Apple Should Pull the iPhone (cbs marketwatch)

Pearl_Diva

Mar 24, 2005
Visit site
All joking aside, I just have to remind everyone that the profit margin for perfumes is huge, just huge. Britney Spears made over 30 million dollars selling her line of perfume and sales have been dropping a lot.

An average store will markup perfume 100% as soon as it hits the sales floor. Most of the cost for perfume is money spent on marketing; the actual cost to produce the product is pennies.

With profits like this and the Apple media machine already set up can Steve really afford to dismiss an idea outright?

I think T-shirts for Apple lovers would be better for Apple. T-shirts sold in their stores would sell, I think.

Perfume is out there for a tech company. But maybe it could work. You never know.

bloodycape77

May 27, 2006
Visit site
I frequent and Apple forum. And even when Apple does something wrong the fans hate to admit Apple did wrong. Apple perfume is odd, but t-shirts, pants, glasses or even shoes maybe more like it. But I guess we will have to see what Apple will do next and how well the iPhone will do.

RICHINMJ

May 28, 2004
Visit site
All joking aside, I just have to remind everyone that the profit margin for perfumes is huge, just huge. Britney Spears made over 30 million dollars selling her line of perfume and sales have been dropping a lot.

An average store will markup perfume 100% as soon as it hits the sales floor. Most of the cost for perfume is money spent on marketing; the actual cost to produce the product is pennies.

With profits like this and the Apple media machine already set up can Steve really afford to dismiss an idea outright?

Don't want anything that smells like Britney now.

Earless Puppy

May 6, 2009
Visit site
more like, wow I suck at my job, just shows how people just guess and the people right are touted as smart and the ones that guess wrong, move on quickly and never mention their guess... I would love to see his batting average across the whole year...

sangs

Trusted Member
Sep 18, 2009
Visit site
I used to read Dvorak when he wrote for PC Weekly or PC Magazine years ago. He was rarely correct then either. One of my favorites was when he guaranteed that DSL service would completely overshadow cable internet.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro