But its not made by Apple!! No-one would want that!

On a side note, I wonder which OS it runs underneath. With so much built-in software, it could not really be a RTOS. It would have to be Linux or Windows CE or something like that.

Surur
    Yeah I have no idea either and haven't found any info on what it is all I know is

1) It's a closed OS :o
    2) They made some significant changes from their Gen 1 devices

Still, for that market they are going after (including the iPhone) this thing looks pretty solid and the reviews/previews have been very positive.
    04-11-2007 10:11 AM
    Ive read its made by the same people who made the Sidekick OS. They are keeping very quiet about it for some reason.

Surur
    04-11-2007 10:25 AM
    Yeah I have no idea either and haven't found any info on what it is all I know is

1) It's a closed OS :o
    2) They made some significant changes from their Gen 1 devices

Still, for that market they are going after (including the iPhone) this thing looks pretty solid and the reviews/previews have been very positive.
    Sounds like they're going after WM too!
    04-11-2007 01:33 PM
    Well, WM phones are smartphones, the Ocean is not, kind of like the IPhone.

Surur
    04-11-2007 01:53 PM
    Sounds like they're going after WM too!
    The only people I could see ditching WM devices for this are people who didn't really need a WM device but wanted the power/capabilities of those devices (or even a slingbox ). I mean it will support Exchange/AS which is a nice nod to some business users, but honestly this is more of a 20-something social-networking device which is a market MS is just starting to tap into with WM.

Like the iPhone I couldn't imagine anyone bringing one to a business meeting or any company supporting it for their employees.

Having said all of that I'm still intrigued and would like to at least play with one when it comes out. The messaging abilities/gps/service plan look very tempting. I kind of wish we had a WM phone in the US with all of that for that price (I'm hearing $195 w/contract).
    04-11-2007 01:59 PM
    Well, WM phones are smartphones, the Ocean is not, kind of like the IPhone.

Surur

LOL Nice 2-for-1 there!
    04-11-2007 02:33 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD