Looks like Sling Media is talking to Apple.

http://news.com.com/2061-10799_3-617...-0-5&subj=news

If this works out it might be enough to push me over to the iPhone from my 750v.

Would love my slingbox to stream to my 750v through wifi so that I can exercise on my eliptical and watch TV. Wifi don't work so well on the 750.
    04-18-2007 01:53 PM
    This is so-so news. Yeah, Sling on the iPhone would be great, but not on EGDE speed. And I can personally attest that everytime I use Sling on my phone, I am not in a wifi area. In my car, at a friends house, at the Met game watching the broadcast for instant replays, etc etc.

I am just speculating, of course, and now I will go do some research in the 680 forum and hear what they have to say about their EDGE/Slingbox experiences....
    04-18-2007 03:04 PM
    This is a pergect example of why Apple should have partnered with Sprint/Verizon. Good luck watching streaming video on Cingular's slow network.
    04-18-2007 03:42 PM
    Should have read "perfect". Can't edit as I'm mobile.
    04-18-2007 03:43 PM
    Can't the apple tv box do sling??
    04-21-2007 10:38 PM
    This is a pergect example of why Apple should have partnered with Sprint/Verizon. Good luck watching streaming video on Cingular's slow network.
    Hmm I'm pretty sure cingular has a hsdpa which is faster than evdo
    I think it is Apple's fault for not making it 3G capable. I bet its a marketing ploy like they will sell millions of them and then next year introduce a "new" Iphone which is basically the same but with 3G enabled. Heck palm has been doing that sort of thing for years look at the treo its pretty much the same phone but with a few upgrades like more ram and better camera stuff like that although they still have yet to make a treo running Palm OS thats 3G capable or with WIFI.... Ok rants over
    04-25-2007 04:04 PM
    ...they (Palm) still have yet to make a treo running Palm OS thats 3G capable ...
    Small correction: the 700p and 755p are both 3g devices (evdo). I think you specifically mean a 3g GSM device with PalmOS.

And as far as HSDPA being faster than EvDO (rev 0) this is technically true but the gap closes with EvDO Rev A. Furthermore, HSDPA still has awful upload speeds (roughly 128kbps) which is addressed with Ev RevA (300-400kbps). Either way Wimax is hopefully the future
    04-25-2007 08:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD