How many who want the iPhone are Mac people?

zrs70

Oct 21, 2003
Visit site
I am a Mac person, and no matter what software I use, I have never liked the way my palm/ treo syncs to the Mac. I have been waiting for the iPhone for years, as I am certain that syncing will be intuitive out of the box. (Well, that is just one of the reason I want the iPhone).

I am curious.... Of those who want the iPhone, how many are Mac and how many are PC people?

Certs

Mar 13, 2005
www.myspace.com
I will probably get one to try it out, the OS, UI, etc. but I will definitely wait until I hear some unbiased reviews of it first. Make sure its stable, fluid-to-use, etc.

And I have never owned a Mac in my life...

ktm97

Jan 9, 2005
Visit site
Same here, been through enough first gen macs & software, will wait for 3rd gen iphone. Love my 680 and missing sync.

DaddyMac#WN

Nov 4, 2006
Visit site
I will get one as soon as I can (first day 8GB if possible). I am a Mac user, who suffers with PC's at work. I'm looking forward to it syncing well with my Mac. Better even than my Treos (600, 650, 680) with Missing Sync. Will it be better when it's 2nd Gen? Probably, I'll just have to get that too.

oalvarez

Apr 25, 2004
Visit site
have built 3 of my own Windows based PC's and also own a MacBook Pro

will buy it (knowing that i can return it) regardless of my operating system affiliation.

regards

marcol

Aug 31, 2005
Visit site
I'm mostly Mac - I use a PC occassionally at work and the iMac at home is dual boot (only really used booted to XP by my son to play games but I get to look after it). I love the idea and look of the iPhone and it's UI and I'm sure I'll give it a go when it gets to the UK. As for buying and keeping, bare minimum is it has 3G... and works well.

I was going to wait for a 3G phone with SiRFstarIII GPS but iPhone plus a TomTom PND would still be one device less than I use now (E61, nano, BT GPS) so that's at least a step in the right direction. The Apple lock-in that's most relevant for me isn't really to the Mac, it's to iPod and iTunes. The iPod/iTunes experience is just so much better than any other portable music solution I've tried (Palm, Nokia, Sony Ericsson devices with iTunes, Windows Media Player etc).

PSM

May 30, 2005
headsetchatter.com
For me, the point of having an iPhone would be to continue the ease of use that comes with Apple products. Missing Sync works fine for me for basic syncing, but I don't use folder syncing or keep my iTunes playlists on my phone. I've tried it, but it just feels clunky, and not worth my time. I do sync to iPhoto, but only in the most basic way so that the photos I take with the Treo get saved to my computer. I'm sure on the iPhone all those things will be seamless and easy enough to use that I will take more advantage of the possibilities.

I also like the idea that it runs something other than Palm. I enjoyed the Palm OS until about 2002, and own hundreds of dollars of software, but it's way past its expiration date and I'll take just about anything that's not Windows. Having it be some version of OS X sounds like it should be a good thing.

I also hope that the OS X/Safari thing means the browser will be good. Blazer takes so long to render and is so limited compared to a desktop browser. I hope the mini-Safari will be more powerful.

However...
The lack of 3rd party software is very troubling to me as a longtime Palm user. The strength of Palm OS has always been that there are developers smarter than those who work at Palm who will come up with better apps, and will improve them after user feedback. Apple makes some great apps, but sometimes they're not powerful enough or I would just prefer them to work differently. If I don't have that freedom to choose, it will be a step back from the Treo.

I need 3G. I will wait until that's available. Again, it would be a step back.

And finally, I had a really, really bad experience with AT&T for six miserable years, which taught me that the most important thing about a cell phone is that it can make and receive phone calls. While I'm sure their coverage has improved in the four years since I left them and they merged and then un-merged or whatever, I still see evidence that their coverage is not as good as Verizon's (at least in NYC), and until I'm convinced that I can make a call everywhere a Verizon phone can, I won't go back to them.

vinman

Sep 22, 2004
Visit site
May become a mac person sooner than later. I need a new laptop, and I really like the Vista UI (so what if I'm the only one!). I use Adobe LightRoom and CS3, and am having issues with LR on Vista and XP and CS3 on Vista. There is an impending LR1.1 update, but no idea when or what it will include as far as bug fixes/compatibility issues. Add to that in order to access more than 2gb RAM, I need a 64 bit machine, and there are still A LOT of unsupported device drivers for 64 bit (especially) and Mac architecture is looking more and more appealing. Now, speculation is that they are soon to be introducing their new laptops with led backlighting which will revolutionize color consistency for photo (well, all graphics really). Hopefully my 6 year old Dell baby will last through the transition - whatever that may be...

rotlex

Dec 4, 2006
Visit site
Mac person\Windows IT Admin here. I'd buy and iphone yesterday if it wasn't for one thing......the carrier. While I'm sure it's not going to kill Apple, it is the one single factor that is preventing me from buying one. I've been a Sprint customer for YEARS and no one can match the deal I have for voice and data with them. I would most likely have to double or triple the cost of my monthly service to get that.

Here's hoping either Sprint gets an iphone in a few years, or AT&T comes out with a $10 a month unlimited data plan, LOL.

byronchurch

Feb 13, 2006
Visit site
YES !

Just because I can though ... I'm sure it will have its shortcomings but if the phone and the calendar are dependable ; As sir Timothy says , "I'll take that hit !"
I'll also keep my 680 in the briefcase just in case . I love my Treos . Best phones I ever had but I do say our relationships have been somewhat DySfUnCtIoNaL ! Actually my Mac-Brides haven't been perfect but they do improve ! and they sure are pretty !

MacUser

Aug 23, 2004
Visit site
You may be able to tell, I'm a Mac User. I am deeply sad that I may not be able to camp an AT&T store on June 29th due to a professional development day. I shall have to get creative to find a way to get one. There is only a small, small part of me that wonders what I'll have to do to get a 2nd Gen iPhone when it comes out. Perhaps just renew for an additional 2 years? Would I be able to eBay my 1st Gen? Twenty-one more days to ponder!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2