The World Has Not Ended Thread

bigwalton

Jan 30, 2001
Visit site

6. Unit must be sent in to Apple to replace battery

I wanna be able to change my batteries without having my hand held (ouch; unintended pun). Shame on Apple for this one, though.

I changed my iPod's battery in a matter of 15 minutes without paying a dime to Apple. I'm sure the same battery folks will be all over this market.

This doesn't excuse not making the battery removable however, just an FYI.

It sounds like there are enough things missing for third-party apps to be a necessity. Too bad they're verboten.

In all I've read about this issue, do we know this for certain or is this based on them just not explicitly saying that they will be opening it for development? That's a genuine question, no type of slam...

I don't recall seeing it stated that they will never allow 3rd party development. Seems strange if it's running some flavor of OSX which already has thousands of "widgets". I would think that they're limiting it now to get the OS bugs worked out and that 3rd party will come later (and I'm not saying that's acceptable, but at least allows for quick and easier fixes for rev. 1).

west3man

May 16, 2006
Visit site
In all I've read about this issue, do we know this for certain or is this based on them just not explicitly saying that they will be opening it for development? That's a genuine question, no type of slam...
Follow the links from Perry's post and tell me what your take is.

sir_mycroft

Dec 13, 2001
Visit site
"What all of the other manufacturers have been making is a phone...looked the same for some 50 years now...yeah they are different but all in all show me a phone and I know it's a phone. "

I own a VisorPhone. Trust me, I have to explian what it is to everyone who sees it.

west3man

May 16, 2006
Visit site
"What all of the other manufacturers have been making is a phone...looked the same for some 50 years now...yeah they are different but all in all show me a phone and I know it's a phone. "

I own a VisorPhone. Trust me, I have to explian what it is to everyone who sees it.
I was thinking the same thing about the Treo.
I've had to explain to enough people what was on my hip.

bruckwine

Nov 25, 2006
Visit site
1. will not sync with outlook at all (OH NOOOOO)
2. no iChat support at all
3. no voice dialing
4. no flash or java support in browser (WHY?)
5. Cant open word or excel docs.
6. Unit must be sent in to Apple to replace battery
7. No third party apps

I don't care about the first two, as I have no experience with iChat and I don't trust Outlook for my personal use (which is what I use my Treo for).

Voice dialing is an absolute necessity.

NO flash or java sounds anachronistic in such a Jetsons-esque device.

Word and Excel compatibility is a must.

I wanna be able to change my batteries without having my hand held (ouch; unintended pun). Shame on Apple for this one, though.

It sounds like there are enough things missing for third-party apps to be a necessity. Too bad they're verboten.

they always pull this trick! Changing my iPod battery was a real pain in the butt (though it cost me 15 Us in all ;)) and I can only imagine it being harder doing this and not cracking that shiny 3.5 in screen on that makes up one side of the phone case! if the phone is $600 i can only imagine how much to replace the battery! Can you say 2nd gen?!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234