More Iphone competition

surur

Aug 6, 2005
Visit site
those sliders make me shiver! too much of a hassle given my needs

if the treo's form factor is so wonderful to so many (including you Lady Phone), how could the slideout keyboard be even better? is it?

maybe i'll start a poll!

I dont think most people think its better for speedy navigation and one-handed usage, not to mention keeping the size down, but its certainly better for large text entry. Different courses for different horses.

Surur

Pearl_Diva

Mar 24, 2005
Visit site
those sliders make me shiver! too much of a hassle given my needs

if the treo's form factor is so wonderful to so many (including you Lady Phone), how could the slideout keyboard be even better? is it?

maybe i'll start a poll!

Only for lots of texting and email, although I use the onscreen keyboard more. And I still get Sidekick Syndrome, LOL! But it isn't as horrible as I thought.

marcol

Aug 31, 2005
Visit site
You have to slide the EM-ONE just to get at the navigator? No 'Call', 'Call End', or buttons mapped to the softkeys? Those are really curious design decisions. Also, where is the speaker you're supposed to hold to your ear? The slot towards the bottom left in the pics Surur linked? Very odd that it's not centred. Are we sure this is even a phone, at least one designed to be held up to your head?

The Toshiba looks much better. My one experience with one of these sliders, a T-Mobile Vario II (TyTN equivalent), was pretty awful but that was due HTC's hardware rather than the design per se. I hope Toshiba have done a better job. Might be worth a look. Anyone know any more specs? Size? GPS chip?

surur

Aug 6, 2005
Visit site
The EM-ONE is not a phone per se. Its more like those notebooks with HSDPA PCMCIA cards. In a way that just acknowledges how awkward these large screen devices are to use as phones. I guess the message is to use this 800x480 screen for your web, e-mail, documents and TV watching, and stick to your small flip phone for phone calls. Its basically a connected PDA.

Surur

oalvarez

Apr 25, 2004
Visit site
I dont think most people think its better for speedy navigation and one-handed usage, not to mention keeping the size down, but its certainly better for large text entry. Different courses for different horses.

Surur

i understand your point. i text and reply constantly to emails and would not have to perform the functions associated with sliding out a keyboard/flipping it around every time i had to do so. that is what i am saying and why slideouts don't work for me.

yes, different needs.

oalvarez

Apr 25, 2004
Visit site
Only for lots of texting and email, although I use the onscreen keyboard more. And I still get Sidekick Syndrome, LOL! But it isn't as horrible as I thought.

i guess the tradeoff isn't there for me. the more i have to text and reply to emails the less i would want to have to deal with a slideout and turning it around.

i'm sure it's not horrible but hardly sounds efficient.

regards

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice