iPhone around the web

Pearl_Diva

Mar 24, 2005
Visit site
Oh, now you are saying that what we DID see it won't be able to do? Unbelieveable.

There is no end to the FUD here at TreoCentral.

Come on Archie, THAT'S NOT EXACTLY WHAT HE SAID!

And that's exactly why nobody can conclusivley say that the phone can do any of the wonderful things the proponents here seem to be talking about.

Until it's released to the general public, there will be many unanswered questions about what it can and cannot do.

Meaning that much of the stuff people are saying it can or will do is speculation because we haven't seen and tested the device first hand yet. He didn't refute what was shown in the presentation.

Now has anyone here actually received a test unit? THEN we can see what truly up!

MarkEagle

Dec 23, 1999
Visit site
Oh, now you are saying that what we DID see it won't be able to do?
What I said was that until it's released, nobody knows for sure what it will or won't do. In your own words: it wasn't a product briefing!

There is no end to the FUD here at TreoCentral.
I'm sure there's many iPhone forums you could visit. :mad:

All I'm saying is that there's two points of view (at least) regarding the iPhone. I respect your opinion of what you think it is going to be (or what you want it to be)... you need to respect mine, and anyone else's, who isn't convinced yet. Why is that so hard for you to understand?

archie

Oct 1, 2003
Visit site
What I said was that until it's released, nobody knows for sure what it will or won't do. In your own words: it wasn't a product briefing!
But we DO know what it WILL do. All of these discussions are based on what it will do, which, in turn, is based on what we saw in the keynote.

Do you understand my point?

What baffles me is that people here on TreoCentral deny everything that I say. Everything that I say has been fact. If you disagree, I invite you (challenge you) to point out what you think is not fact in any of my posts.

I'm sure there's many iPhone forums you could visit. :mad:

All I'm saying is that there's two points of view (at least) regarding the iPhone. I respect your opinion of what you think it is going to be (or what you want it to be)... you need to respect mine, and anyone else's, who isn't convinced yet. Why is that so hard for you to understand?
I do not (cannot) respect people's (not you specifically) opinion when it is constantly displayed as fact. I very rarely voice my opinion here at TreoCentral because it would not be inline with others and I would not fare very well. But what I DO post is fact. This is hard for people at TreoCentral to digest because they have put their trust into a company that is going nowhere fast. I have done it too (put my trust into Palm) but I have cut my loses and found other products and services that serve me much better.

And in the very near future, you might imagine what my new choice of a solution might be, but with that, I must digress.

Pearl_Diva

Mar 24, 2005
Visit site
Would it be fair to say that anyone who is planning to get an IPhone will not be buying an Ipod for the next 6 months?

Surur

I want to know if they're ever going to release the stand alone video iPod. It might hurt iPhone sales if they do though.

U2 iPod is on my wishlist! I think I'm going to get it next month anyway.

Pearl_Diva

Mar 24, 2005
Visit site
But we DO know what it WILL do. All of these discussions are based on what it will do, which, in turn, is based on what we saw in the keynote.

Do you understand my point? Sure, but until we get the iPhone in our hands, I still think a lot of what people are saying is speculation. Because we didn't see everything, as you said.

What baffles me is that people here on TreoCentral deny everything that I say. Everything that I say has been fact. If you disagree, I invite you (challenge you) to point out what you think is not fact in any of my posts.
Do YOU have a test unit or work for Apple? I could accept everything as basically fact if I knew that.

I do not (cannot) respect people's (not you specifically) opinion when it is constantly displayed as fact. I very rarely voice my opinion here at TreoCentral because it would not be inline with others and I would not fare very well. But what I DO post is fact. This is hard for people at TreoCentral to digest because they have put their trust into a company that is going nowhere fast. I have done it too (put my trust into Palm) but I have cut my loses and found other products and services that serve me much better. There's quite few Palm dissenters here, read the whole board carefuly when you have time.

And in the very near future, you might imagine what my new choice of a solution might be, but with that, I must digress.

You've been a bit heavy handed in some of your posts. I understand that you stand by this product, but you're just dismissing all those who see the possible shortcomings of the iPhone. It will NOT be perfect for everyone, let's face it!

And the same goes for the MSFT fan, whose name I won't mention until he comes back to post. I understand you don't like the product, but you also can't seem to see both sides. The iPhone is a refreshing design and concept change over what we see all the time.

archie

Oct 1, 2003
Visit site
You've been a bit heavy handed in some of your posts.
Sorry if I come across that way. My posts started out light hearted and excited. But then to assure that people would understand the truth, my posts may be heavy handed and harsh in dealing with the thick-headedness of those in denial.

I understand that you stand by this product, but you're just dismissing all those who see the possible shortcomings of the iPhone. It will NOT be perfect for everyone, let's face it!

And the same goes for the MSFT fan, whose name I won't mention until he comes back to post. I understand you don't like the product, but you also can't seem to see both sides. The iPhone is a refreshing design and concept change over what we see all the time.
I disagree with your statement about me not being able to see both sides. This is one of the reasons I feel so justified in being able to post here (that and I have more knowledge about Apple Inc. than ANYONE posting here - and many other locations as well).

I actually enjoy posting here (right now anyway). It's fun. I didn't always enjoy it though as history shows - it seems I am continually beat up and kicked out for being right when others are wrong. Like the memory issue of the 650 a couple years back (first to complain and illustrate the problems but met with disbelief) and the possibility of wi-fi on the 650 (I was the only person that realized it was never going to happen - remember the Shadowmite threads) and also the Palm licensing issue a year or so ago and also many other issues. I was always right but it was never accepted at the time.

Do I get any acknowledgement. No. All I get is berated and banned.

I think I like posting here because I am always right and no one can see it. :evil:

oalvarez

Apr 25, 2004
Visit site
^ and that (above) is much of the cause of all of this. i agree; Archie's original/beginning posts were nothing more than being supportive of a new device that was being introduced into the marketplace. after that, some turned it into a war and went to all lengths to diminish, discredit, demean, mock and belittle anything he (and many others including myself) had to say.

i don't blame him/her for fighting back. other's tactics are dirty at best while being very good to disguise their words and posts in a brighter light.

i've never seen such an attempt to discredit a device that doesn't even really exist. i think that some here have gotten so tired of the miserable failures that Palm has handed them that they find some false sense of victory by diminishing what it was that they wish their Palm could have been.

Chatter

Sep 1, 2002
www.chatteremail.com
Well, archie is painfully ignorant of some things. I don't think anyone begrudges his opinion, it's just that he states many things as fact that just aren't so.

Frankly, I think this whole board should be closed; it serves no beneficial purpose that I can see.

Marc

Pearl_Diva

Mar 24, 2005
Visit site
It's in "OTHER Devices", so what's the problem? If the Zune thread can stay up, why can't this one? And the Zune isn't even a phone!!

oalvarez

Apr 25, 2004
Visit site
i will agree to a certain extent. i personally believe that he/she (archie) doesn't make anything up but he/she might state what is not fact but just about every opponent of the device has done the same. why do i say?

it doesn't exist in its final form.

archie

Oct 1, 2003
Visit site
Well, archie is painfully ignorant of some things. I don't think anyone begrudges his opinion, it's just that he states many things as fact that just aren't so.

Frankly, I think this whole board should be closed; it serves no beneficial purpose that I can see.

Marc
You mean like Push IMAP? please... stop

Kupe#WP

Jul 28, 2000
Visit site
It was a keynote address, not a product briefing!

blah blah blah

A keynote address is defined as an opening statement that outlines the key issues.[/SIZE]
A one hour Keynote in which all that is discussed is a single product? That is either the worst keynote address ever or a marketing spiel that was too subliminal for Apple fans to recognize. Most real consumer product demos don't take that long and cover way more territory - Stevie was too busy snake-oiling the bells and whistles so no one would think about the obvious (and huge) oversights (like 3G and Office document viewing). But you keep shouting about how it was a keynote - if you're loud enough, you'll keep believing it. :cool:

surur

Aug 6, 2005
Visit site
They are being a bit tough on the IPhone, arnt they?

But because of the iPhone's attractive form factor, executives are likely to start buying it when it becomes available in June in the U.S., and tech departments need to head them off at the pass by issuing policies that forbid iPhones from being connected to networks, Enderle said. If executives insist on connecting iPhones, then the IT department has a duty to report the violation since it could mean that Sarbanes-Oxley or other compliance rules have been broken, Enderle said.

Surur

specimen38

Sep 29, 2004
Visit site
They are being a bit tough on the IPhone, arnt they?

Surur

I'd say so... But I'd also credit the members of this forum for lively debate and analysis. We've had some "tough" discussion about the iPhone and I think found some of us have found balance between what was originally presented at MacWorld Jan07 and what we know today. At least, I know I have.

littlewaywelt

Aug 18, 2005
Visit site
Would it be fair to say that anyone who is planning to get an IPhone will not be buying an Ipod for the next 6 months?

Surur

nope.
I currrently have a shuffle and 60gb video. I'll have an iphone and a new ipod as soon as the 6g is out in a large capacity 80gb+

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro