The iPhone is a music phone.
    I can carry *several* x 8GB of music around if I want to, at $70 per SD card.
    I can choose the software I use to play my music on the phone.
    I don't have to use iTunes.
    I can use better music formats than AAC/MP3.

Once again, an OPEN platform like POS (or Windows, or proper UNIX) will inevitably win over a CLOSED, vendor controlled one like the iPwn. Substance over style.
    01-11-2007 12:36 PM
    I can carry *several* x 8GB of music around if I want to, at $70 per SD card.
    I can choose the software I use to play my music on the phone.
    I don't have to use iTunes.
    I can use better music formats than AAC/MP3.

Once again, an OPEN platform like POS (or Windows, or proper UNIX) will inevitably win over a CLOSED, vendor controlled one like the iPwn. Substance over style.
    Like all those "open platforms" are beating iTunes right?
    01-11-2007 01:26 PM
    bittorrent beats iTunes.
    01-11-2007 01:32 PM
    95% of users just want a phone.

Marc
    01-11-2007 01:52 PM
    Probably not.

It isn't the iPhone by itself which will present a problem for Palm -- they are more business than that. And it isn't the Blackberry that presents a problem -- they are more personal than that. However, between those two goalposts, I'm not sure there's enough room for a standalone smartphone maker, especially as the goalposts grow closer...
    Good point Kurt. Unless Palm can quickly get some form of an improved OS that is actually stable and functional, I only see one future path which is in bed with Microsoft. I can clearly picture a Zune/Treo phone in the not too distant future. :hmm: :hmm:
    01-11-2007 01:58 PM
    Well to be fair, I think most people who use iTunes do so because they have to for their iPods and iTunes phones. Before I got my iPod I never touched (and didn't want to) iTunes. I'm sure if the iPod wasn't so popular, there would be a lot less people using iTunes.
    01-11-2007 04:09 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD