Will iPhone kill the Treo franchise?

Pearl_Diva

Mar 24, 2005
Visit site
Can we leave it at "yes it's a VIRTUAL keyboard, but not a PHYSICAL keyboard", otherwise this will never end! LOL! From the horse's mouth:

Intelligent Keyboard
iPhone’s full QWERTY soft keyboard lets you easily send and receive SMS messages in multiple sessions. And the keyboard is predictive, so it prevents and corrects mistakes, making it easier and more efficient to use than the small plastic keyboards on many smartphones.

So yes, Apple believes it qualifies as a keyboard, even if it is virtual.

Pearl_Diva

Mar 24, 2005
Visit site
OK how about "intangible"? I've used these types of keyboards before and they're certainly real, just not hard keys. I guess it's some kind of program they use, I really don't know.

mdavis

May 11, 2004
Visit site
Definitely. It's a real image, a genuine image, just like great art, an actual tangible representation of something that's not really there. It's not a keyboard, but it's a really good representation of one. And the representation is really really real. Otherwise all those museums would be empty. There's real stuff in there. Representing stuff that's not there. Except for the stuff that is--like medieval armor, furniture, old instruments, old ruins, and canoes. And usually a nice cafe or restaurant.

oalvarez

Apr 25, 2004
Visit site
taken from the iPhone site:

Intelligent Keyboard
iPhone’s full QWERTY soft keyboard lets you easily send and receive SMS messages in multiple sessions. And the keyboard is predictive, so it prevents and corrects mistakes, making it easier and more efficient to use than the small plastic keyboards on many smartphones.

see, it has a keyboard.

Pearl_Diva

Mar 24, 2005
Visit site
I posted that already, he/she just won't concede that a fully fuctional but virtual keyboard is still a keyboard. While I prefer hard keys myself, I would still call this a keyboard. There're other things with touch interfaces too, doesn't mean they're not real, just not physical.

samkim

Sep 27, 2004
Visit site
So does the iPhone come with a striped fish too, since it seems to have a picture of one? I mean, the fish is there, but you can't feel it. ;)
That's a pretty good deal. You get a phone AND a tropical fish.

duanedude1

Mar 24, 2005
Visit site
Just because you can't physically touch or feel something doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

"I'd like 3 feet of Love, with a side of Compassion, and a pinch of Sarcasm... hold the Melancholy!"

"But do you want fries with that?"

:):D:)

Actually- the phone's case is just filled with water,
and a clownfish is enclosed in each i-phoQuarium.
The fish sees your finger movements, and translates them into messages they relay via sonar through the water, (like the Incredible Mr. Limpett) and air, to other iphoQuarium users. No FCC approval needed, but they did have to get permission from the Department of Fisheries.

marcol

Aug 31, 2005
Visit site
Not only are th fish not real, the bloody lock's a fake too :)

iphone_locked.jpg

And the clock!

Pearl_Diva

Mar 24, 2005
Visit site
I just bought a touch screen MP3 player. The interface is also "virtual", but it recognizes all I'm doing, so are the controls "real" or not?

Now you all have me interested in what type of technology these devices use.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW