yes, that is all i have in my "iTunes library." my cd collection is another story.
    Dont you rip your CD's?

And many times I don't know what my needs are until I have used a product from Apple.

No, it is not because I drink the Kool-Aid.
    Sure Archie, I believe you....

Surur
    03-27-2007 04:33 PM
    Dont you rip your CD's?

Surur
    no, i do not. one day maybe i will. the library that i have assembled on iTunes is what i would consider "hand picked" and "my most favorite" of all the music i own. my cd collection is mainly comprised of genres that i don't care to listen to, today. it is best enjoyed on a fine home audio system.

regards
    03-27-2007 05:06 PM
    no, i do not. one day maybe i will. the library that i have assembled on iTunes is what i would consider "hand picked" and "my most favorite" of all the music i own. my cd collection is mainly comprised of genres that i don't care to listen to, today. it is best enjoyed on a fine home audio system.

regards
    You are clearly not a digital packrat.

Surur
    03-27-2007 05:17 PM
    CDs aren't digital these days? How times move on...

Archie, do you have sales numbers for the different Nanos? I think I'm right in saying Apple themselves don't release numbers for different iPod models so I guess these must from a third party. A quick Google wasn't very helpful but I've been looking at the Amazon Top Sellers list here:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers...mUvbUpU1227863

for a while now. The 30 and 80 GB iPods mostly seem to be above the Nanos and even taking into account the larger numbers of 4 GB models (each colour model is listed separately) I haven't seen anything to make me think that the 4 GB Nanos are the most popular (with Amazon buyers).

Off topic, I started looking at the Amazon list because it was discussed in relation to Zune sales. All Zunes have been outside of the top 100 for a while now (despite a $50 price cut) and are way behind the the equivalent (30 GB) iPod (which is consistently in the top 10, often first).
    03-28-2007 06:33 AM
    YOU HAD THE iPOD SET TO SHUFFLE AND YOU HAD 2 SONGS PLAYED IN A ROW FROM THE SAME GENRE?!?!

I'm not sure what to say...
    No, 5. Since I asked it to shuffle ALL music at that time, 5 in a row should not have happened. Also, I got 3 of the same artist in a row yesterday. Now I have to rearrange my playlists again. It did fine on one shuffled playlist and screwed up the next.
    03-28-2007 08:37 AM
    I'm sure you personally have said it before, but the people here on TreoCentral are a small slice of the many phone (gadget) users, numbering in the billions worldwide. Their needs do not constitute a majority. The members of TreoCentral do not see where the future is going because they are too enamored with specs. Specs do not reveal the usage of a phone.

I suppose I should step off my soap box now because this post is becoming overly analytical and perhaps inappropriate for this particular thread.

Now you can curse me for seemingly insulting TreoCentral users.
    Interesting.

Then what do you say about HoFo members(I'm also one of those), who are even quicker to jump on new phones with new technology?

They do see where the future is going because they're more likely buy phones made for Europe or Asia, which are far ahead of the US. They look at specs too.
    03-28-2007 08:47 AM
    CDs aren't digital these days? How times move on...

Archie, do you have sales numbers for the different Nanos? I think I'm right in saying Apple themselves don't release numbers for different iPod models so I guess these must from a third party. A quick Google wasn't very helpful but I've been looking at the Amazon Top Sellers list here:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers...mUvbUpU1227918

for a while now. The 30 and 80 GB iPods mostly seem to be above the Nanos and even taking into account the larger numbers of 4 GB models (each colour model is listed separately) I haven't seen anything to make me think that the 4 GB Nanos are the most popular (with Amazon buyers).

Off topic, I started looking at the Amazon list because it was discussed in relation to Zune sales. All Zunes have been outside of the top 100 for a while now (despite a $50 price cut) and are way behind the the equivalent (30 GB) iPod (which is consistently in the top 10, often first).
    Looking on the local Craig's List(keep in mind LOCAL, so take with grain of salt), I see more 30GB iPods, then Nanos as 2nd. 30GB black seems to be the most bought and/or traded iPod here in Chicago, IL USA.
    03-28-2007 08:56 AM
107 ... 345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD