Will iPhone kill the Treo franchise?

surur

Aug 6, 2005
Visit site
Just looking at the votes, its a pretty even spread with quite a large sampling. Anyone want to attempt an interpretation?

Surur

Pearl_Diva

Mar 24, 2005
Visit site
Just looking at the votes, its a pretty even spread with quite a large sampling. Anyone want to attempt an interpretation?

Surur

My take: Most people think iPhone will be a success, to varying degrees. They also think Treo isn't really in the same class and so it may not affect Treos directly. BUT Treo is lacking so it may go by the wayside anyway. JMO from looking at the poll.

braj

Jun 5, 2007
Visit site
My take: Most people think iPhone will be a success, to varying degrees. They also think Treo isn't really in the same class and so it may not affect Treos directly. BUT Treo is lacking so it may go by the wayside anyway. JMO from looking at the poll.

Yeah, I think Treos have more to fear from $100 smartphones like the Blackjack than the iPhone. Palm is roughly half the price of an iPhone. And the iPhone is more a feature phone than a smartphone at this time anyway, so targeted at a different user.

archie

Oct 1, 2003
Visit site
Ouch! Have you seen the LG Prada screens? Black is always in fashion :D

Surur
Ha, ha. Your Prada is in need of something to compete with the iPhone. Will people fall for this?

elgiganten2.jpg

Hey, remember when you tried to tell me the Prada was better than the iPhone because it had digital mobile TV. Ha, ha, ha! Good times.

...when of course it did not and you insisted that it did.

Malatesta

Jan 19, 2006
Visit site
Hey, remember when you tried to tell me the Prada was better than the iPhone because it had digital mobile TV. Ha, ha, ha! Good times.

...when of course it did not and you insisted that it did.
Actually, I remember that specifically: Surur was referring to the nex-gen Prada which was going to have DMB, not the current iteration which was never projected to have that feature.

This was in relation to the discussion of the iPhone coming to Europe late this year: Surur was contending that the Prada II would be rolling out around the same time. It was then he invoked the DMB argument as a feature the iPhone would be lacking in comparison, hence behind in offerings.

Anyone want to confirm/disconfirm that recollection?

marcol

Aug 31, 2005
Visit site
I recall it. Mostly because I remember thinking (and posting) that the gen 2 Prada looked like a one-armed bandit (the arm being the DMB antenna).

braj

Jun 5, 2007
Visit site
You've never heard someone call a car sexy?

Sure, but then a car makes the person driving it seem more sexy, because it exudes power, style, sophistication. I guess you could feel that way about a cel phone but I don't. My wife finds me sexier when I put down my gadgets.

MacUser

Aug 23, 2004
Visit site
Sure, but then a car makes the person driving it seem more sexy, because it exudes power, style, sophistication.
Yup...I would agree that power, style and sophistication would create the "sexy" effect. Do you use the term "hot" for gadgets with those characteristics?

braj

Jun 5, 2007
Visit site
Yup...I would agree that power, style and sophistication would create the "sexy" effect. Do you use the term "hot" for gadgets with those characteristics?

'Cool' because it makes your life easier and more enjoyable, like lemonade on a hpot summer's day. :D Hot for me refers to things that are really popular, but not necessarily good. Like Paris Hilton, she is hot.

Ain't language fun?

MacUser

Aug 23, 2004
Visit site
'Cool' because it makes your life easier and more enjoyable, like lemonade on a hpot summer's day. :D Hot for me refers to things that are really popular, but not necessarily good. Like Paris Hilton, she is hot.

Ain't language fun?
I don't think Paris is hot...more like spoiled and slutty.

How about "slammin'"?

Kupe#WP

Jul 28, 2000
Visit site
That's the way to inspire a higher standard of internet forum integrity. :shake:
15 posts per day, most of which mirror this quote. The average IQ of TreoCentral dropped several points with your arrival this month. We all dream of achieving your high standards. :D

mikec#IM

Dec 4, 2002
Visit site
hmmm

Paris Hilton hot? Are you comparing the iPhone to her? What an insult to phones...

I guess if you are into a woman-child...20 year old body with 7 year old mind....I get the "ewwwwws" just thinking about it.