Why hello there!!! Why isn't this being pointed out more?!

Everyone's just saying that there's no 3rd party/additional apps allowed.... saying that the apps they showed on it at the keynote wouldn't be enough...

At a bare minimum, it allows for the possibility that everyone seems to think can't happen, but at best, you can walk into an Apple store/Cingular and buy an Office suite, PDF reader, games, etc. etc. etc.

Yeah, you may pay more than shareware on a Treo, but if it means that Apple's slapped their stamp of approval on it, it will be supported, and it will just work, I'll happily pay extra.

Thanks for the link (and the hope )!
    And I'd be willing to bet that applications that are made available in the future will only be around $5.00. Just like the current Electronic Arts games for the iPod are priced through the iTunes Store.

Compare this to $20-$30 for a game on the Palm platform.
    01-26-2007 12:05 AM
    And I'd be willing to bet that applications that are made available in the future will only be around $5.00. Just like the current Electronic Arts games for the iPod are priced through the iTunes Store.
    When the $5 GPS navigation software with all 50 states and Canada comes out, I'll be in line to buy it. Yeah, right.
    01-26-2007 08:02 AM

Compare this to $20-$30 for a game on the Palm platform.
    Who wants crappy games by EA? I want an IM chat program, compatability with my MS Outlook, Office viewers, GPS, a password program. Do you think these will be $5.00?
    01-26-2007 09:48 AM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD