More Iphone competition

archie

Oct 1, 2003
Visit site
I know what DMB is, it just wasn't listed on the page that I found. Thank you for providing that translated Korean based web page.

Yes, perhaps my Google skills are not very high, but I still see no mention of an internet browser on your link. Is there something missing in the translation that I am not seeing?

surur

Aug 6, 2005
Visit site
Yes, perhaps my Google skills are not very high, but I still see no mention of an internet browser on your link. Is there something missing in the translation that I am not seeing?

Somethings go without saying. All phones have browsers these days.

Surur

archie

Oct 1, 2003
Visit site
Archie, its sad really. The IPhone sounds so left behind these days.

Surur
Never mind that the iPhone has twice the screen resolution, no need for further SD expansion with it already containing 8 GB built in ($300 savings right there) and touch sensor is not the same as multi-touch, which is what Apple has.

As far as DMB goes, Apple has the iTS model. They favor the time/place shifting model which is unavailable to this phone you list. But of course, one could always rely on Apple's internet browser to get broadcasted content - which you apparently cannot do with your phone. And don't even get me started with the multitude of supported media types (ie: AAC, support for Apple's omnipresent Fairplay, MP3, VBRs, Apple Lossless, AIFF, WAV, and importing/converting of WMF, MPEG2, MPEG4 and .h264).

Not to mention the interface.

surur

Aug 6, 2005
Visit site
Archie, the IPhone is cool, no denying. Its just not the greatest phone in the world. This phone isn't either. It has some great features however, and should put the IPhone in perspective, which is the point of the whole thread.

Surur

json

Feb 11, 2006
Visit site
no need for further SD expansion with it already containing 8 GB built in ($300 savings right there)

can't you get 8 gig cards now for like $80.00 to use on treo's? with a hack of course
???does that mean were paying $300.00 for a 80 gig hard drive???
an 80 gig hard drive with a touch screen

bruckwine

Nov 25, 2006
Visit site
can't you get 8 gig cards now for like $80.00 to use on treo's? with a hack of course
???does that mean were paying $300.00 for a 80 gig hard drive???
an 80 gig hard drive with a touch screen

Archie seemed to have been confused there I agree as the iPhone only has 8 GB comparable to what ppl are using now with treos...an 8 GB SD Transcend card cost less than $150 (and that's exaggerating as I'm sure some are around for less than $100)... so in essence Apple's version of 8 GB storage costs over $300 and is non-expandable/switchable

EDIT: 8 GB SDHC prices - I need to get me one! http://shopper.cnet.com/Transcend_flash_memory_card_8_GB_SDHC/4014-3233_9-32169016.html

P.S. ANOTHER clone coming out?? Mezius M8

http://www.engadget.com/2007/01/29/meizus-m8-apple-lawyers-start-your-engines/

surur

Aug 6, 2005
Visit site
meizu_m8.jpg

Lets see - removable battery, 3G with video conferencing, 3 megapixel camera, higher resolution 720x480 screen, runs Win CE 6, does both CDMA and GSM. I guess its not an Iphone competitor after all, its much too good. :D :D :D

Surur

archie

Oct 1, 2003
Visit site
Archie seemed to have been confused there I agree as the iPhone only has 8 GB comparable to what ppl are using now with treos...an 8 GB SD Transcend card cost less than $150
Yes, I was confused. Sorry.

I haven't priced SD cards for a while - I've stopped buying them. Frankly, I am sick of suffling them around and never knowing exactly where they are. I would be much happier if the memory that I need is always just there.

archie

Oct 1, 2003
Visit site
meizu_m8.jpg

Lets see - removable battery, 3G with video conferencing, 3 megapixel camera, higher resolution 720x480 screen, runs Win CE 6, does both CDMA and GSM. I guess its not an Iphone competitor after all, its much too good. :D :D :D

Surur
Keep dreaming.

marcol

Aug 31, 2005
Visit site
Too good to be true maybe. Is there any evidence at all that this will ever be anything more than a drawing?

archie

Oct 1, 2003
Visit site
There is evidence that it IS nothing more than a drawing!

One word: Microsoft.

Microsoft will never have the resources to pull something like this off in this decade. And assuming they could, Apple would never let them get away with it this time.

Why would they bother listing radio specs that are not even being used yet: TD-SCDMA. At best that's a year and half out yet.

marcol

Aug 31, 2005
Visit site
Actually looking at it some more...

Isn't it strange that how the main app icon layout is just the same as the iPhone (11 out of a possible 16 spaces are filled) and strange how the four app icons at the bottom of the screen are in the same order as on the iPhone (phone, mail, browser, music player)?

CAPS12601092127-big.jpg

Convergent evolution is a remarkable thing :rolleyes:

surur

Aug 6, 2005
Visit site
Microsoft will never have the resources to pull something like this off in this decade. And assuming they could, Apple would never let them get away with it this time.

Archie, there is nothing magical about the IPhone. Its not technology dropped of by a passing starship. 4 years ago I was also using a large touch screen with few buttons, and launching programs from icons.

IMG_2172.jpg

I really appreciate having buttons and keyboard these days.

Surur

archie

Oct 1, 2003
Visit site
Archie, there is nothing magical about the IPhone. Its not technology dropped of by a passing starship. 4 years ago I was also using a large touch screen with few buttons, and launching programs from icons.
I don't care for your attitude of consistently belittling my posts by extrapolating and projecting what it is that you wish to make of my words.

Intended example: I do not believe that the iPhone holds such power and mystery that it could not have possibly come from our world.

What I do believe is that you are an idiot!!!!

I do agree that simply being able to touch the screen and open applications with icons is not a feat. What you are missing is that Apple has designed the iPhone interface with context sensitivity, providing smoothly transforming control surfaces. It uses appropriate and usable visual cues to make up the slickest user interface I have ever seen. This is no overstatement.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox