fun updating this chart to reflect all the facts they conveniently omit when I get home.

And since when did the Nokia N95 not have WIFI?

Surur

surur

Aug 6, 2005
Visit site
Why? To prove that Apple is just as fallible as every other human-run corp?

Please! Their whole comparison chart is a lie, as it only mentions issues beneficial to them. If they knew the Nokia N95 had wifi they would probably not even have had it on the chart. Where's the T-Mobile Dash for example? They picked and chose, and they picked wrong with the N95.

They are not fallible, they are deceptive.

Surur

C201

Jun 13, 2007
Visit site
Please! Their whole comparison chart is a lie, as it only mentions issues beneficial to them. If they knew the Nokia N95 had wifi they would probably not even have had it on the chart. Where's the T-Mobile Dash for example? They picked and chose, and they picked wrong with the N95.

They are not fallible, they are deceptive.

Surur

Show me any comparative marketing piece produced by any corporation, government, etc that isn't biased.:)

If that press release had been allowed to remain live on the web through their launch, I'd be inclined to agree that at least negligence or at worst, manipulation was motivation. That press release had just gone live today. They instantly corrected it. How more responsibly could they have handled this circumstance?

surur

Aug 6, 2005
Visit site
You would have had a point, had Apple not been systemically deceptive in their marketing of the IPhone. They made all kinds of bizarre comparisons to suite them, while hiding the advantages of the other devices.

Eg. in the original keynote they spoke of how difficult it is to search your contacts, and how you had to re-enter all your contacts each time you switched phones, and how most people dial from their recently called list etc, and he would do his little scrolling thing. On the WM smartphones you just start dialing some-one's name form the today screen - much faster and in fact easier, and of course contacts sync just fine.

He likes comparing his device with dumb phones when it suites him, and smartphones when it doest (e.g. his battery life claims). The man is a charlatan.

Surur

surur

Aug 6, 2005
Visit site
Again, show me a successful marketing genius or government, etc which is not. Sometimes they can back their claims with substance, sometimes not. Aren't there bigger fish to fry than Jobs?

I don't think so. He is the pinnacle of the art. Looking at the Iphone frenzy, can you think of anyone better (or worse) than him?

Surur

marcol

Aug 31, 2005
Visit site
The better battery life is awesome.
Claimed battery life is awesome. I'd like to see real world experiences. That said, it does look very promising. My experiences with Apple battery life claims (MacBook, iPod) have been that they're not too far wide of the mark.

C201

Jun 13, 2007
Visit site
I don't think so. He is the pinnacle of the art. Looking at the Iphone frenzy

Surur

If the device itself wasn't what it is, as well as not having the admitted marketing packaging trappings, there would not be any 'frenzy'. Offing Jobs would not change Apple's degree of success/failure with iPhone. It still comes down to the device and its marketing.

can you think of anyone better (or worse) than him?

Yes, but that gets us very off-topic and into corporate malfeasance at the expense of shareholders and/or employees.

surur

Aug 6, 2005
Visit site
If the device itself wasn't what it is, as well as not having the admitted marketing packaging trappings, there would not be any 'frenzy'. Offing Jobs would not change Apple's degree of success/failure with iPhone. It still comes down to the device and its marketing.

The Iphone in many ways fail for what they have been selling it as. I wont go into the argument again, but it does not live up to the hype, and the more we find out the less it does.

Yes, but that gets us very off-topic and into corporate malfeasance at the expense of shareholders and/or employees.

Enron wasn't trying to sell me anything.

Surur

C201

Jun 13, 2007
Visit site
Claimed battery life is awesome. I'd like to see real world experiences. That said, it does look very promising. My experiences with Apple battery life claims (MacBook, iPod) have been that they're not too far wide of the mark.

That's encouraging, since WM devices routinely seem to only give ~60-70% of their battery ratings. Hell, if I could get real-world 6 hours of continuous talk time [not that I ever hold conversations that long], while remaining under 20mm thickness, any advanced smartphone would get a look from me. The aftermarket companies won't like it a damn bit, but really, who cares besides them? Maybe they can focus their attention on improving the QA/QC by redistributing R&D budgets toward that cause.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh