marcol

Aug 31, 2005
Visit site
Slide5.GIF

Costs?

marcol

Aug 31, 2005
Visit site
"From press release: $1.29 for premium tracks (DRM-less), $.99 for standard (DRM), and $.30 for upgrade"

Fair enough

archie

Oct 1, 2003
Visit site
Wow! music in mp3, even videos DRM free!! Great news.

Surur
Not through the iTunes Store - its 256 kbps ACC; which is way better than your MP3s :p. Plus the videos are free.

PS: I think its funny that your waiting on pins and needles to hear Steve Jobs.

marcol

Aug 31, 2005
Visit site
From the press release:

"Apple has announced that iTunes will make individual AAC format tracks available from EMI artists at twice the sound quality of existing downloads, with their DRM removed, at a price of $1.29/?1.29/?0.99. iTunes will continue to offer consumers the ability to pay $0.99/?0.99/?0.79 for standard sound quality tracks with DRM still applied."​

I wish Jobs would check the exchange rate while he's in London.

archie

Oct 1, 2003
Visit site
I can't tell the difference between any of them at 192 kbps or above.
Your not listening through an iPod then... or a Bryston BP26 fully discrete Class A operational preamplifier with a Bryston DAC, modified Carver CS1 Amplifier, NAD CD Transport, and an Adcom AC Enhancer in front of a pair of Boston Acoustics T1200s.

marcol

Aug 31, 2005
Visit site
- Q: You mentioned 2.5 million tracks available by year end... obviously that isn't just EMI...
- A: (Steve) Yes... that is our projection for other labels coming on board as well.​

So others are commited to this too? Excellent if true. If memory serves, there are currently 4 million tracks in iTunes so I guess they must have at least one more of the big four.

marcol

Aug 31, 2005
Visit site
Apple press release:

https://www.apple.com/newsroom/error.html#mn_p

If memory serves, there are currently 4 million tracks in iTunes so I guess they must have at least one more of the big four.
Slight correction (info from the Apple press release) - 5 million tracks, not 4:

The iTunes Store features the world’s largest catalog with over five million songs, 350 television shows and over 400 movies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR