no need for further SD expansion with it already containing 8 GB built in ($300 savings right there)
    can't you get 8 gig cards now for like $80.00 to use on treo's? with a hack of course
    ???does that mean were paying $300.00 for a 80 gig hard drive???
    an 80 gig hard drive with a touch screen
    01-26-2007 03:11 PM
    can't you get 8 gig cards now for like $80.00 to use on treo's? with a hack of course
    ???does that mean were paying $300.00 for a 80 gig hard drive???
    an 80 gig hard drive with a touch screen
    Archie seemed to have been confused there I agree as the iPhone only has 8 GB comparable to what ppl are using now with treos...an 8 GB SD Transcend card cost less than $150 (and that's exaggerating as I'm sure some are around for less than $100)... so in essence Apple's version of 8 GB storage costs over $300 and is non-expandable/switchable

EDIT: 8 GB SDHC prices - I need to get me one! http://shopper.cnet.com/Transcend_fl...-32169016.html

P.S. ANOTHER clone coming out?? Mezius M8

http://www.engadget.com/2007/01/29/m...-your-engines/
    01-29-2007 10:18 AM

Lets see - removable battery, 3G with video conferencing, 3 megapixel camera, higher resolution 720x480 screen, runs Win CE 6, does both CDMA and GSM. I guess its not an Iphone competitor after all, its much too good.

Surur
    01-29-2007 10:31 AM
    Archie seemed to have been confused there I agree as the iPhone only has 8 GB comparable to what ppl are using now with treos...an 8 GB SD Transcend card cost less than $150
    Yes, I was confused. Sorry.

I haven't priced SD cards for a while - I've stopped buying them. Frankly, I am sick of suffling them around and never knowing exactly where they are. I would be much happier if the memory that I need is always just there.
    01-29-2007 12:27 PM

Lets see - removable battery, 3G with video conferencing, 3 megapixel camera, higher resolution 720x480 screen, runs Win CE 6, does both CDMA and GSM. I guess its not an Iphone competitor after all, its much too good.

Surur
    Keep dreaming.
    01-29-2007 12:28 PM
    Too good to be true maybe. Is there any evidence at all that this will ever be anything more than a drawing?
    01-29-2007 12:37 PM
    There is evidence that it IS nothing more than a drawing!

One word: Microsoft.

Microsoft will never have the resources to pull something like this off in this decade. And assuming they could, Apple would never let them get away with it this time.

Why would they bother listing radio specs that are not even being used yet: TD-SCDMA. At best that's a year and half out yet.
    01-29-2007 12:41 PM
    Actually looking at it some more...

Isn't it strange that how the main app icon layout is just the same as the iPhone (11 out of a possible 16 spaces are filled) and strange how the four app icons at the bottom of the screen are in the same order as on the iPhone (phone, mail, browser, music player)?

Convergent evolution is a remarkable thing
    01-29-2007 12:47 PM
    The link to companies website. http://www.meizu.com/bbs/dispbbs.asp...&skin=0&Star=1

They have been making mp3 for a while and had plans to bring out a flash based mp3/pmp with windows ce.
    More info and pics.
    http://www.dapreview.net/comment.php?comment.news.3856
    01-29-2007 02:01 PM
    Microsoft will never have the resources to pull something like this off in this decade. And assuming they could, Apple would never let them get away with it this time.
    Archie, there is nothing magical about the IPhone. Its not technology dropped of by a passing starship. 4 years ago I was also using a large touch screen with few buttons, and launching programs from icons.

I really appreciate having buttons and keyboard these days.

Surur
    01-29-2007 02:07 PM
    The link to companies website. http://www.meizu.com/bbs/dispbbs.asp...&skin=0&Star=1

They have been making mp3 for a while and had plans to bring out a flash based mp3/pmp with windows ce.
    More info and pics.
    http://www.dapreview.net/comment.php?comment.news.3856
    Are you serious?

It's a fan's concept!! It isn't real!!
    01-29-2007 02:09 PM
    Archie, there is nothing magical about the IPhone. Its not technology dropped of by a passing starship. 4 years ago I was also using a large touch screen with few buttons, and launching programs from icons.
    I don't care for your attitude of consistently belittling my posts by extrapolating and projecting what it is that you wish to make of my words.

Intended example: I do not believe that the iPhone holds such power and mystery that it could not have possibly come from our world.

What I do believe is that you are an *****!!!!

I do agree that simply being able to touch the screen and open applications with icons is not a feat. What you are missing is that Apple has designed the iPhone interface with context sensitivity, providing smoothly transforming control surfaces. It uses appropriate and usable visual cues to make up the slickest user interface I have ever seen. This is no overstatement.
    01-29-2007 02:22 PM
    Where's the QWERTY?
    01-29-2007 02:36 PM
    I don't care for your attitude of consistently belittling my posts by extrapolating and projecting what it is that you wish to make of my words.:cry::cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

What I do believe is that you are an *****!!!!
    Sensitive much?

Surur
    01-29-2007 02:54 PM
    That's what I'm talking about. ^ ^ ^ ^ ^

Thanks.
    01-29-2007 03:05 PM
    A reminder to all: PERSONAL ATTACKS WILL NOT BE TOLERATED!
    01-29-2007 04:58 PM
    A reminder to all: PERSONAL ATTACKS WILL NOT BE TOLERATED!
    Thank you.

On another note, PCs are better than Macs. Discuss.
    01-29-2007 05:45 PM
    01-29-2007 07:53 PM
    01-29-2007 07:57 PM
    Thank you.

Hiyas, TastyP....hope all is well. i used to think that pc's were better than macs until i purchased my first macbook pro. i have been building my own pc's (gaming rigs) for years now. while robust and built with name brand components (all still running, hand-me-downs now) they've had their issues along the way. i'm so surprised and impressed by the macbook pro (2.31ghz, 2gb ram, ati 256mb gaming card) and what it can do that i would actually buy apple/mac computers here on out. i just love their design and what they can do, today (duo core chips, gaming able video cards, ability to run windows if u want it to).

my .02!

take care
    01-29-2007 09:01 PM
    Thank you.

Only in terms of software availability. For some reason, many developers think everyone is on Windows only. :thumbsdn:

I'd have moved to Mac long ago IF software developers at the time weren't so slow in realizing people actually use Macs. I had a few programs that were necessities and there were no Mac versions. NOW there are, but now I've invested too much in PC software.

I'd have to start over from scratch at some expense. We'll see, I'm still considering it. But then some of my phones will not sync with Mac.
    01-29-2007 10:30 PM
    ^Remember Lady, Macs can now run Windows via the mac os (x10?) op system so you would be able to run your windows based software programs.

regards
    01-29-2007 11:32 PM
    For some reason, many developers think everyone is on Windows only. :thumbsdn:

I'd have moved to Mac long ago IF software developers at the time weren't so slow in realizing people actually use Macs.
    I suspect with only a ~4% of the worldwide OS market (compared to Windows ~86%), Mac commercial software development remains a shaky business proposition at best.
    01-30-2007 12:23 AM
    Several companies have made both Windows and Mac versions. That's no longer an excuse.
    01-30-2007 12:29 AM
    Several companies have made both Windows and Mac versions. That's no longer an excuse.
    Clearly you're not in the commercial software industry - it's a significant excuse. Profitability with a Windows software package has no bearing on how that software will be accepted on a Mac - even with the traditional Mac software additional markups. It's generally more profitable and less risky to focus on one platform - and Windows is the dominant platform to focus on. And it's not as it a program written for Windows is easily ported over to OSX.
    01-30-2007 12:36 AM
188 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD