9 percent of cell phone users want iPhone

braj

Jun 5, 2007
Visit site
Yeah, the poll only stated it was online, how exactly were they asked and how was it asked? I have no idea and again, it isn't my job as a news consumer to ask the questions the news service should before reporting the poll results in the first place. That's their job but the media these days rarely researches anything. The M:Metrics page is just a press release and not poll results so as a consumer I have nothing to tell me what the poll really asked and means.

But it is my job and in my best interest to not blindly believe everything I read.

braj

Jun 5, 2007
Visit site
Still, the false dichotomy with which some began their side-swiping was plain to see.

You assume way too much. Explain what you mean by 'false dichotomy' and even why you think it was side-swiping. (reminds me of the prison intellectual from In Living Color)

If someone did the same poll on any other product (say the Treo) I would have said the same thing. You don't know me or my intentions so don't pretend you do.

C201

Jun 13, 2007
Visit site
The M:Metrics page is just a press release and not poll results so as a consumer I have nothing to tell me what the poll really asked and means.

This only proves that you took the easiest way out by looking only at what was provided to you here in this forum. You've certainly made it your responsibility to cast fear and loathing whenever possible. I'm quite certain their email server works as well as their telephones. :)

But it is my job and in my best interest to not blindly believe everything I read.

Oh, I agree 100% that none should be sheep. But, that does not relieve anyone of their own responsibilities when taking exception with stated claims.

btw: How's that peer review workin' out for ya? :)

braj

Jun 5, 2007
Visit site
Ah, I remember where I read about M:Metrics: they bring you the M:panel, and is this the source for the polling data? They spammed the 1src forum with a deceptive 'user' post to say this completely unknown application was 'finally' available on Palm.

So an opt-in service for people dumb enough to install essentially spyware on their own device is likely the source of this info? This is why I like to see the methodology of any polling.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2