Price Break: $299 and $399 for 4GB, 8GB iPhone models w/ Contract

Pearl_Diva

Mar 24, 2005
Visit site
Well slide out keyboards are only good for texting anyway. But the 8525 is also fully featured. More so than the iPhone at this time. Tri-band UMTS and guaranteed use of third party apps put the TyTN ahead of the iPhone in terms of usability for me.

archie

Oct 1, 2003
Visit site
Haven't read much of this thread but I guarantee Apple will not be cutting the iPhone price anytime soon. They want the iphone to have a high dollar amount to infer quality in this all-in-one device to give consumers confidence. Some refer to this as a zero-sum heuristic.
The latest iPhone commercial, shown tonight at the Academy Awards, uses 'association' to also project quality.

oalvarez

Apr 25, 2004
Visit site
Well slide out keyboards are only good for texting anyway. But the 8525 is also fully featured. More so than the iPhone at this time. Tri-band UMTS and guaranteed use of third party apps put the TyTN ahead of the iPhone in terms of usability for me.

the 8525 is also 6.2 ounces if my memory serves me....ugh!

Pearl_Diva

Mar 24, 2005
Visit site
What people forget about the 8525: it's a mini-computer. It also can't be super thin with all those radios(at least not in 2007). Remember it has tri-band UMTS, quad-band GSM and EDGE, wifi, and BT radios. Plus the powerful processor. Touchscreen might also add to thickness. Not to mention the full keyboard. They may have been able to go a bit thinner but I bet not by much.

I have small and/or thin phones too. No touchscreen and/or no keyboard. No wifi either on some. Something gets sacrificed for the size. And if they do manage to make it with most of that but thin, battery life then suffers and no one is happy AGAIN! We b*&#h too much, LOL!

Malatesta

Jan 19, 2006
Visit site
That's why until we get "fuel cells" or some revolutionary battery technology all of these "converged" devices are just trade offs.

Although any PDA device today can be a music/video player, I don't want to have to think about conserving for my phone or email which is more important, so I carry my Nano around instead. And since the iPhone doesn't stray too far from this I'm very interested to see how people actually end up using it.

Even the iPhone is too heavy for me now (4.8oz is not too far off from 6.2).

The Moto Q is 4.1 oz. which feels just right.

Certs

Mar 13, 2005
www.myspace.com
That's why until we get "fuel cells" or some revolutionary battery technology all of these "converged" devices are just trade offs.

Although any PDA device today can be a music/video player, I don't want to have to think about conserving for my phone or email which is more important, so I carry my Nano around instead. And since the iPhone doesn't stray too far from this I'm very interested to see how people actually end up using it.

Even the iPhone is too heavy for me now (4.8oz is not too far off from 6.2).

The Moto Q is 4.1 oz. which feels just right.

I have to agree, the blackjack I have is simliar weight and slightly thinner, and I love it.

How much? I DLed WM6 onto my 8525 late last night, set it up with all of my programs, and STILL brought my BJ to work today. Absolutely loving the form factor/usability. I never thought I would say that (give me another month lol)

taroliw

Apr 5, 2005
www.billsden.org
Getting back to the cost issue, I saw this just today:

STUDY: CONSUMERS NOT WILLING TO PAY $500 FOR IPHONE

Consumers aren't willing to pay what Apple may ask for
the iPhone, but if the price drops they'll switch their mobile
service to AT&T in order to get it, according to results of a survey
released Thursday.

Full story here

Trending Posts

Members online