More Iphone competition

surur

Aug 6, 2005
Visit site
EV_KD370_1_jpg

Already available on certain Canon cameras, the automatic image rotation on screen (landscape to portrait) now arrives on the latest KTF DMB phone, the EV-KD370. Thanks to its movement sensor, you can rotate your videos on screen. In MP3 player mode, this cool feature also allows you to switch tracks by simply shaking the phone.

Oh look, a motion sensor to orientate the screen. And coming to the market before the Iphone too. 5 years certainly goes past very fast these days.

Surur

marcol

Aug 31, 2005
Visit site
I hope they screwed up faking the screens in that pic and people don't really look fatter or thinner just because you rotate the device. Noticeably not a problem for the iPhone as demoed in the keynote :)

bcaslis#IM

Jun 18, 2002
caslis.com
Only you could think that thing is competition for an iPhone simply because it rotates the screen image.

Big deal.

Oh look, a motion sensor to orientate the screen. And coming to the market before the Iphone too. 5 years certainly goes past very fast these days.

Surur

surur

Aug 6, 2005
Visit site
Well, it also makes phone calls and plays mp3's. Not to mention I bet it has a calculator and a browser. And guess what, it can do over the air digital broadcast TV too. Removal storage and hard keys too. Hey, its better than the IPhone!

More seriously, you may not think this is competition to the IPhone, but when the IPhone eventually ends up in Asia its little gimmicks will be even less impressive.

Surur

Pearl_Diva

Mar 24, 2005
Visit site
Well, it also makes phone calls and plays mp3's. Not to mention I bet it has a calculator and a browser. And guess what, it can do over the air digital broadcast TV too. Removal storage and hard keys too. Hey, its better than the IPhone!

More seriously, you may not think this is competition to the IPhone, but when the IPhone eventually ends up in Asia its little gimmicks will be even less impressive.

Surur

I have to agreee that Asia's phones slam many others into the ground!!

oalvarez

Apr 25, 2004
Visit site
the keyboard doesn't even look "smart-key." but notice how she is selling you the fact that it takes "two" of these things to get the job done and she's wearing a smile so that must mean that she's content with having to carry both of them around.

i'm happy that she's happy

vw2002

Aug 9, 2004
Visit site
no way, surur. that doesn't hold a candle to the iphone design. incidentally, you seem to be obsessed with the iphone - day and night its seems you try thinking up ways to discredit it.
you probably see this thing in your dreams too.
cripes, put the iphone down and step away from the device for while. sheesh! enough about it already!

surur

Aug 6, 2005
Visit site
The last time I posted in this thread was 3 days ago. I think Olvarez is much more obsessed with defending this vapourware than I am discrediting it. At least you are now aware there is another phone that changes screen orientation based on a sensor, and is hopefully slightly less awed by the smoke and mirror show that is the Iphone.

Surur

oalvarez

Apr 25, 2004
Visit site
surer says of me: "obsessed with defending the iphone"

if "looking forward to the release of the iphone" and "still uncertain about the virtual keyboard" are obsessive remarks i'd hate to know how you label those with more real and undying opinions about the device.

in all actuality, you are the obsessed one. you just don't know it, but we do.

you are funny man, real funny. keep spinnin' it!

looking forward to the release of the iphone because it's ok to.

Pearl_Diva

Mar 24, 2005
Visit site
Vaporware with the screen size close to a postage stamp.Iphone competition .... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
What are we smokin?

That's not really fair. How do you know it's vaporware? Have you been to Asia lately? If she has the protoypes in her hand, maybe there's indeed something to it.

Anyway, it looks like LG Chocolate competition more than iPhone.

archie

Oct 1, 2003
Visit site

Surur
I just checked at news.softpedia.com and the phone DOESN'T have a browser and it DOESN'T have over the air digital broadcast TV. It DOESN'T even list any removable storage feature BUT it DOES have a dictionary so you got that goin' for ya'.

surur

Aug 6, 2005
Visit site
I just checked at news.softpedia.com and the phone DOESN'T have a browser and it DOESN'T have over the air digital broadcast TV. It DOESN'T even list any removable storage feature BUT it DOES have a dictionary so you got that goin' for ya'.

Archie Archie Archie... So faithful to Apple, so often wrong....

You clearly dont know what DMB is ....

Anyway, feel free to educate yourself further, and why dont you improve your google skills also.

It uses microSD expansion (better than Iphone!), has an office viewer (hey, better than the IPhone!), has carrier-based navigation (better than the IPhone!), digital TV (better than the IPhone!), touch sensors, you can answer the phone by shaking it, or go to the next track by shaking it, etc etc. Only $450, available now!
http://translate.google.com/transla...ult&prev=/search?q=EV-KD370+sd&hl=en&safe=off

Archie, its sad really. The IPhone sounds so left behind these days.

Surur

Pearl_Diva

Mar 24, 2005
Visit site
Not for the US. That may be the reason people are so happy over here. We don't get anything this good. The carriers water down the phones and limit selection. What you may not realize as a UK citizen is you have better phones to begin with than the US, so maybe that's why the iPhone is no big deal to you.

I've seen UK carrier phone line-ups, they put US carriers to shame.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro