3rd party apps, 3rd party apps, 3rd party apps!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Familyman

Feb 15, 2006
Visit site
Can 3rd party apps be loaded on to the iphone, such as Splash ID? How can we find this out? Ireally need to know. If they can't it would be deal breaker!!

Felipe#WP

Nov 11, 1999
Visit site
this has been asked and answered already, but hear are possible answers.

1. no
2. yes
3. maybe
4. there are widget

1. no, apple doesnt want to bring down the network with faulty apps.
2. yes, if the app passes through quality control .
3. maybe, if apple and cingular can make money off it.
4. there are widgets, you can do everything with awidget.

CGK#IM

Oct 10, 2006
Visit site
This will keep a lot of geeks (like us) from buying this phone - in the scheme of things that means very little - the rest of the world will go "3rd party what?"

Familyman

Feb 15, 2006
Visit site
This in UNBELIEVABLE!!!! And I was so excited. I don't think I could live without Splash ID & a few others. Maybe I could carry two devices although that kind of defeats the purpose.

Mtreosexual

Nov 21, 2004
Visit site
I am sure widgets will address most o fthe third party apps.
I am with you splash ID is the most important 3rd party app. I am sure will have something like that either as widget or an app from apple .

surur

Aug 6, 2005
Visit site
Just a note : Widgets will also be controlled by Apple. That has also been confirmed. No unauthorized third party widgets either.

Surur

Familyman

Feb 15, 2006
Visit site
I am sure widgets will address most o fthe third party apps.
I am with you splash ID is the most important 3rd party app. I am sure will have something like that either as widget or an app from apple .

I'm sorry but what is a widget? What do you mean widgets will address most 3rd party apps? When you say I am sure will have something like that as a widget do you mean we could have Splish ID or do you mean we would be able to have some like it from someone else.

Familyman

Feb 15, 2006
Visit site
Just a note : Widgets will also be controlled by Apple. That has also been confirmed. No unauthorized third party widgets either.

Surur

What do you mean no unauthorized third party widgets? Would something like Splash ID be considered an unauthorized third party widget?

copernicus

Nov 22, 2002
Visit site
It seems to be becoming clearer that third party apps or widgets will undergo some sort of testing and approval process by Apple itself before being made available on the iPhone (not such a bad idea). At any rate, there will almost certainly be plenty of stable applications available within a very short time after the device is launched IMHO.

Felipe#WP

Nov 11, 1999
Visit site
What do you mean no unauthorized third party widgets? Would something like Splash ID be considered an unauthorized third party widget?

meaning if a program or a widget is going to be able to be installed, Apple will have to approve it.

splash ID will have to go through this approval process before you are able to install it.

JohnH59

Dec 19, 2004
Visit site
I need email/calendar/access to desktop files such as Sprint's Business Connect, the ability to create, edit, and view office documents, GPS, checkbook maintenance, password maintenance, and maybe a view other. If these can be performed, I will probably give it a try.

Mtreosexual

Nov 21, 2004
Visit site
I'm sorry but what is a widget? What do you mean widgets will address most 3rd party apps? When you say I am sure will have something like that as a widget do you mean we could have Splish ID or do you mean we would be able to have some like it from someone else.

If you own a mac. Widgets are small single apps with instant launching ability

Try this
https://www.apple.com/downloads/dashboard/#mn_p

Or if you own a PC
Google Yahoo widgets .

Hope that helps you .

mobileman

Apr 28, 2004
Visit site
I have to say that you guys will be quite disappointed if your expecting widgets to take the place of full blown apps. I doubt very highly you will see a splashid widget, a ms word document widget, a gps widget, or anything like that.

Mtreosexual

Nov 21, 2004
Visit site
I have to say that you guys will be quite disappointed if your expecting widgets to take the place of full blown apps. I doubt very highly you will see a splashid widget, a ms word document widget, a gps widget, or anything like that.

Can you list all the 3rd party apps , you guys are usign and making noise about ?
Yes there will be something like splash ID either a widget or an apple application
There will be a office document reader , similar to DOCs to go .
Even if say, there won't be 3 rd party apps . Apple has never said, they are not going to make any other apps besides what's there on the phone . Apple will be making their own apps . They have enough knowledge about very popular apps such as docs to go and splash ID . I do not care if they do not have Butler or realtor 3rd party apps .

mobileman

Apr 28, 2004
Visit site
Can you list all the 3rd party apps , you guys are usign and making noise about ?
Yes there will be something like splash ID either a widget or an apple application
There will be a office document reader , similar to DOCs to go .
Even if say, there won't be 3 rd party apps . Apple has never said, they are not going to make any other apps besides what's there on the phone . Apple will be making their own apps . They have enough knowledge about very popular apps such as docs to go and splash ID . I do not care if they do not have Butler or realtor 3rd party apps .

What makes you think there will be a splash id like program or widget? pleaswe provide a link as proof. Same goes for an office document viewer. How can you possibly make that assumption?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods