I know it was advertised otherwise... but lets dream:
    Look at the pictures here:

http://www.apple.com/iphone/technology/specs.html

Certainly that black strip in the sideview picture on the back at the inferior 1/3 of the phone is diferent from any previous Ipod model... Why?

I dream it is actually a removable battery phone.... Please maybe next version?

For me is suspicious though...

Gabriel
    05-21-2007 04:09 AM
    Certainly that black strip in the sideview picture on the back at the inferior 1/3 of the phone is diferent from any previous Ipod model... Why?
    Antenna? IIRC from the FCC stories last week the back of the device (the shiny bit) is aluminium (a word you might spell differently ). If aluminium blocks radio waves (I don't know if it does or doesn't) a radio-transparent plastic bit might be required so that it can work as a phone.
    05-21-2007 05:04 AM
    it's an antenna from what I recall. not a removal battery.
    05-21-2007 01:03 PM
    ...(the shiny bit) is aluminium (a word you might spell differently ).
    Bah! You say toe-MAH-toe...
    05-22-2007 07:17 AM
    Bah! You say toe-MAH-toe...
    I do indeed, but then I'm English, so what do I know about the language?
    05-22-2007 08:26 AM
    I do indeed, but then I'm English, so what do I know about the language?
    Me too - after all in the US they still use the English word "fall" for what we now refer to by the French import "autumn"!

<Ho pineapple is an anagram of Apple iPhone - do you really want to wander round with a pineapple clamped to your ear??>
    05-23-2007 12:43 PM
    <Ho pineapple is an anagram of Apple iPhone - do you really want to wander round with a pineapple clamped to your ear??>
    I can't help but note that there's a difference in the meaning of the word 'ho' in US English and English English. Here's the English English one:

ho

exclamation

1 an expression of surprise, admiration, triumph, or derision: Ho! I'll show you.
    [in combination ] used as the second element of various exclamations: what ho! | heave ho.

2 used to call for attention : ho there!
    [in combination ] dated, chiefly Nautical used to draw attention to something seen: land ho!

ORIGIN natural exclamation: first recorded in Middle English

In the US however ...
    05-23-2007 02:27 PM
    Like the little boy who wanted to be a rake when he left school, because his sister made loads of money as a :censored: ?
    05-24-2007 08:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD