I have to agree with Vinman that the catty fighting should stop. You can have a civil discussion even while disagreeing with each other.
    02-23-2007 08:13 PM
    NICE!!! Too bad we won't see them here, I bet.
    If sliders start getting accepted in Japan, it means they could be here to stay.
    I agree! I saw this thing a few days ago and it left me drooling!! Whatever site I saw that EM device on suggested that it would probably never see the good 'ol US of A. Seems to be a trend. At least we'll get the iPhone - regardless of what some think of it, I think I'll have to get one!

By the way, are you still "testing" the 8125? The reason I ask is that one of the things I dislike the most is the lack of number keys within the keyboard (the way the Treo is laid out). The 8525 has that feature. I'm just waiting on 3G to jump on that train. Both my lines will be eligible for upgrade before the iPhone June-apalooza...
    02-23-2007 08:43 PM
    I haven't used the keyboard as much as I should, even though I text a lot. There are number keys on the top line. You have to, I think, press the dot to change over to numbers.
    02-23-2007 08:56 PM
    Questions?

Does anyone know if the Meizu will be sold in the U.S.?
    Is this phone being tested by any of the U.S. carriers?
    Furthermore, could this phone pass all of the strict standards of U.S. carriers?
    I think last I heard the phone will support GSM and CDMA or was it just a WCDMA phone?
    02-23-2007 09:24 PM
    those sliders make me shiver! too much of a hassle given my needs

if the treo's form factor is so wonderful to so many (including you Lady Phone), how could the slideout keyboard be even better? is it?

maybe i'll start a poll!
    02-23-2007 11:19 PM
    I think she mentioned she doesn't use the slideout kb that much. I think I can understand why.
    02-24-2007 12:47 AM

if the treo's form factor is so wonderful to so many (including you Lady Phone), how could the slideout keyboard be even better? is it?

maybe i'll start a poll!
    I dont think most people think its better for speedy navigation and one-handed usage, not to mention keeping the size down, but its certainly better for large text entry. Different courses for different horses.

Surur
    02-24-2007 03:44 AM

maybe i'll start a poll!
    Only for lots of texting and email, although I use the onscreen keyboard more. And I still get Sidekick Syndrome, LOL! But it isn't as horrible as I thought.
    02-24-2007 03:58 AM
    You have to slide the EM-ONE just to get at the navigator? No 'Call', 'Call End', or buttons mapped to the softkeys? Those are really curious design decisions. Also, where is the speaker you're supposed to hold to your ear? The slot towards the bottom left in the pics Surur linked? Very odd that it's not centred. Are we sure this is even a phone, at least one designed to be held up to your head?

The Toshiba looks much better. My one experience with one of these sliders, a T-Mobile Vario II (TyTN equivalent), was pretty awful but that was due HTC's hardware rather than the design per se. I hope Toshiba have done a better job. Might be worth a look. Anyone know any more specs? Size? GPS chip?
    02-24-2007 05:19 AM
    The EM-ONE is not a phone per se. Its more like those notebooks with HSDPA PCMCIA cards. In a way that just acknowledges how awkward these large screen devices are to use as phones. I guess the message is to use this 800x480 screen for your web, e-mail, documents and TV watching, and stick to your small flip phone for phone calls. Its basically a connected PDA.

Surur
    02-24-2007 05:25 AM
    Thanks. One device too many for me, and most here I'd guess.
    02-24-2007 05:54 AM
    I dont think most people think its better for speedy navigation and one-handed usage, not to mention keeping the size down, but its certainly better for large text entry. Different courses for different horses.

Surur
    i understand your point. i text and reply constantly to emails and would not have to perform the functions associated with sliding out a keyboard/flipping it around every time i had to do so. that is what i am saying and why slideouts don't work for me.

yes, different needs.
    02-24-2007 09:47 AM
    Only for lots of texting and email, although I use the onscreen keyboard more. And I still get Sidekick Syndrome, LOL! But it isn't as horrible as I thought.
    i guess the tradeoff isn't there for me. the more i have to text and reply to emails the less i would want to have to deal with a slideout and turning it around.

i'm sure it's not horrible but hardly sounds efficient.

regards
    02-24-2007 09:49 AM
188 ... 678
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD