View Poll Results:

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
  • 0 0%
    given a 30day return policy, how many of you plan to purchase one with the intent of "trying it out" for that time period?
    01-23-2007 07:55 AM
    I don't know. Cingular's policies are beginning to make me unhappy. I hope it's a false alarm about them pulling unlocked 680s off the market(see the 680 forum). Then there's the reps pulling a fast one with people's plans. That one's been confirmed.
    01-23-2007 08:08 AM
    I think i'd rather test it out in a store even if I have to go back several times...these contracts are always hard tog et out of and all the fine print...it's the same with anything/anyone though and not exclusive to cingular...always some fee invovled or some loophole for them to charge you!
    01-23-2007 08:12 AM
    I would love to play with one, but from what I know already it wont meet my needs. Who knows, maybe when it comes to UK at the end of the year things will look different.

Surur
    01-23-2007 08:15 AM
    i personally have never had a problem walking back into any cellular retailer to return the respective product within their 14-30 day return policies.

back to the poll!
    01-23-2007 11:48 AM
    I would love to play with one, but from what I know already it wont meet my needs. Who knows, maybe when it comes to UK at the end of the year things will look different.
    My thoughts too. I'm sure I'll have a play but a whole lot of boxes would have to be checked before I'd part with the cash. Carrier with decent data prices, 3G, touchscreen (incl. keyboard) usabilty, apps to meet my needs, decent battery life, call quality, device cost, etc, etc. All the usual stuff. I guess one of the advantages of being in the UK is having several months to read user reports from the US before temptation sets in
    01-23-2007 12:11 PM
    i look at it this way: i don't mind the cost of carry....if i like it, if it meets my needs and all else remains constant, then i'd keep it.

if i don't like it i'll return it. trying it out in the store doesn't work for me. it's got to be put through all of the daily paces and random activities.
    01-23-2007 12:19 PM
    As long as the carrier is Cingular, I won't be interested in trying out or purchasing, unless those who post here who do try out the iPhone rave about it.
    01-23-2007 12:56 PM
    Try nothing, I'm buying the iPhone!
    01-23-2007 01:07 PM
    i personally have never had a problem walking back into any cellular retailer to return the respective product within their 14-30 day return policies.

back to the poll!
    But the problem here is, the iPhone will be tied to only ATT and so that needs to be taken in as a factor. People are going to be stuck with a carrier for this phone.
    01-23-2007 01:15 PM
    Yikes. The hassle of signing up for a new number or moving my old one for a phone that I don't want? No thanks. :-)
    01-23-2007 03:01 PM
    In Northern New England Cingular coverage is between spotty and nonexistant. All the iPhone toting inside-the-495 beltway techies are going to be +issed when they find that they have no signal at their favorite ski mountains. No signal at Killington. None at Attitash. None at Sugarloaf.
    01-23-2007 04:47 PM
    trying it out in the store doesn't work for me.
    I think it let's you dismiss some phones but I agree it certainly isn't the same as actually getting it home. I had that problem with a Vario II (TyTN by another name) - seemed fine in the shop, went home and ordered it on the net, hated it within hours of its arriving.
    01-23-2007 06:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD