Rumors: Leopard Top Secret Features

KMeloney

Mar 4, 2005
Visit site
I think you miss my point. With a Treo (or any other PDA phone with a consolidated keyboard and navigation pointer like the 5-way) you can use it 1-handed...typically without even having to look at the screen or the keys.

Makes sense. I see what you're saying. I guess I probably look at my Treo before each activity on it, and probably throughout the activity. But I understand what you're saying.

If you come from the world of one handed, tiny phone operation (like the ~30 friends I mentioned) with a wholly separate music device for when you want to listen to music (because who wants to do both of those activities at the same time anyway?), then you don't see any use for the iPhone...as a phone replacement. They are all, to a person, exceedingly interested in an iPod replacement that can do the things they saw Stevie J do with his iPhone...but they don't want to make phone calls on it or pay $600 for it. :eek:

Hmm... This makes sense, too. Right now, I have the Treo and an iPod. I can't really imagine "replacing" the iPod with the iPhone for the purpose of being my main music source -- $600 would be really expensive for an iPod (or at least for if to maybe become damaged while only using it for music -- I'd rather bang up my iPod while mowing the lawn while listening to IT)...

For me, the Mac-to-iPhone-to-Mac integration while being a really good phone would be the selling point for me. The music aspect is a bonus. But if it didn't make calls well, or didn't offer a better exchange of info and overall use experience than the Treo, then I'll be waiting on it.

/< / /2 /<

bigwalton

Jan 30, 2001
Visit site
No, Apple thinks they do everything best; they wouldn't allow another email program.

Marc

I understand that, but it doesn't make me any happier to read it :(

I had this hope that I'd have Chatter on my iphone someday... that would be sweet, sweet bliss!

I'm a Mac user that uses Entourage over Mail because it handles the way I have email set up better (and it's entirely due to my desire to use Chatter and IMAP with my Treo even though both my work and personal email accounts are POP ;) )

Apple doesn't have the best piece of software out there for everyone to use for everything. They are very good at getting things 90% there and great for almost all of their target audience though. And they make things very pretty :)

But this user was hoping that it would be popular enough to make it worth you dealing with Apple and their hoops/control to bring Chatter to that phone...

You know, considering that Palm is doomed now and all ;)